“Perfect One Night with Parking”

Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel has improved extensively since we last stayed 5 years ago. The whole ambience is one of class and service. Could not fault a thing! We had one night with parking included for 12 nights whilst we enjoyed a trip to Washington, New York and Boston. It was a perfect start; from check in collecting our car went as smooth as silk. We will most certainly choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Alan H

Thank you so much for your ‘5 star review’ we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

We are continually investing in our hotel and I am so pleased you liked the ambience created by the re-design of the ground floor, reception and main restaurant.

We do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (2,229)

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We booked into the Holiday Inn because of the location of places we wanted to visit. We did wonder if we would be able to sleep with the hotels location near Heathrow and the M4 & M25.
We had a room on the 9th Floor, with views across the airfield, got quite addicted watching planes coming in to land at about 1 a minute.With regard to noise we heard nothing of the planes of motorways, one of the quietest hotels we have stopped in

Room Tip: get rooms on the higher floors so that you can look across the airfield
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Roger051

Thank you for your review, I am so pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our hotel is very quiet and makes for a restful stay, I quite agree about watching the planes even after working at the hotel for many years I still find them fascinating to watch.

We do hope that you will come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel the first night of our holiday before going to Heathrow. Parking the car was easy and the check in. Dinner was very good. The room was clean and OK. We then discovered there was a Chinese restaurant tucked away through the bar, you have to really look. We planned to try it out on our return. We had an early morning call as well as a small/travalling alarm clock, this we bought for the holiday especially, bran new.
They called us as arranged and we caught the hopper bus. Everything so far was very good.
I phoned the hotel to ask them to look for the alarm clock as soon as we reached the airport. I had left it in the bedroom, they said they would put it in the lost property, if found.
Upon our return we had dinner at the Hotel which happened to be a carvery, this was excellent. The Chinese restaurant was closed for lack of custom. I am not surpised as it was hard to find and only a sign saying San Pan. If they had put under neath Chinese Restaurant, people may have paid more notice and gone. So disappionting. San Pan could be something awful.
We made enquiries at the desk for our alarm clock. It was not in the lost property and had not been found. Oh really? ......So beware, take everything with you at all times.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda C

Dear Linda C

Thank you very much for posting a review.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your recent stays at the hotel but was very sorry to learn that this was marred by not being able to locate your alarm clock.

I have sent you a private email through Tripadvisor to ask for further details as I have located an alarm clock in our lost property department which may be your clock. Please accept my sincere apologies that this was not located whilst you were at the hotel.

The hotel handles over 7,500 items of lost property each year and our team log all items and I am sorry that your have experienced this inconvenience.

Thank you very much for your help and once again, please accept my sincere apologies.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

2nd stay at this hotel in the past few months and I have to say that this time the room wasn't quite as good as the first.
They are working on the updating of the bedrooms bit the aroma of wet paint stayed with us all evening.

Bed wasn't the best and air con worked as a noise distraction rather than an effective cooling system.
The mini bar fridge was on but was empty so the annoying click of an overworked fridge needed to be taken care of at 3am!

Breakfast was good and there were plenty of tables available. Good selection and food regularly replenished.

Location is close enough to the M4 and all Heathrow terminals but be very careful if using Sat Nav as that will take you on the M4 past the hotel and then a 6 mile detour back along the Eastbound carriageway.
Parking is £12 per night and there is no shortage of space - even on a Saturday night

Overall not as good as the Hilton, Radisson or other Holiday Inn Heathrow but fine for an overnight stay before an early flight.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear BoratHi5

Thank for taking the time to post a review.

I was sorry to learn that your room had a paint odour and please accept my apologies for this. I have asked my Chief Engineer to look into this and the other points you have mentioned to ensure corrective action is taken.

It was good to hear you enjoyed your breakfast experience and parking was easy.

We really appreciate your review as all feedback both positive and negative assists us in improving our services for our future guests.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn before flying to Cape Town last August. This is a massive property so this is not the place for those looking for personalised service. However, it has a great location very close to the terminal building. Check in was slow but there was a coach arriving at the same time.
The rooms are small but it did not bother me as I was only staying there for one night. I had the curry dish and a pint in the lounge and it was excellent value for money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear Travelzoo 2012

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review of our hotel.

The team were very pleased you had an enjoyable meal in the lounge and found it excellent value for money.

Please accept my apologies that we did not check you in quickly, our team are so aware that first impressions count and really do try their hardest as they want everyone to really enjoy their stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I do hope that we can welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Honestly dont how this can be classed as five star. Dated and smelt horrid. Not even free wifi in the lobby! Didn't stay, rebooked and went to the Hilton at T5, fabulous.

Location not too bad but still an expensive taxi ride. Parking reasonable, and plenty of spaces.

The corridors to the room smelt musty and looked dirty and the furniture in the room was dated and chipped and old looking, the sofa needed washing.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Gginhongkong
Thank you very much for your review and please accept my apologies.
I was sorry to learn you did not stay with us, our hotel has an AA four star rating and I will follow up with the incorrect information you received.
A taxi booked with the hotel to the airport is approximately £12.00 depending on the terminal.
I would really appreciate it if you could contact me so I may obtain further feedback.
Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.
Email: Fiona.mackenzie-andrew@ihg.com

Reviewed September 24, 2012

There's nothing actually *wrong* with this hotel - I'd stay here again, albeit not as my first choice - but there's no way it should be a four-star, and for that reason I have to give it a low mark.

I'd booked online the same day via my airline so as to gain miles - upon arrival I was told that my room hadn't actually been booked as "the reservations team don't work on weekends, obviously". I had a confirmation number on my phone and the receptionist asked to see it - that was fine, so I handed it over. However, she then strode away quickly with my phone and didn't return for ten minutes. I had work and personal emails open on it - had she left it on a desk and it was picked up, I could have lost my job, or at least the integrity of my email accounts. I felt this was pretty unprofessional - she didn't even give me a chance to speak up before disappearing into the office with it. Anyway, after 30 minutes or so sitting in the lobby - I asked for a comped wifi voucher for the wait but was rebuffed; fair enough, no complaints - I got my room on the 4th floor.

The room was pretty sad. The desk was ancient, chipped, and (in its favour) massive. The walls were bare except for screws hanging out and uneven paint. Bathroom very basic and there was not even an ice bucket, much less a fridge. I've stayed in 3-star hotels with better rooms than this. Wifi was, predictably, the wrong side of £15 for 24 hours, but it was fast and allowed two devices, which isn't always the case. Air conditioning rattled when set to the highest fan setting, and didn't seem to be cooling much anyway. That said the bed was very comfortable and the TV actually had a good HD display to go with its screen quality.

Didn't use the restaurant but the lobby bar was comfortable enough, and there was a good Indian restaurant within walking distance of the hotel, as well as a post office/corner shop. There is also a local bus service. The 'Hotel Hoppa' (how I hate that name) shuttle bus costs a usurious £4.50 to T1 or T3.

Fine place to rest your head for a night before you have a plane to catch, but as I was there for a whole evening and some of the morning I would have preferred the 4-star environment that was promised. Like I say, I'd stay here again, most likely, but only on a discount and not with the exception that it would be especially enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Treppenwitz

Dear Treppenwitz

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced upon check in and I have taken your comments forward with our Front Office Manager.

We are constantly investing in our hotel and thank you for your feedback which will be taken forward. I was pleased to learn that you had a comfortable night and found the TV display of a good quality.

Whenever you next have the occasion to visit the Heathrow area please do let me know, thank you once again for posting a review.

Email: Fiona.mackenzie-andrew@ihg.com

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4? Share your experiences!