“Not Very comfortable”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Not Very comfortable”
Reviewed January 16, 2010

We stayed here for one night prior to flying out from Heathrow. Location was great and we had a good deal with Inclusive parking rates.
Rooms were just Ok, and the bed and pillows were so very uncomfortable, we wished we had just have driven down the same morning as our flight as we slept so badly! We ate in the Oriental restaurant, food was good, but service was slow.
I would only rate this as 3 star.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Polish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2010

I was really impressed with this hotel, really nice atmosphere in reception, bar and bar food was lovelly. Our room was a really good size, Double bed, big sofa, air conditioning worked really well.
The staff were great aswell, really helpfull ordering taxis and stuff which is obviously normal but they just seemed really genuine and friendly. That kind of thing makes all the difference.
An obviously its ideally located for the airport.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Bedfordshire
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Stayed one night at the big Holiday Inn near Heathrow.

The room was comfortable and clean. It was better than I expected given that this is a vast hotel which must have an enormous turnover of guests. The bathroom was OK.

I had room service and the food was standard fare, but being on the 10th floor it was a bit cold by the time it reached me.

The common areas of the hotel are much better than I thought they might be, being an old property and one so near Heathrow.

The barriers were up when I went in to the hotel car park, there had been heavy snow that day, and I drove straight in. This caused a bit of confusion at checkout, for me, as after I said a had a car they wanted to charge for a ticket I did not have and I wondered how I was to get out. My travel companion intervened and they waived the charge and the barriers were up anyway.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2009

Booked 1 night hotel with 15 days parking for £60 through holidayextras.com. Can't really complain for the price we paid. Standard room which was fine for a nights sleep before long flight. Bus from hotel to airport at £4 per person, if there is more than 2 of you it's cheaper and easier to get private transport from hotel at £11. I'd stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank somewheresun
Aberdare, Wales
Reviewed November 23, 2009

Stayed the night here and parked for 15 days. Very good value. Moved room after hotel unable to fix television (wanted to see rememberance service on tele). Booked dinner for 8 o'clock but receptionist did not tell us that this was not possible as there was 10 coaches in the hotel that night. Had to queue to get in to dining room. complained to manager who eventually let us jump the queue only to find that a very unappetising carvery awaited us with another queue again. decided to eat in the bar and this was ok.
No problems with parking.
hotel ok for the airport, room eventually ok but dont go in the dining room unless you are on a coach trip and like very basic food

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed November 22, 2009

- When you're checking in, Dont tell them what time you'll be checking out! Because I casually mentioned 7ish, and then I found myself locked out of my room at 7 am!
- GREAT breakfast.
- Expensive, but value for money.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Johannesburg
Reviewed November 13, 2009

I had booked into this hotel, and only looked at trip-advisor after the booking. Saw a lot of comments about sharing your room with a cockroach, about tacking furniture, musty rooms etc. I was actually dreading my stay, but since I had paid and they weren't giving refunds on internet bookings, I ended up going there.

The shuttle service to the hotel is run by the local council, and covers a number of hotels in the vicininy. At GBP 4.00 it was a little steep, but still a better bet than taking a taxi or walking. Be WARNED though, that the shuttle doesn't keep much in the way of change, so don't expect to be able to get change for GBP 20.00, because you will be disappointed !

The hotel was nice, clean, food might be a tad expensive, but then again, it's cheaper than travelling into town to find something else. The beer selection was pretty good, and the service overall good, if not terribly informative (I was told that there was no need to pre-validate my credit card, and then discovered that without this validation, none of the interactive services were available to me).

The room was very spacious, and above all clean. They had a selection of pillows with different levels of firmness, and the usual hotel bits and bobs (tea / coffee etc). The bathroom was clean.
The triple glazed windows mean that you hear absolutely no noise whatsoever from the motorway.

The only gripe I have is that although there's an aircon in the room, there's no heater (at least none I could find, and no heat setting on the aircon). This means that the room can get a little chilly.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Novotel London Heathrow
#4 of 12 in West Drayton
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4? Share your experiences!