“Good hotel but poor access to central London”

Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good hotel but poor access to central London”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed for two nights in this hotel. The room was spacious enough to accommodate two adults and two kids. The hotel is clean and well maintained. The Vietnamese restaurant at the hotel offered great selection of food. We drove to the hotel on the first day but got lost as the postcode in the booking confirmation page was wrong. We didn't have our rented car on the 2nd day. We realized the difficult of travelling to city when didn't have the car. You have to use hop off bus to Airport if you need to go to the city and it cost £4.50 each way. Hop off bus is served once in every 20 minutes and it drops off passengers at nearby hotels so journey to city takes really a long time. I would recommend this hotel for a night stay or two and only if you want to fly out to Heathrow. If you intend to take you car there is a parking fee of £12 per night.

Room Tip: I stayed in our of the corner rooms and it was quite spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are pleased that you found our hotel to be clean and well maintained and your room was spacious and quiet. However, I am sorry to learn that you were unable to find the hotel with the post code provided. We do have a Sat Nav post code UB7 0HP and we are sorry that you were not made aware of this. We are also pleased that you were able to enjoy the great selection of food in our Sampans restaurant. Thank you once again for your review.

Julie Smithers
Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Bilston
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice; on both occasions we had early morning flights out from Heathrow the next day. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and we have not had any noise issues. On both occasions we have eaten in the restaurant and enjoyed the food and the wine selection. I would choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: Get there early if you want to get a parking space as it is limited.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review we are pleased that you have chosen to stay with us twice and have been able to enjoy our selection of food and wine on both occasions, I have shared your comments with our team who are delighted and we are pleased that you will choose to stay with us in the future. Please do come back and visit us again soon.

Julie Smithers
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We booked this hotel for a discount rate - £42 - and for this price it was perfectly acceptable. If I had paid much more (especially the ludicrous £362 quoted on reception screens) I would have been disappointed.

On arrival, we were checked-into a smoking room, without being asked if this was ok or warned about it. It was only on having arrived at the room that we discovered this, and so (as we are not smokers) headed downstairs to change the room. Staff were helpful and apologetic, but I think it is appalling that you could be put in a smoking room without wishing to be.

On arrival in the new room, there were two pubic hairs in the bath, which was horrible. The rest of the room was clean. The air conditioning didn't function very well - we were very hot even with the fan on full at lowest temperature.

The room was distinctly average, not bad but very very bland.

Room Tip: Check at reception that you are not in a smoking room before lugging your suitcases upstairs!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, I sincerely apologise that you were allocated a smoking room and had an issue with the bath in the second bed room you were allocated. So that we may investigate your comments further and apologise personally, please can you kindly contact me via my e-mail below at your convenience. Thank you once again for your review.

Kind regards Julie Smithers
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel quite a lot over the past two months, (around 12 nights) the rooms vary so much. If your lucky enough to get an upgrade, or you're willing to pay that bit more then the rooms are great. The standard rooms are nothing special.
Very good 24hour gym and the food at both breakfast and evening meals are very good. Staff are mostly very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. Have breakfast before 7am. it gets very busy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review and thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel over the past two months.

We are so pleased you found our 24 hour gym to be very good and have enjoyed the food.

Please do let me know when you are next coming to stay.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Email: fiona.mackenzie-andrew@ihg.com
East Midlands, UK
Reviewed June 17, 2013

A decent hotel but only for an overnight stop before after flying out of London Heathrow Airport. The hotel itself is OK for a reasonable night’s sleep but its restaurants and bars are rather bland and overpriced. Just outside the main gate and a few yards to the left is a decent little pub with good beer and decent food all at better prices than the hotel.
I stayed overnight before flying with the 14 night car parking package but needing an extra nights parking paid the extra as requested. Unfortunately I had to return a day early for personal reasons on collecting my car from the concierge I was met with the most unhelpful, rude and arrogant concierge I have ever had dealings with, complaining to me that I was early, he didn’t know if my car was on site giving my paperwork over to his assistant then ignoring me to walk away and look out of the window at nothing in particular. Not what I would expect from any concierge, let alone one working for a major chain such as Holiday Inn. If I were not so shocked by his attitude and tired from an overnight flight I would have made a note of his name for a formal complaint so beware!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank HairyO
Thank you for your review.

We sincerely apologise for the issue you expereinced on your early return to the hotel and would like to have the oppoprtunity to apologise personally.

Please could I ask you to kindly contact me via my email at your convenience.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies.

Email: fiona.mackenzie-andrew@ihg.com
Paignton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Quite a large hotel, very busy, staff well trained, food acceptable, some drink prices outrages, perhaps catering for business customers on expenses. Well soundproofed rooms. Bathrooms
should have been better fitted and are dated. An experience not to be repeated.

Room Tip: Pay more and go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and for your constructive comments regarding your bathroom and we will certainly take your comments forward.

We really appreciate you taking the time to mention our team we are so pleased you found them all well trained.

Thank you again.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a good property located very close to Heathrow. The rooms are spacious, the breakfast is very good with a huge spread of a variety of food. The lobby is grand, the restaurant staff is very courteous and the reservations staff are very co-operative as well. Highly recommended if looking for a good hotel close to the airport. The bus service to & from the airport is very convenient too. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tapasyab
Thank you for your delightful review.

We are so pleased to learn that you will definitely stay with us again in the future.

I have forwarded your commetns to our team who I know will be thrilled.

Thank you and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Novotel London Heathrow
#5 of 12 in West Drayton
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4? Share your experiences!