“Reception team and Administration needs reviewing” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4

Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
cambridgeshire
“Reception team and Administration needs reviewing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

My training providers had negotiated a discount on the overnight rate. It transpired that the discount took the price down from the advertised room price which is in excess of £300 per night. Such a shame that Holiday Inn a company whose hotels I used to use out of choice are ripping tourists off.
I was booked in for a five night stay to attend a training course at the hotels excellent academy training conference facility.
On arrival I was presented with a letter acknowledging that a long stay away from home was unpleasant and the hotel would do everything they could to make my stay comfortable. I assumed that having acknowledged my length of stay I would have had a good room allocated for the duration of my stay. I and 4 of my fellow students were on what I later discovered was a transit floor, guests were coming in and out at all hours of the day or night for flights with shouting children and screaming babies making for very disturbed nights.
It took 3 members of staff to select a room for my stay. The final person was apparently the night duty manager on the 17th August. He physically pushed the other staff away from the computer grunted in disagreement when they made a suggestion then selected the transit floor room grunted and walked off, with no acknowledgment of my existence at any time.
My room was comfortable with a notice on the wall asking for towels etc., to be reused, no matter what I did all the toiletries and towels were replaced on 3 of my five nights. Irritating when you do your best to save the company money.
The final morning of my stay the hotel had a guests from a large conference on site. Either they had no additional plans in place to cope with the extra guests or that information was not passed on but the queue for breakfast stretched along much of the ground floor, a small notice invisible at the back of the queue telling most guests they could not use the other restaurant for breakfast. Perhaps one directing the huge group to the other facility may have helped.
£9 + for a large glass of wine?
The highlight of my stay was the Academy training centre, very well equipped, friendly staff who dealt with any problems promptly. The wifi was good and the catering was very good with snacks during the day which added a lighthearted discussion point.
Flying in or out of Heathrow do some research, this place is very expensive and probably the worst Holdiay Inn I have stayed in.
I made all of these points to the reception staff when I payed my bill, I got all the expected platitiudes and some points added to my Holiday Inn card but no record seemed to be made of my concerns.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get put on the transit floor. A good nights sleep is a struggle
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank dinghyking
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review of your recent stay at our Hotel. We value our Guest's feedback and take comments made seriously.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the noise you experienced and for the upset and inconvenience caused. I am disappointed to hear that you were not allocated a room in the quiet part of the hotel for the duration of your trip. Please be assured I will be taking your comment forward with the Front Desk Manager to ensure staff are retrained. I am also sorry to hear that Housekeeping did not follow guidelines for the towels and I will inform the Executive Housekeeper.

I apologise for breakfast being busy and will be looking into this further to see why this occurred. I am pleased to learn that you found the Academy facilities to be excellent and the staff to be friendly.

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies for any upset or inconvenience caused and I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel to restore your faith.

Kind regards

fiona.mackenzie-andrew@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

We were here for one night as part of an Omega London Theatre trip and found the room to be spacious and very comfortable. The restaurant was very modern. Both the evening meal and breakfast were great, with plenty of choice. There was a very lively bar with music and it was a very relaxing and friendly place. We really enjoyed our stay.

1 Thank ELC1966
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

Excellent room with view of the airport. Friendly staff and reasonable parking charges. Easy frequent and fast connections to all Heathrow terminal via the Heathrow hopper, which is reasonably priced. Buy your tickets in the hotel, returns are cheaper

Room Tip: High floors facing east were very good
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank Bill P
Chippenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

As we had an early flight from Heathrow the next morning we decided to travel to the Holiday Inn M4. Easy to find and easy to park, a huge receiption area and was quickly checked in. We were lucky enough to have been checked into the top floor in a double room (think these rooms had just been re-decorated). A very large room, lovely comfortable bed and everything you need from a hotel room like a TV, tea and coffee making facilities, fridge, storage space and all done to a modern standard taste. The bathroom was a tad on the small size but again very clean and everything you need from a decent over the bath shower to a heated/non steam mirror.

After we had been to our room we decided to go back downstairs and have a drink at the bar (irish themed), again great atmosphere however a bit on the expensive side (but this is a hotel bar after all). We decided to eat next door at there Asian restaurant which wasn't overly busy and we soon were taken over to a table. Unfortunately they had ran out prosecco wine and the service was terrible. Infact I noticed a few tables moaning about the very slow service and infact one guy got up and shouted at the waiter just to get his attention (which is really bad). However the food was ok for a Holiday Inn.
As the service was terrible we refused to pay the concession tip automatically added to our bill so we crossed it out. When we managed to get a waiters attention and asked for the bill he just told us that the card machine was not working so it would be charged to our room which was fine. However the next morning the day we were checking out our bill came through the door showing us that they had not infact took off the concession tip despite us crossing this off.
When I went down to reception to check out who are all very nice and attentive, she apologised for the service and took off the concession tip herself and apologised.

So overall even though the very bad service from the restaurant part of the hotel this really did not put a dampener on our stay, its in a great location for Heathrow, checked in speedily and the rooms were nice as was the bar and I even noticed they had a small starbucks in there or at least selling there coffee.

Once checked out of the hotel there is a "Hoppa" bus service which goes to terminal 1,2,3 then another bus for 4&5, they go ever 20mins or so and takes about 20mins to get to the airport as the Hoppa bus which goes right outside the Holiday Inn reception door area, which again was a added bonus. From here the Hoppa bus service does go to about another 3 hotels en route, but coming back to the hotel you are the first dropped off hotel.

Room Tip: If you can ask for the floor 10
1 Thank CAMPO75C
Leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

I must have stayed in this hotel 10 times over the past 5-6 years - the last time being probably a year ago.

Every time I've stayed, I've had an average experience; nothing really to write home about.

This time however, I couldn't believe how faultless everything was.

I checked in and was given a twin room - which wasn't ideal (having two beds for a single guest is a bit useless!). The room was really nice - I liked the shutters on the windows which were good for a total blackout.

I call reception and they offered me an upgrade (for a small fee) to an executive room and I accepted. This was such a good decision it's untrue! The new room was either freshly renovated or just really well maintained - and I suspect it was the latter!

The tea and coffee options were great - not your usual horrible instant coffee and a range of teas. The milk was fresh and stored in the minibar, which was brilliant. As a coffee lover, it always annoys me how the coffee in hotel rooms is so rubbish - but not here!

Everything about the room was brilliant, from the desk, to the wall mounted telly and the shower which was very un-hotel like and very luxurious.

The service I received at the hotel was markedly different from past visits - everyone I spoke to was chirpy, professional and smart. They all seemed very happy in their jobs which at an airport hotel can be unusual!

I ordered room service and the food (chilli) was great. The pint was served in a rubbish "standard" glass which was the only fault I could find (and I'm the sort that I look for these things!!).

I would (and definitely will) stay in this hotel again. I'm already planning to take my management team there for a mini-conference!

Room Tip: Upgrade to executive. The basic rooms are great but executive, for the small fee, are incredible!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Location
1 Thank timmne
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

Excellent location because its only 5 min drive from heathrow airport. service was ok, room was clean, bed was comfortable enough. we requested for a double bed but it turned out our bed was 2 twin beds connected together so i can sort of feel the gap in the middle. quite noisy air-condition, sliding door which i suppose works as a blind is very difficult to open so i gave up in the end.
wifi is £5 an hour and £10 for parking which is ridiculous compared to free wifi and free parking nearby hotels.
will try to stay somewhere else next time.

3 Thank Odessy12
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problems you experienced during your stay and for any upset or inconvenience caused. I apologise you found the bed to be uncomfortable and the air conditioning to be noisy. I also apologise that you had difficulty closing the sliding door.

I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with the internet charges. I am pleased to advise that as of July 1st 2014 we offer complimentary internet to all our IHG Reward Club members. It is free to join and we would be more than happy to enrol you on your next visit. I also apologise that you found that the car park charges did not meet your expectations. We charge for the car park to ensure we have sufficient spaces for our guests as the car park was being used by non-residents.

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies or any upset or inconvenience caused. Thank you again for your review and I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Oxford ENGLAND
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Stayed here with my 2 kids on a saturday in june, air con wasn't working, terrible experience, hotel kindly offered me 25k of priority points to compensate, very good of them so used the points to stay again...
Stayed again in July and it was just as bad, 30c outside and 26c room temp, air con wouldnt work, maintenance looked and confirmed, 3 people in a room with no window to open and no fresh air was horrible. they offered to move our room as they place families in older rooms that dont have working air con (so i was told by the guy on the front desk) but kids were asleep (11pm by time they got round to helping us) so i stayed and used an electric fan, worst nights sleep ever. breakfast next day was good in fairness. emailed the hotel but they probably think im a serial moaner, they replied saying that they hope i give them another chance etc but I wont be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank thame_hoops
I am so very sorry that you experienced difficulty with the air conditioning unit again at our hotel. I am highly embarrassed that our team did not check the room prior to your arrival, for this I sincerely apologise.

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies for the upset and inconvenience caused.

I do hope that we can welcome you back again and my email details are below if I can ever assist now or in the future.

Kind regards

Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4? Share your experiences!