“Great hotel perfect location”

Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Great hotel perfect location”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

As the name says just off the M4 junction , great location for the airport as the bus takes you straight there in about 10 mins. Room was modern , clean and spacious. Staff very friendly . We ate in Sampans which is the Chinese restaurant and food was excellent. Breakfast in the morning was a wide variety and very good.

Room Tip: Think all rooms are similar and modern
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Dear happytraveller77_7

We really appreciate the time you have taken to post your comments on Tripadvisor.
Our team here at the Holiday Inn London Heathrow M4 Jct 4 are delighted you had a great stay with us.

We hope you will be back to stay with us again soon.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times and l usually don't complain, but this time I was given a really shabby room. Maybe it was busy but I was not given the recognition I expected having stayed many times. However usually the rooms are comfortable. The Tv's are old and the service is hit and miss.sometimes the room has a bar sometimes it doesn't but again the beds are comfortable. The breakfast was good the Bar was good. I watched a champions league match and the atmosphere was friendly. The corridors could do with a spruce up.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear parryk
I am very pleased to have received your feedback and was pleased to learn that your enjoyed your breakfast and visit to our Callaghan’s Bar.
I am very sorry that we let you down in other areas and that we were not to the standard expected.
I have sent a message through the message line so that I can make contact personally.
Please accept my sincere apologies.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We booked to leave our car for 2 weeks then stay for one night on our return, this was booked with Holiday Extras. Quite hard to get to though the hotel can been seen from the M4 motorway. Booked the car in but staff were a bit vage as how to fill in the forms but just hoped for the best. The Hopper bus was 30 mins late and took nearly 45 mins to get to Terminal 4. Make sure you leave PLENTY of time to get to the airport. On our return the Hopper bus took 45 mins to get to the hotel we even passed within a few yards of the reception at one point, but just sailed passed and had to wait another 10 mins of travelling to get back to the hotel. Hotel Hopper bus system is rubbish. We needed to get something out of the car on our return but staff weren't sure where our car even was, they moved it from the original parking spot, so my husband had to go out and scour the car parks. Given a room on the 8th floor. No traffic noise from outside, one plus point. Linen was clean as were the towels. Furnishings were old and tatty. In desperate need of a re-vamp. Bathroom not much better. Lots of hot water though. Hairdryer was held together with tape in 2 places and looked like it had been around since the 70's. Strange positioning of mirror behind TV and not above dressing table!! Bed was very soft and we found we were rolling together in the night. I can't imagine what vistors to this country must think when they arrive if they have booked this hotel, not a good first impression. The only saving grace was we got a good deal (maybe that's why we were given such a grotty room) and it was easy to get back onto the M25, thank goodnes it was only one night. Would we use it again? Only as a last resort.

2 Thank kdhFrance
Dear kdhFrance
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I will pass on your comments to the Hoppa Bus company with regards to the poor service you received.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the upset and inconvenience you experienced.

I would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and if it is not too much trouble please could I ask you to contact me on the email address below.

Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I have been using this hotel on and off since it was a Post house (THF). It is always one of the better choices for me in the area if for no other reason that it has a number of choices for food and drink including a traditional pub where live football games are screened on high quality screens. The main drawback has tended to be just how busy it can be but on this occasion the reception was able to attend to me almost immediatly.
Check in was quick, friendly and efficient although the room I was allocated did not exist according to the signs. My guess is that this error has been there since this group took over the bulding and no one can be bothered to put it right. Hardly a seious problem though.
After a quick freshen up I made my way to the Irish themed pub to enjoy a few pints which, considering the area, were reasonably priced. I was thinking what to eat and whilst the pub menu was tempting the meals I saw being delivered were for those with a hearty appetite which I did not have that evening. I retired to the lounge bar and ordered a roast beef sandwich which was excellent.
Breakfast is a supplemented help yourself buffet, ie you can ask for certain special items to be prepared for you. The dining area was rather busy but I was attended to immediately and the food was good and tasty. The drawback at breakfast is that when dining alone there is a good chance that your plate etc will be cleared from your table should you leave it for any reason. A little frustrating but that is all. With the holiday inn group it is important to note to buy your breakfast voucher in advance (ie at check in) not to just turn up for breakfast as the savings are significant.
All in all for an overnight stay following 20 hours of air travel, top marks.

Room Tip: Rooms 100,200,etc do exist even if the sign doesn't indicate it. Not a room tip but don't fo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear alant1955

We really appreciate you posting such a detailed review of our hotel.

Our reception team are very pleased you had a great check in experience.

Vinay, Executive Chef is delighted that you enjoyed our new breakfast menu and on your next visit please do try our new Best of British menu in our Callaghan’s bar.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to you welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed here for one night as we had an early flight from Heathrow Terminal 1 the following morning. The hotel reception area is large and open plan and there are usually always a minimum of three staff looking after the hotel service desk. There is also a concierge desk where they will store luggage for you whist your are away, or carry your bags to your room or car.I also found all the staff very willing to help and very professional in their attitude towards the customers. There is a downstairs restaurant where you can get a la carte service and a carvery should you wish to do self service. The bar area is quite large, and you can get drinks and good priced meals here if you want to eat informally. The service in the bar area is also excellent. Our room was a good size as was our bathroom, and it was very clean and orderly. We could see the motorway from our room but could not hear any noises whatsoever, and the regular shuttle buses, to the airport, from outside the front door were excellent. The cost being £8 each for return tickets. I could not think of a better place to stay, and when I returned from my trip my car was waiting outside and the concierge carried my luggage to it.....What a great service!

Room Tip: They all seem to be well insulated against traffic noise.
1 Thank geronimo1049
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear Geronimo1049

Thank you so much for posting your superb detailed review of our hotel.

All the team at the Holiday Inn London Heathrow M4 Jct 4 are really delighted you enjoyed every aspect of your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Renovated, friendly enough staff. £5 hr. Internet insane seeing that Holiday Inn N. America is a pioneer in free wifi in hotels. Clean, worth picking up on Hotwire or Priceline cheap. Not good if you need Internet or variety in restaurants, nothing in area really and hotel lounge expensive. Great for getting to Terminal 1, 10 mins in shuttle.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear irlundee

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate you taking the time to post a review.

I do hope my team advised of our dining options at the hotel including our Sampans Oriental Restaurant, Rotisserie Restaurant, Callaghan’s Irish Bar, Lobby bar and Room Service where a wide variety of meals are served ranging from light snacks.

On your next visit to Heathrow we do hope we can welcome you back to our hotel.

UK
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Like most people I imagine this would be a one night stopover before a flight...

The location is good for the airport T1-3. T5 has its own hotel I think. T4 is a pain to get to and the bus takes up 30mins (it was not particularly busy it just takes this long).

The amenities are average as you would expect from a Holiday Inn. In general the hotel had a little bit of a used feel and certainly the room I had could benefit from a refurb. Things like the door catching on the vent in the ceiling is something that cleaners must notice and would take 2 seconds to fix.

The reason this hotel has scored below average is the helpfulness of the staff. Arriving at 12.30am exhausted I made a conscious effort to be smiley and polite when checking in. This was not reciprocated with one of the two staff members asking if I wanted to check in, and when I said yes, asking me to wait for the other staff member and returned to stapling something. Check in when I got to the 2nd receptionist was relatively painless, but a request for bus times was responded with an unintelligible grunt, a scribble on a bit of paper and a journey duration of 15min max (this is factually incorrect). The overall check-in experience was possibly the gloomiest I have experienced. I understand night shifts are hard, so I have kept this as average but I was sorely tempted to go for a 2 star rating.

Overal it is a hotel that the facilities are average but as you will see from my previous reviews, I have stayed in average hotels that were made exemplary by the staff that worked there. This was not one of them.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Paulo82UK

Thank you for your review.

Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies.

I was very disappointed to learn of your check in experience and your comments will be taken forward with the team members concerned.

Please could I ask if you would kindly at your convenience contact me with the date of your reservation.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Novotel London Heathrow
#5 of 12 in West Drayton
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4? Share your experiences!