“Comfortable, but...”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
San Rafael, California
“Comfortable, but...”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This place is like a small city - plenty of food choices and great people watching. The room was comfortable, and equipped with shuttered windows for dark & quiet sleep. The problems: Internet access ridiculous at £16 daily. No ink in the printer provided for guests, and hapless response from staff - "The new ones are locked in the office."

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Stayed in this hotel as part of a 2 day Legoland package and was not expecting anything amazing as it was so cheap, but we found this to be a lovely and extremely clean hotel with lovely soft beds. could not fault anything, breakfast was fantastic and the staff were very polite and helpful, they couldn't do enough for you. the only disappointment we had was the evening meal as the meat was inedible but apart from that everything was great and we would definitely return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
leeds
Reviewed September 20, 2011

When I think of 4 Star hotels I like to think that they go that little extra and put in some nice touches. When we got to the hotel we asked if we could upgrade to an executive room which we got so this was nice of them. The front of desk staff were pleasant enough. The room had a nice flat screen tv and was fairly spacious for 2 adults. I think the only thing that let this room down was the bathroom. I think that all 4 star bathrooms should come with glass screens an not shower curtains as it is just cleaner and more hygiene friendly. The silicone had also started to go mouldy too so could have done with replacing but nothing major. We also got a good rate on the hotel through hotwire and we heard no noise from neighbours or aeroplanes so got a good night sleep. On check out we realised that we had left our iron and put in a call to the hotel. When the hotel came back to us they said that they couldnt find the iron so i suspect that it was taken by housekeeping. They have offered to pay for a replacement iron which we are now awaiting payment. Apart from the situation with the iron i think that I would book this hotel again providing I got a good rate.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to an executive room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Halifax, West Yorkshire, ENGLAND
Reviewed September 16, 2011

The main thing I want from a stop over hotel is a clean room and comfy night's sleep. Check in was simple and efficient. The room was very quiet, which is a must. We had booked a bedroom to accommodate myself, wife and son. The room had a double bed and the sofa bed was already made. There was a good flat screen TV with plenty of channels. Tea/coffee facility in room was rather poor. It looked set up for 1 guest as there was only 1 of each choice (1 sachet of decaf, 1 sachet of regular etc) and more importantly 1 cup. We called reception for another 2 cups and after waiting over half an hour called them again. They said that they had been but there was a "do not disturb" sign on the door. Our fault, I didn't realise my wife had put it on. It was still a long time before somebody came to bring more bedding???? I explained again that all we wanted (almost an hour ago) was 2 more cups. At this point we just wanted to get to sleep, but the cups eventually arrived. Unfortunately we all fancied tea, but there wasn't enough.
I don't know about facilities or if wifi costs, but I would happily stay again. I haven't deducted a mark for the cup incident, I just couldn't give it 5 as it is further than most hotels (maybe an advantage for aircraft noise) and there just wasn't anything that made me think "wow" I love this hotel.

Room Tip: Buy your hotel hopper bus ticket from machine in the foyer, it's slightly cheaper than bus drive...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Ontario
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here for a stopover through Heathrow, and I must say, we were pleasantly surprised. We had booked a breakfast included rate @57 pounds, King bed, non-smoking - couldn't be beat at that price for location. The hotel is only a short 10 minute cab ride at a cost of 13 pounds. The other option was to line up to board the Hoppa Bus which travels between all 5 terminals for 4 pounds per person, no interest in that after an 8 hour flight. The lobby is clean and modern, with a 24 hour lounge and bar menu, an oriental restaurant, and the main Buffett restaurant. We had breakfast at the Buffett, and it was very good, with a lot of wait staff on, so I never had to ask for my plate to be taken away or for another cup of coffee. Lots of choices of hot and cold foods, something for everyone. The room was clean and in good shape, no broken or damaged furniture could be seen. Very comfortable bed, flat screen tv, tea service, and mini bar. The room was very quite, and you wouldn't have known you were so close to the airport. An overall enjoyable stay, price and location A1.

Room Tip: Book directly on the holiday inn website - tons of deals/options
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hobie_17
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Check in was a little slow but they had a big group of young South American girls just arrive. It was nice to see that all counter staff chipped in and worked the line. Internet pricing is disgustingly high and should be illegal to charge these sort of rates for a captive audience. I did choose not to use it as my International Data plan provided a cheaper alternative. Ate in the Asian self service restaurant and the curry was outstanding. Service was fine too.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 11, 2011

The lobby was covered in white plastic, the decorations were grim, and the hallway smelled of stale cigarettes and industrial cleaners. Sadly, those were the best parts of this hotel. The room, and surrounding areas, were worn from what appeared to be a decent amount of abuse, and despite the small size of the room, it contained an amazing amount of flora and fauna. Really a rather diverse biosphere.

The vents had a lovely white fungus, the shower contained both dark-brown and reddish-orange molds, and the door hinges contained a dark-black fuzzy growth. And then there was the fridge which contained several splotches I couldn't identify, and a different form of black mold. A veritable cornucopia of color and life. And, yet, there was still the fauna.

While not near as diverse as the flora, the room did contain both live and dead silverfish. Amazingly, all of the above was present after I complained to the hotel and they said they would provide the room with a deep cleaning. I can't say I know the exact definition of 'deep cleaning', but I'm sure that our room didn't qualify.

And the transportation to and from the hotel was certainly anything but convenient.

Room Tip: Ask to be moved to another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tylerpitchford
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced with your room. I will follow up with the executive housekeeper to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you in the future.

Brenda J.
Novotel London Heathrow
#5 of 12 in West Drayton
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4? Share your experiences!