“Great changes”

Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
“Great changes”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Having visited this hotel on numerous occasions, I was pleasantly surprised this weekend when on opening my room door I was delighted with the new decoration and design. Executive rooms they are called. We'll done holiday inn

Room Tip: Ask for an executive room.
1 Thank Richard P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I arrived on Thursday 17th July for a one night stay which was booked by the company I work for.

Some of my other colleagues had said that this was a great place to stay, but you can never be sure until you try it yourself.

Anyway earlier than the standard check in time as I was due to work an afternoon shift and wanted to freshen up before I went to the office. I had not told them I wanted an early check in but I was immediately seen and booked into a room with no fuss hassle or question of an charges.

I arrived into my room and the air con was already on and the room was lovely cool, and noise free. The room itself was spotlessly clean, as was the bathroom. The windows in the room do not let any noise in whatsoever and you definitely can't hear any aircraft.

When I arrived back in the evening I decided to order room service and did so, I was told that my meal would be with me within 30 mins and it had arrived within 25 mins. The food was fantastic and tasted very fresh.

I didn't use the fitness suite they had in site but it did look very modern and up to date.

Breakfast the next morning was excellent, there was a large selection of both continental and English and it was all freshly cooked.

When checking out they authorise your car park ticket so you are able to leave.

I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Simseys
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Practical, clean and efficient. Pleasant and professional staff. True, it is close to the airport (I clocked 7 min by taxi), but be prepared to pay GBP 12.30 for this short ride. The receptionist tells you it would be a GBP 10.00 flat fee which is well below what the driver asked for. A shuttle exists but may take 20 min or more and still costs GBP 9.00 for two. In my view, the hotel should negotiate a fairer deal with the taxi (and shuttle) company as the current situation smells of highway robbery. We were disappointed with this cost and duration of transport to the terminal, but if you arrive with the correct expectation, you may well find the hotel to be a nice stepping stone for your further travel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review of our hotel and please accept my sincerest apologies that the transportation from the airport to the hotel did not meet your expectations.

The Hotel Hoppa service is used by the majority of hotels in the Heathrow area and provides an alternative mode of transportation to the airport. There is also a public bus which runs from outside the hotel, the 222, this can be taken for a charge and then transfer on the Bath Road to the complimentary airport bus, but this does increase transfer times.

I do apologise that you were misinformed of the cost of a taxi from the airport by our receptionist. The taxi costs arranged by the hotel would be £12.00 to / from Terminal 1, 2 and 3 and £17.00 to / from Terminal 4 and 5.

Thank you for mentioning that you found our team to be pleasant and professional and we are pleased you found our hotel to be clean and efficient.

Once again, please do accept my sincerest apologies for any upset or inconvenience caused and I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Fiona Mackenzie Andrew
Guest Relations
Cyprus
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We have an overnight stop here as we arrive in or leave the UK. Substantial renovations have been carried out in the hotel over the past couple of years, resulting in a very acceptable hotel. The whole gives the impression of airiness and space.

The bedrooms are a generous size with comfortable beds and good sized bathrooms.

There are a couple of restaurants downstairs with the main one serving good quality meals and excellent breakfasts. There is also a pub type bar, an oriental restaurant and a very large lounge/bar area. The hotel also has a small fitness club.

Overall a good quality hotel where the weekend prices are very good value indeed. We will keep on using this hotel at LHR.

Room Tip: The double glazing ensures there is no noise from the airport. We have had rooms on about all levels...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Spent a night here with my daughter as she was flying to India the next day. I picked this hotel because of its proximity to the airport and the price was excellent with breakfast included. Some reviewers have complained of difficulty finding the hotel, however I called the day before to ask about the nearest station and was given a step by step guide which got us there perfectly. Staff all very helpful and polite, room quiet, very clean and comfortable.Evening buffet so so, breakfast buffet excellent. Overall a very satisfying stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephanie B
Dronfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 night when taking son to Heathrow. Very clean, large rooms with good air conditioning. Very helpful & friendly staff. Good breakfast choices, although potato waffles dry & sausages could be better. Everything else more than satisfactory. 1 tip - food at nearby Plough Inn is cheaper with large portions.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2014

clean & tidy nice size room good public areas and really great dinner and breakfast (buffet style / sit where you like) bar and bbq area outside / seperate check in / out for aircrew / friendly helpful staff

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4? Share your experiences!