“Quite Nice”

Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed April 2, 2008

Stayed here for one night in Feb 2008, got it thru a Priceline bid of $60. I was a bit concerned about the hotel (both quality and Hoppa Bus service) after reading some nasty reviews here.

Anyway, it was a pleasant surprise. I thought the HI is very nice, much better than I had expected. I feel its quality is more of 3.5-4*. (It was rated a 3* on Priceline)

The H1 Hoppa bus takes you to this hotel. It also makes 2 other stops - Crowne Plaza and Novotel. It costs £4 each way.

Check-in was fast even though I was the last person to get off the Hoppa. No mention of PL, and I was given a king room when I asked for it. Room was nice - similar quality to Hilton or Hyatt in the US. It was clean, no musty smell, no stained carpet.

There are several restaurants on premise offereing various cuisines, though I did not dine there. The staff was courteous.

The next morning I took the Hoppa back to Heathrow T1. The first Hoppa runs at 4:30am, followed by 5:10am and then every 10-15 mins thereafter. It stopped at the other 2 hotels after the HI, and then at another terminal before dropping me off at T1. The whole trip took about 30 minutes. I suppose it can possibly take longer during rush hour when there are more passengers and more traffic on the road.

Anyway, a good deal via PL and a decent hotel.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank y2000k

Reviewed February 17, 2008

I booked this hotel with holidayextras.co.uk for one night with 8 days parking. We stayed on Christmas Day 2007 (we flew to LA Boxing Day at 9 am) and paid about £90 or so.

When we first arrived, we had a bit of a nightmare trying to park the car. Do not be fooled, there are CARS EVERYWHERE. In bays, on double yellows, randomly against the hotel building. Eventually we parked on double yellows but apparently this is the done thing so no harm done. When we returned from LA our car had been moved, it was still onsite but it was decidely 'off-road'; stuck on a bank between 2 trees and no easy way out. We ended up going down a curb (crash bang) and all I can say is, thank god it was my boyfriends old car and not my shiny new one! Because i would have been mightly pee-ed off beyond all belief.

Now, the hotel itself was very nice indeed. I was not expecting much due to the mixed reviews, but I have to say I was impressed, and I have stayed in some great hotels in my time. The lobby was great-looking, and the rooms were very tasteful. OUr room was right near an elevator, and I was a little concerned it would keep me awake all night, but I did not hear another guest the entire night.

Despite having had xmas lunch before we left, we drove from West Cornwall so were a little peckish. No service stations were open so we ate a little snack and had a drink or two at the hotel bar. Be under no illusions, it is expensive for what you are getting, but no astromically so, £4.50 ish for a glass of wine, about £7-8 for nachos.

All in all, it was a very pleasant stay and I would definately stay again next time I fly out of Heathrow... but I will be sure to take the old car with me!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank K30
Reviewed February 1, 2008

We booked this hotel because it was reasonably priced considering that it included upto eight nights free parking. We were flying early the following morning and just needed a bed and parking. However, it proved not to be good value if you consider the standard of the room. The carpet was soaking wet on one side of the bed and as a result the room smelt terrible. The room was in need of modernisation and was generally grubby. There was no shampoo or any similar accessories provided. ( soap was provided) On checkout the member of staff didnt even offer a "did you enjoy your stay" type question. Its a one night stop venue, they may never see you again and there are plenty more punters out there. Avoid at all costs. Can't comment on restaurants or other aspects of the hotel because we didnt use them.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 1, 2008

We stayed here on a parking/hotel deal prior to a long haul flight. This is a very large hotel primarily used by business people. On arrival no standard rooms were available so we were given an upgrade. Check in for us and the car was quick and efficient. The receptionist recommended and offered to arrange a taxi for our early morning transfer. This costs £9 (so for 2 it works out the same as taking the hopper bus). The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. On our return the car was parked ready near to the exit and the hotel made no extra charge as the car had been parked for 16 days (not 14 as in the deal). It was pleasant to have coffee in the bar area before our drive home. The public areas are spacious and clean and overall an excellent hotel for the purpose. We would definately choose it again.

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank soozysue
Reviewed January 14, 2008

My wife & I stayed at this hotel both prior to & following a holiday in Canada. The check in area is very good, as were the bar/restaurants. However, we felt that the rooms were of a very poor standard. The bed had a duvet which was thin, & only just covered the bed itself. There was no duvet cover, & we both felt that the room itself was very shabby. On the second night we stayed, we were kept awake for most of the night by noisy neighbours, we believe a flight crew.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank xpc1479
Reviewed December 20, 2007

We stayed here for one night before flying and left the car for a few days.

The hotel is large and our room was good. This hotel is probably 30+ years old but the room was reasonably modern. Service at the hotel was generally good. It is very easy to get to from the M4.

Unlike some hotels where the parking deal covers parking at a airport car park, here your car is left at the hotel, although it's not clear if it is moved off site while you're away. You do have to leave your keys with the hotel. Our car was in a separate long-term park behind the hotel when we returned.

We arrived late in the evening and the car parking available to park in was very limited, with cars parked in just about every space, road and bits of grass available. Our tip would be to not arrive too late, if you don't want to spend time cruising round trying to find a space. Here the staff were a bit less than helpful.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rover54
Reviewed December 11, 2007

A 3* unexecptional airport hotel. However, one nice feature is their fitness room is open 24 hours. Last year, I stayed at the Marriott Heathrow (early morning flight) and was not able to use their fitness center (opens at 6 am).

I actually was in London for 2 days and booked at Heathrow because of costs. I was looking for an inexpensive room and couldn't find anything decent costing less than $200/night. I booked the Holiday Heathrow via Priceline for about $65/night.

The trade off was saving $ versus transit time to Central London.

Bought 2 one day Travelcards (@ Heathrow Underground station) for 6.70 pounds/day, then took the Hoppa bus for 4.00 Pounds to get to the hotel. I tried checking in early (7 am), but was told 1) No Rooms were available - Check In is at 2 pm, and 2) could check in early but it was an additional 20 pounds.

Traveled to Central London, via bus 222 (pick up is near the front of the hotel). Buses run about every 12 minutes (Saturday & Sunday). The trip from the hotel to the Hounslow West Underground station takes about 15 minutes. The trains run about every 5 minutes and the takes about 35-40 minutes to get to Central London. TOTAL travel time - 1 hour, 15 minutes.

There are no grocery stores nearby the Hotel. There are small grocery stores near the Hounslow West Underground station. Since I had a Travelcard (unlimited trips), I stopped at the Hammersmith Underground station on the way back to the hotel. There is a Tesco supermarket in the Underground mall (buy soft drinks, sandwiches, snacks, fruit, etc.).

Overall, I didn't mind the travel to/from Central London, so this worked out well (i.e. excellent value).

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4? Share your experiences!