“great for airport stop”

Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed April 15, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for one night and left our car for the entire stay, we had not done this before but we reassured by the hotel that this was fine,

The room was fine, had tea/coffee making facillities with plenty of teabags, sat tv and all the usual requirements, the brekfast was on offer during out stay from £15 to £10 per person, which we did take as our flight was 9 hours and we all know what airplane food is like!!!!.

there is the Heathrow Hoppa bus which takes you to and from the airport, it costs £4 each way, which is expensive considering it only goes 3 miles up the road, but the driver will load/unload your luggage, be sure to ask him where he will pick you up, we landed at terminal 3 and our pick up point was bus stop 11-13, the bus is H1, for Holiday M4J4, be careful as there are 3 other HI hotels at Heathrow,

We Collected our Car and it had only done 1 mile, so we were very pleased, no damage all in all a good hotel, a success.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chrissy077

Reviewed April 15, 2007

I stayed at the hotel with my work friends whilst we were on a theatre trip. The food was plentiful and delicious and there was a large choice of desserts. The room was modern and clean (except for a bit of wallpaper that had peeled off the wall by the window and had left a damp patch- this was the same for all of our 4 rooms- but you couldn't see this as the curtain covered it!). There was no noise from any traffic/planes and the night time disco was great fun. I was certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank taliward
Reviewed March 10, 2007

We stayed here the night before an early morning flight from Heathrow. In summary- if you've already booked to stay here, don't worry- it's not awful, but lots could be improved. If you haven't booked yet- see if you can find somewhere else for the same price!

The check in was slow (very) and, despite me phoning the night before to confirm a twin room, when we arrived it was a double. This was remedied quickly by the beds were right next to each other, with no space inbetween (i.e. a double unzipped into 2 beds and made up separately). This was ok but not ideal.

The room it's self was ok- a good size, clean, with an average bathroom. It wasn't too noisy.

The food in the bar was awful! The order took half an hour and when the food arrived it was cold! Not even warm, but cold. The waiter looked suprised when we returned it and asked for new, warm food. They heated it in the microwave and brought it back out. Not good.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank ber24
Reviewed March 8, 2007

Booked this hotel through Holiday Extras prior to our flight to Miami for our 2 week cruise. I chose the "any hotel 4* option with car parking for 15 days" where you do not know what has been allocated until you pay and finish your booking. The Holiday Inn came up. This cost £79.00

So off we go from the south coast of England using the Holiday Extra directions. I usually map out the route myself using one of the internet's route planners but for some reason this time I left it to the agent, since in the past their directions have been spot on.

However, could we get to the hotel? We could see it from the motorway and we went up and down the motorways, past the actual airport twice until there was only one exit route we had not taken so by a process of elimination we took and yep you guessed it,it took us directly to the hotel.

We checked in, well we tried to - first Mike, my husband had to find a parking space. The hotel car park was so full and they told us to park on the grass. Then when I actually checked in I was told that I had already checked in. I told the man at the desk, not so, here is my reservation and here am I. After a long wait, it appeared that somebody else had used our reservation. I just hoped then that they had a room for us. They did and upgraded us to the Executive floor. So we then gave the room number to the luggage man to deliver our cases to our room. We then trotted off to our room to find that we couldn't open the door. So back to the front desk, who re activated the key. Back to the room, no luck so back again to the front desk. This went on twice more and by this time my husband was getting really angry. A nice young lady in reception took us to the bar and gave us a drink whilst she sorted out the room.

Apparently, the number written down on the little card was wrong. Anyway, we finally were able to get into our room and get some sleep.

Whew.

When we arrived back 17 days later I asked the man at the front desk to activate our car parking ticket so that we could get out of the car park. He began to check our reservation since I knew we had to pay for the 4 extra days at £10 per day since the package was for 15 nights car parking and as he was doing so, I said "you must remember me, we checked in nearly 3 weeks ago and had all the problems with the reservation and then the room key" and reminded him in a fun way about the problems with the rooms. He said he did remember, and just gave me a car exit card. He didn't ask us for the extra 4 days parking money.

Apart from the above, the hotel was very nice. The executive room as I said was so very comfortable. We never ate breakfast there since it was too early for us and we paid for a taxi to take us to the terminal rather than the bus. I just couldn't face lugging all of our luggage on to the shuttle then off on to a couple of trolleys not to mention the other stops the bus might have to do. It took about 5 minutes door to door and we managed to find a porter to shift the luggage for us right inside to the check in desk and place it on the conveyer belt. It was lucky there was no queue for check in.

Just want to mention that we asked the hotel concierge how much a cab would cost) and he said about £9 which to us was a no brainer since it would have cost us £8 on the shuttle (£4 each one way but when the car came it was a people carrier and cost of £16. I think the desk clerk ordered this since I told him we had 5 cases of luggage, and he must have though 5 big cases, he didnt realise they went from tiny to large. But I would advise anyone to check with the cab driver how much. Friends of ours on the same cruise but staying at a different hotel near the airport did the same thing and they had a normal size cab which cost them £9.

SO all in all I found the hotel very nice but will not stay there again since on exiting the hotel at the end of our holiday, could we find a sign pointing us in the right direction. Nope and we ended up driving almost into London.

Well I said probably not, but if we have sat nav then I would definitely stay there again. I wonder if anyone else actually had any problems finding the entrance.

Stayed: February 2007
5  Thank josie
Reviewed March 7, 2007

Stayed Here on business thought it was a great hotel.

The rooms are well equipped and very tidy, I found the lobby a good size with 2 bars and 2 restaurants including a chinese and a Irish themed pub.

Gym had great facilties and althought the car park was fairly full I still found space to park the car.

The Conference facilties again were great very comfortable for 2 solid days of learning and you are given a supply of Starbucks Coffee which never seems to run out to keep you sharp and alert.

Not once inside the hotel did I hear the noise from aircraft and would stay here again over anything Bath Road has to offer.

Staff were very friendly and the room was immaculate.

Internet is a little pricey but nobody is perfect hey!!!

Highly Recommended

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank fletch1983
Reviewed February 21, 2007

We needed a hotel near T3 because of an early flight and paid just over £50 for one night by reserving it 5 months in advance.
We were more than pleasantly surprised - large , well furnished bedroom with good facilities and a comfortable bed.
Bars were quite busy with similar couples and families having a nightcap , giving it a nice atmosphere - whether it would be the same with the contents of two canceled or diverted 747's dumped here for the night is another question!
Having tried other hotels nearer Heathrow on the Bath Road before we expected a restless night with aircraft noise but here at M4/J4 we slept like a log , not even noise from the Motorway.
Great insulation.
Transfer to the airport is efficient and we would certainly chose this hotel again for T3 early departures.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Silverswimmer
Reviewed January 29, 2007

I hadn't stayed at the Holiday Inn before but have to say i was pleased i did. My usual hotel was full so i "Googled" and found this hotel. Prices were about average so booked.
I have to say the level of facilities are anything but average. I had no idea there was so much choice with regards to where to eat or drink within one hotel, they even have an Irish Themed Pub!
Rooms were quite spacious considering the size of the hotel and nicely decorated.
I will definatly use this hotel again when in there area.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BOB747
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4? Share your experiences!