We recently spent two nights at the Holiday Inn, Junction 4, Heathrow. The sole purpose of our staying at this particular hotel before flying out of Heathrow was its proximity to The Plough, a quaint old English pub which serves outstanding food! From the Holiday Inn one can easily walk to The Plough in 2 minutes -- very convenient when it's raining.
Upon arrival I was told that the room I had booked (and prepaid) was not available, but the desk clerk offered me a "free upgrade" to another room. I can only say that if the room we were allocated was an upgrade, heaven help anyone staying in the original room! Our room was very small, containing one double bed and a rather grubby-looking sofa bed. The adjoining bathroom was old and in desperate need of some refurbishment. The grout along the bath was black, and the shower curtain stained. The bedroom itself contained an old TV which emitted an ear-piercing shriek once it had warmed up; the only way to combat this problem was to give the top of the TV set a hefty slap to stop the noise. Finally, despite assurances that our room was designated as non-smoking, there was no indication, either on the floor listing beside the lifts or on the door of the room itself, that we had a non-smoking room -- and the furnishings and draperies all carried the distinct whiff of stale cigarette smoke.
Internet access in your room at the Holiday Inn costs GBP6 for 60 minutes (which must be used during one session). If you wish to connect using BT Openzone (using your own account) you must either sit in the Lounge where you are expected to buy a drink at an exorbitant price, or sit in the lobby with a howling gale at your back every time the revolving door opens -- which is most of the time.
We did not eat at the Holiday Inn (we had the good sense to have dinner at The Plough -- advance reservations recommended on weekends), but on our second night we met some guests who were also staying at the hotel who told us that they had dined at the Holiday Inn the previous evening and were outraged by the high prices for very indifferent food.
Upon our departure we waited over half an hour to board a Hotel Hoppa shuttle bus to the airport, due to the numerous private tour buses which blocked the entry to the hotel while loading their passengers. Four Hoppa shuttles waited behind this chaos until they were able to approach the hotel.
Nothwithstanding the convenient location of the Holiday Inn to the pub, we will definitely NOT be returning to this hotel again. We will go back to the Novotel on Cherry Lane; it will be worth the 15-minute walk to the Plough, even in the rain!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary and convenient, the Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4 Jct. 4 Hotel is just off the M4 motorway at Junction 4, minutes from Heathrow Airport, Terminal 5 and close to Stockley Business Park and Bedfont Lakes. Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4 Jct. 4 is an ideal base to explore Central London, Legoland Windsor, Wembley and Twickenham. Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4 Jct. 4 offers Park, Stay & Go packages including one night's accommodation and car parking for up to 15 days. All bedrooms are spacious and equipped with air conditioning and high speed internet and wireless access throughout public areas. Our airport hotel is an ideal location for your meetings and conferences at Heathrow. 14 state of the art Academy meeting rooms are self-contained with dedicated and professional support. HSIA and WIFI available with unlimited Starbucks coffee. Workout & unwind in our complimentary Spirit Gym or indulge at one of the best Chinese and Thai restaurants at Heathrow Airport. Try our traditional Irish Pub or our lounge where refreshments are available 24 hours a day. The airport shuttle is £4.50 p/p each way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London-Heathrow m4, Jct 4 Hotel West Drayton
- Holiday Inn West Drayton
- West Drayton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4 West Drayton, Greater London