We've been staying at the Crowne Plaza at Heathrow on a regular basis now for about 10 years, so this review is long overdue. We have occasionally tried other hotels, but always seem to prefer this one. We are Priority Club members and quite often get upgraded to the club rooms on the 4th floor, which are very nice, with very comfortable beds, nice toiletries, bathrobe etc. However the ordinary rooms are a good standard too and once when our room had a lot of faults( which is very unusual for this hotel) such as TV not working, aircon not working, amongst other problems, we were very quickly upgraded to a suite, which was fab. Massive spa bath and enormous bed, fruit, magazines, and it was all sorted with a minimum of fuss.
I would definitely recommend the club rooms, if you can get one at the right price, as the club lounge is very pleasant, with drinks, including spirits and fizzy. Also nibbles and canapes, but they appear to have cut down on the amount of canapes in the last couple of years. Still a very nice place to while away an hour or two before eating. The food and drink in the hotel is quite expensive, but certainly no dearer than any other airport hotel and is to be expected. We ate in Eriki during our last stay which was nice, but not outstanding and the portions weren't that generous. However it was perfectly acceptable.
The reason for writing this review now is that I would like to comment on the help and service we received from the staff on our last visit in October this year. We stupidly left 2 items of luggage in the taxi that brought us back from the airport, a black cab, which wasn't affiliated to the hotel which made it very difficult to track down, as you can imagine. However with the help of the lovely taxi driver and the duty manager of the Crown Plaza, we were reunited with our cases. The lady in question is called Fatima, I believe, and I apologize if I have the spelling wrong. She was efficient, courteous and very helpful, just what we needed during that really quite stressful 24 hours! I would like to thank her and the other staff very much and it's nice to know that hotel staff can be very, very good indeed, when there is so much written about people who just can't be bothered nowadays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly refurbished Crowne Plaza London Heathrow Hotel is conveniently located for all Heathrow airport terminals including the new Terminal 5. In addition, M4 & M40 are only minutes away. The Hotel is just 2 minutes from Stockley Park. Complimentary transfers offered to Stockley Park whilst Bedfont Lakes Business Park is only a short drive away. Crowne Plaza London Heathrow is an ideal base while on Business or to explore Central London, Legoland Windsor, Ascot Racecourse, Wembley, and Twickenham. All bedrooms are spacious, modern & equipped with air conditioning and high-speed internet. The Hotel offers family rooms & accessible rooms including one with hoist facilities. Why not upgrade to the Club floor with access to Crowne Plaza Club Lounge where you can enjoy complimentary Continental Breakfast, complimentary WiFi in the lounge, drinks & canapes. Crowne Plaza London Heathrow is the place to Meet with 23 meeting and conference rooms for up to 200 delegates. All conference rooms have natural daylight and WiFi. Crowne Plaza London Heathrow is the ideal Legoland hotel for exploring all the park has to offer with journey times to the park of only 20 minutes The Hotels Leisure Club Spirit boasts Heathrow's largest indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna and fully equipped gym and treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London Heathrow
- Crowne Plaza West Drayton
- Crowne Plaza Heathrow
- Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow West Drayton, Greater London