My training providers had negotiated a discount on the overnight rate. It transpired that the discount took the price down from the advertised room price which is in excess of £300 per night. Such a shame that Holiday Inn a company whose hotels I used to use out of choice are ripping tourists off.
I was booked in for a five night stay to attend a training course at the hotels excellent academy training conference facility.
On arrival I was presented with a letter acknowledging that a long stay away from home was unpleasant and the hotel would do everything they could to make my stay comfortable. I assumed that having acknowledged my length of stay I would have had a good room allocated for the duration of my stay. I and 4 of my fellow students were on what I later discovered was a transit floor, guests were coming in and out at all hours of the day or night for flights with shouting children and screaming babies making for very disturbed nights.
It took 3 members of staff to select a room for my stay. The final person was apparently the night duty manager on the 17th August. He physically pushed the other staff away from the computer grunted in disagreement when they made a suggestion then selected the transit floor room grunted and walked off, with no acknowledgment of my existence at any time.
My room was comfortable with a notice on the wall asking for towels etc., to be reused, no matter what I did all the toiletries and towels were replaced on 3 of my five nights. Irritating when you do your best to save the company money.
The final morning of my stay the hotel had a guests from a large conference on site. Either they had no additional plans in place to cope with the extra guests or that information was not passed on but the queue for breakfast stretched along much of the ground floor, a small notice invisible at the back of the queue telling most guests they could not use the other restaurant for breakfast. Perhaps one directing the huge group to the other facility may have helped.
£9 + for a large glass of wine?
The highlight of my stay was the Academy training centre, very well equipped, friendly staff who dealt with any problems promptly. The wifi was good and the catering was very good with snacks during the day which added a lighthearted discussion point.
Flying in or out of Heathrow do some research, this place is very expensive and probably the worst Holdiay Inn I have stayed in.
I made all of these points to the reception staff when I payed my bill, I got all the expected platitiudes and some points added to my Holiday Inn card but no record seemed to be made of my concerns.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary and convenient, the Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4 Jct. 4 Hotel is just off the M4 motorway at Junction 4, minutes from Heathrow Airport, Terminal 5 and close to Stockley Business Park and Bedfont Lakes. Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4 Jct. 4 is an ideal base to explore Central London, Legoland Windsor, Wembley and Twickenham. Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4 Jct. 4 offers Park, Stay & Go packages including one night's accommodation and car parking for up to 15 days. All bedrooms are spacious and equipped with air conditioning and high speed internet and wireless access throughout public areas. Our airport hotel is an ideal location for your meetings and conferences at Heathrow. 14 state of the art Academy meeting rooms are self-contained with dedicated and professional support. HSIA and WIFI available with unlimited Starbucks coffee. Workout & unwind in our complimentary Spirit Gym or indulge at one of the best Chinese and Thai restaurants at Heathrow Airport. Try our traditional Irish Pub or our lounge where refreshments are available 24 hours a day. The airport shuttle is £4.50 p/p each way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, IHG, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London-Heathrow m4, Jct 4 Hotel West Drayton
- Holiday Inn West Drayton
- West Drayton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4 West Drayton, Greater London