“Much better than expected”

Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed February 1, 2008

We stayed here on a parking/hotel deal prior to a long haul flight. This is a very large hotel primarily used by business people. On arrival no standard rooms were available so we were given an upgrade. Check in for us and the car was quick and efficient. The receptionist recommended and offered to arrange a taxi for our early morning transfer. This costs £9 (so for 2 it works out the same as taking the hopper bus). The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. On our return the car was parked ready near to the exit and the hotel made no extra charge as the car had been parked for 16 days (not 14 as in the deal). It was pleasant to have coffee in the bar area before our drive home. The public areas are spacious and clean and overall an excellent hotel for the purpose. We would definately choose it again.

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank soozysue

Reviewed January 14, 2008

My wife & I stayed at this hotel both prior to & following a holiday in Canada. The check in area is very good, as were the bar/restaurants. However, we felt that the rooms were of a very poor standard. The bed had a duvet which was thin, & only just covered the bed itself. There was no duvet cover, & we both felt that the room itself was very shabby. On the second night we stayed, we were kept awake for most of the night by noisy neighbours, we believe a flight crew.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank xpc1479
Reviewed December 20, 2007

We stayed here for one night before flying and left the car for a few days.

The hotel is large and our room was good. This hotel is probably 30+ years old but the room was reasonably modern. Service at the hotel was generally good. It is very easy to get to from the M4.

Unlike some hotels where the parking deal covers parking at a airport car park, here your car is left at the hotel, although it's not clear if it is moved off site while you're away. You do have to leave your keys with the hotel. Our car was in a separate long-term park behind the hotel when we returned.

We arrived late in the evening and the car parking available to park in was very limited, with cars parked in just about every space, road and bits of grass available. Our tip would be to not arrive too late, if you don't want to spend time cruising round trying to find a space. Here the staff were a bit less than helpful.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rover54
Reviewed December 11, 2007

A 3* unexecptional airport hotel. However, one nice feature is their fitness room is open 24 hours. Last year, I stayed at the Marriott Heathrow (early morning flight) and was not able to use their fitness center (opens at 6 am).

I actually was in London for 2 days and booked at Heathrow because of costs. I was looking for an inexpensive room and couldn't find anything decent costing less than $200/night. I booked the Holiday Heathrow via Priceline for about $65/night.

The trade off was saving $ versus transit time to Central London.

Bought 2 one day Travelcards (@ Heathrow Underground station) for 6.70 pounds/day, then took the Hoppa bus for 4.00 Pounds to get to the hotel. I tried checking in early (7 am), but was told 1) No Rooms were available - Check In is at 2 pm, and 2) could check in early but it was an additional 20 pounds.

Traveled to Central London, via bus 222 (pick up is near the front of the hotel). Buses run about every 12 minutes (Saturday & Sunday). The trip from the hotel to the Hounslow West Underground station takes about 15 minutes. The trains run about every 5 minutes and the takes about 35-40 minutes to get to Central London. TOTAL travel time - 1 hour, 15 minutes.

There are no grocery stores nearby the Hotel. There are small grocery stores near the Hounslow West Underground station. Since I had a Travelcard (unlimited trips), I stopped at the Hammersmith Underground station on the way back to the hotel. There is a Tesco supermarket in the Underground mall (buy soft drinks, sandwiches, snacks, fruit, etc.).

Overall, I didn't mind the travel to/from Central London, so this worked out well (i.e. excellent value).

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank pbaudit
Reviewed November 23, 2007

Stayed here one night during a business meeting nearby. On arrival my room smelled a bit musty, but I did not think too much of it, I'd had a long day working. Went out for the evening, then pretty much straight to sleep on my return. Following an early start, I noticed that my clothes had picked up the damp smell. On returning home, I unpack to find that this mustiness had pervaded all my clothing. And this was at £160 a night (no breakfast included!), which was a special cheaper rate! An absolute disgrace.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank pjgEdinburgh
Reviewed November 19, 2007

We arrived to Heathrow to find out that in order to get the the hotel you have to take a 4 pound/person shuttle. When we finally made it to the hotel, the front desk failed to have a room ready for us and wanted to give us a twin bed or a smoking room. We decided to wait instead. The hotel itself was quite grandios with lots of restaurants inside it. The room was the typical size for hotel rooms and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was also quite nice. The food available at the restaurants was good and they were open late due to the constant flow of people through the lobby. Overall, the hotel had no serious flaws other than the staff did not seem well organized and the
restaurants were very slow.

• Stayed: November 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank anon62
Reviewed November 2, 2007

From the reviews I read before I booked this hotel a few months ago, I was not expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised. It was clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. My room was quite nice. After flying in from Rome and leaving for the US the next morning, they made my short stay a good one. The price was right and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4? Share your experiences!