“Average airport hotel: not overly appealing”

Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Dublin, Ireland
“Average airport hotel: not overly appealing”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

As an airport property, the hotel is really only designed for transiting passengers. As such, I don't expect much from them. Holiday Inn's tend to be pretty generic by design so these two facts coupled together meant my expectations were low.

Check-in was slow and the agent not particularily friendly. While I appreciate that late check-outs are not guaranteed, there was practically a look down the nose that I even asked. Despite arriving at almost midnight, I was told to ring down at 7 a.m. to request it. Not exactly great service, or guest-friendly. Needless to say, I passed at breaking my sleep to do that.

The room was Holiday Inn standard kit, but had a few flaws. The bathroom sink had no stopper (so could not hold water) and one of the drawers contained a previous guest's trash. Small things: but nonetheless shows that the cleaning/maintenance of the room were not as it should be.

That said, the reception desk agent at check-out seemed genuinely sorry about those issues, which was appreciated.

For the right price, it's an adequate hotel, but I certainly wouldn't dream of paying full rate for it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to post a review.

It was very disappointing to learn that you did not experience a good welcome to the hotel and please accept our sincere apologies for this as we always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodation.

Thank you for your comments with regards to your bedroom, please be assured that these will be taken forward with the Housekeeping and Maintenance Team.

Whenever you next have the occasion to visit the Heathrow area, please could I ask you to contact me.

Thank you for your feedback it is much appreciated.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Dronfield, Derbyshire
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hotel is well appointed and the room very good. I was surprised there was no brochure in the room describing the hotel's amenities, meal times etc. The included breakfast was a complete shambles; the hotel was overwhelmed by about two coach loads of visitors. The service was poor to non-existent and the food and drinks kept running out; definitely well below four star.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review.

I was very sorry to learn of your breakfast experience, this is certainly not the service we wish to provide and our Food & Beverage Manager is taking this forward, please accept our sincere apologies.

All our hotel information is located on the television as I am very sorry that you were not advised of this.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies, I have noted my email address below and would really appreciate it if you would contact me at your convenience.

Email: fiona.mackenzie-andrew@ihg.com
Miami Fl
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is clean and the room are spacious breakfast was included on my rate and it is very good. Internet is not free and expensive (25Bps for two days). There is a nice pub (Pough) right outside the hotel tasty food and good atmosphere fairly priced. If you want to go to London get ready for a long 1 and a half hour trip on bus and underground combination it could be expensive. To get to the hotel you need to get a taxi (13 Bps) or an airport bus that stops on every hotel on the way (7Bps round trip fare). Recommended only if doing business by the Heathow area or when cashing a very early flight, since there are way better connections right into the airport from central London

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review.
We are so pleased you found your bedroom to be spacious and clean and the breakfast team are delighted you enjoyed your breakfast.
Thank you once again for your review.

Runcorn
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in October for one night. The room was on the first floor and extreemly large with two doube beds; very comfortable and spacious. I ordered room service, it was quick and a very good standard.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful and on the whole i enjoyed my stay.

I did not have breakfast so cannot comment on this occassion, i will stay here again and next time use more of the facilities and try breakfast.

Overall a good hotel, clean spacious and comfortable - I could not ask for more

Room Tip: Opt for a room on the 1st or second floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed here for just one night (thankfully) prior to flying out of LHR. We were allocated a smoking room and it felt like we were sleeping in an ashtray, absolutely disgusting. As we were only there for a few short hours, we put up with it but we should have been asked at check-in if we wanted to be subjected to second-hand smoke, the entire corridor smelt like a nightclub from the 1980s.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tiglet12
Thank you for your review.

I was very sorry to learn that you were allocated a smoking bedroom and please accept my sincere apologies for this.

I would really appreciate it if you could contact me so I may apologise personally and to see how this error occurred. I am very sorry that you did not advise us as we certainly would have done our utmost to have moved you to another bedroom.

Once again, pleas accept my sincere apologies and I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Email: Fiona.mackenzie-andrew@ihg.com
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I booked this as a 'mystery hotel' for £47 which was a considerable amount cheaper than elsewhere on the web. I regularly need to use London airports so I shop around. The hotel is fine - everything you would expect from one rated 4 stars. The staff were friendly, the room was large, clean, quiet and well equipped with a comfortable bed. Check-in and out was easy and quick. I use the free bus service at Heathrow when I can as the Hopper is a rip-off. For this hotel you need two buses from the airport bus station - one to get to the traffic lights on Bath Road just two stops away and then one to get up Sipson Road. The buses on both routes are every few minutes. It is worth checking on the web for the free Heathrow bus routes. The Plough pub is just next to the Holiday Inn if you need food and a beer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank OzCalstock
British Columbia
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The staff at this hotel were very nice, the room was large with big screen flat TV, nice bathroom.

I would stay here again, good for terminal 5 and terminal 3.

2 restaurants to choose from, I had the buffet, which was good lots of food choices.
I stayed one night, has I had a long flight home next morning.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Novotel London Heathrow
#5 of 12 in West Drayton
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4? Share your experiences!