“An absolute disgrace of a place.”

Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

After waiting almost 25 minutes to check-in, I was greeted with my passcard to what would turn out to be the room from hell. Please feel free to look at the photos that I've posted of this apparently budget but 'premium hotel' at Heathrow. As a seasoned traveller, I would encourage those looking for a reasonable start to their break or business flight to stop at the nearby Novatel or crowne plaza.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank richiehayes2000
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear richiehayes2000,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel regarding your stay with us.

I am truly sorry for the poor experience that you have encountered during your visit. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the dissatisfaction and shortcomings in your room and for any negative impressions you may have had.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Rest assured that your comments will be used to reconsider improvements. We hope that you can give us another chance so we can show you what we have done.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Write a ReviewReviews (2,229)

Reviewed January 29, 2013

i will never return given an opportunity. we were thrown here by an airline due to delays. On exception basis the hotel sd accomodate tired guests to call for a repeat stay. this hotel is totaly in sensitive to the travellers as they get the over flow from airlines etc. there is no way to acess net to print out any docs. wifi is not free even for a shortwhile. the food a bit later in the evening was barely palatable. cold n tired looking food so were skimpy salads. very unfriendly staff even at b fast. bathroom had the green ring at the tub water tap. talk of quality! this hotel just want to rack up dollars. The hotel over all is clean n large. For us we will not go back ever.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank malimu
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for posting a review and firstly please accept my sincere apologies for the poor standards you encountered.

I was very sorry to learn that you did not enjoy your meals and our Executive Chef will take this forward.

I will contact you personally to obtain so further feedback via Tripadvisor.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies and I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great hotel for short stop overs.
Check in can be a little slow but is generally OK and service is friendly. Rooms are comfortable, bathrooms are fine. Breakfast has a good range of options and service is quick. I normally order room service rather than eating in the bar in the evenings, food is always good if a little expensive - I would recommend the club sandwich.
Parking can be tricky at times but they usually put a parking attendant on duty who will advise.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lucy S

Thank you very much for posting a review.

I was pleased to learn you have enjoyed staying with us and thank you for your recommendation for our ‘club sandwich’.

We do offer a good selection on our Room Service menu as we can deliver food from our Sampans Oriental Restaurant as well.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was frankly surprised at the size of this spacious four star Holiday Inn Hotel.We had been to other Holiday Inns before but this one was certainly the best of all of them. When you have been flying for over 13 hours an efficient and warm welcome is very much appreciated and this we received from the moment we stepped off from the hotel arranged private transportation. All our luggage was unloaded and taken care of expeditiously. The receptionist was kind and helpful and once in our rooms we were soon enjoying a hot shower and a very cosy bed and rest.

The bar offered a good selection of snacks and meals in a relaxing atmosphere. Buffet breakfast was faultless with a variety of fruits, cereals, hot and cold meats. juices and bread. This was included in our room rate. Dinner was lovely the menu offering a great selection as did the Chef's Specials which we chose from. Well prepared and served. Nice friendly ambiance with all the waiters being professional and helpful.

The service was good, the rooms comfortable and restful. In spite the hotel being so close to the airport the sleeping condition was excellent. We had a two day stay recuperating from jetlag before returning home and normal life style staying as close as we could to the terminal we wished to use.

The service offered by the concierge must be mentioned as they were most helpful at all times. The adequate car to carry three persons and loads of luggage was arranged to meet us and subsequent departure from the Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ana A
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you so much for your detailed review of our hotel and we were pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will certainly pass on your kind comments to our Concierge Team who I know will be delighted.

We do hope that you will choose to stay at our hotel again whenever you next require accommodation in the Heathrow area.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at PLENTY of holiday inn's. Some better than others. This one falls smack bang in the middle. We stayed in a standard room with sofabed but initially they gave us a room without a sofabed so we had to be moved (a bit annoying).

The bathroom was a bit grubby, there were black marks on the grouting and it was a bit reminiscent of staying over in someone's flat rather than a hotel. Would much prefer the boring but better maintained shower rooms of a holiday inn express. Having said that, the rooms were spacious and clean.

No windows which is to be expected with hotels but I couldn't fathom why the AC was not working. I got a bit of a cold on the 2nd night which means I was runnning a fever and I just couldn't sit in the room more than a couple of hours. Had to go sit outside the hotel in the snow for a while to cool off.

The overnight parking as well as the internet cost is totally overpriced which was a bit annoying. Yet in spite of all this, the stay wasn't all bad. The breakfast was decent and the staff were friendly and apologetic.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alma C

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to post a review.

I was very sorry to learn that the bedroom you were firstly allocated was incorrect and please accept my sincere apologies for this.

I will contact you through Tripadvisor so I may obtain further feedback with regards to your bedroom so I may ensure the necessary remedial action is taken.

I do hope that you are feeling better now and look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our team and we are pleased you had a good breakfast experience.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We prebooked a park & stay and checked in at 8pm after a long tiring day flight from BKK.
Because of our Ambassador card we had an upgrade to the "Executive" floor-a decent room with no noise,wooden shutters instead of curtains, really comfy beds and a good nights sleep.
What made our stay so good was the really cheerful and helpful reception and for us a great full buffet breakfast manned by perky mature ladies including a great short order chef.
Our car had been re-parked whilst we were away, convenient for luggage loading at the rear of the hotel.
This is now our first chioce for pre or after flights from T3
Well done to the staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you so much for posting your review, ‘A real welcome and a great breakfast’.

Our reception and breakfast team are delighted to have been mentioned and we are so pleased you had a great stay.

We do hope you will come back and visit us again soon.

Thank you again.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Been staying in this Hotel regularly but never had a direct encounter with staff rather than the front office while checking in and out. This experience I have of late made me realize how they deal with complains when brought forward. I checked out yesterday 11:50 am to catch my flight back to Abu Dhabi, while heading back to the Airport I realize that my phone was missing and immediately called the front office if they can check on my room. They directed my call to housekeeping and they told me to call after 1 hour, this is after explaining to them that my flight is in a couple of hours. Called back twice and they hang the phone on me. This is not sort of response I expect from a Hotel of this sort.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your review and please accept my sincere apologies for the upset and inconvenience caused.

I will certainly take your comments forward with our Executive Housekeeper as this is certainly not acceptable.

I will contact you personally through Tripadvisor so I may obtain further feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4? Share your experiences!