“Nice place to stay when using Heathrow Airport”

Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed September 30, 2007

We stayed here for 2 nights in Sept. 2007. Although this is a chain hotel and does not have the personal touches of a small hotel or bed and breakfast, we still found it an excellent place to stay. The staff were friendly and responsive to our needs. The restaurants in the hotel were very good. Our room was large, quiet, and very clean.

This is not a good place to stay if you want to explore London because the travel is cumbersome, but we would highly recommend it to anyone using Heathrow Airport. We also got an excellent Internet rate.

4  Thank JSNorthernCalifornia
Write a ReviewReviews (3,052)

Reviewed September 28, 2007

The hotel was easy to find from the directions and the hotel was very clean and tidy. The staff were business like without being chatty. I had made a booking for a single room but was given a large room with two double beds.
Parking was included in my booking and my ticket was quickly stamped once I had returned from my journey.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank curlyjen28
Reviewed September 26, 2007

For an airport hotel, this is a great hotel. I got to stay there at the end of my 14 day European vacation and to be able to have that big bathroom and nice toiletries...and the white duvet and comfortable bed and all the channels on tv...it was delightful. No complaints at all. Food for room service was tasty but of couse ver expensive which is both a factor of room service in general as well as London in general.
The hotel staff was extremely efficient and in the morning got us a cab to the airport and checkout was quick.
Just a word for ladies...there was not a hair dryer in the room but I did not ask at the front desk so if you require a hair dryer, call the hotel and find out for sure if they have one...
Also remember to get to Heathrow early as with all the construction on terminal 2 things are a bit congested. If you need a VAT refund, add 1 hour to stand in line. Or keep your items for VAT claim in your carry on and hit the refund centre after security as the line is half as long...

2  Thank ShaunaLynne77
Reviewed September 25, 2007

My partner and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel recently as we were going to see a show in the West End. It is a really excellent hotel - we had no complaints whatsoever. Our room was very spacious with a desk, internet access, large T.V, mini bar, fully equiped bathroom with all the toiletries you need, and a bathrobe - in fact all you could ask for.
We ate breakfast in the restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed it. The waiters and waitresses were very helpful and polite.
It was my first visit to London and it gave me a very good first impression and helped me enjoy the weekend even more.

1  Thank BootUK
Reviewed September 15, 2007

I had a one night stay at the crowne plaza heathrow before a flight the next morning. The room was large and clean. Staff friendly and curteous. As I was staying alone I ordered room service food - expensive but food was fine and its OK for a one off.
I used the pool facilities and was happy with them. The pool was sectioned off down the middle to allow swimmers one side and children the other - not really sure why as there was kids jumping around everywhere, not that this bothered me too much as I believe a hotel leisure pool is for adults and children alike but if you want to go for a serious swim I wouldn't recommend it and on the other hand if you want to take children be warned it is sectioned. The sauna and steam room and the jaccuzzi were also very relaxing.
Very convenient for the airport - the shuttle bus takes approx 15 mins and starts running at approx 5.30am.
I would return to this hotel if I was flying out of heathrow again.

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank JJ3London
Reviewed August 30, 2007

We needed a place near Heathrow for the last night of a 3-week trip, and I chose the Crowne Plaza simply b/c I found a great rate for that one night. We were so beat when we got there, and the place is being remodeled. We were not prepared to love it, but we did. The little "pub" turned out to have great beers and pretty darned good food (I recommend the lamb), the room was huge and beautiful and a real treat after staying in so many TINY rooms, and they were very responsive to our needs. It's a great place if you gotta be in an airport hotel.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank Giavanna61
Reviewed August 29, 2007

Stayed two nights on a Legoland visit with my family this August . Hotel very large but all the staff we met were both helpful and friendly. Some refurb under way and so catering options were restricted. Other than catering the building works did not affect us and I would expect, had these further enhancements been in place,to have rated the hotel even higher. On the first night we ate at the hotel's Cafe Nico, an AA rosette restaurant, and were not disappointed. The second night we used room service and the quality and pricing of the food was very reasonable. Only issue with the breakfast, as identified by my eagle eyed wife, was the table cloths were not ironed! Other than that minor irritant the "help yourself" breakfast format set us all up for a full day at Legoland. Pool, sauna and gym facilities were all excellent. All in all a very good hotel which, being frequented by tourists, businessmen and air hostesses, provides all with a high standard of accommodation.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow? Share your experiences!