Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
2,313 results
All reviewsstayed at the holiday innchinese restaurantexecutive roomhoppa busairport hoteldays parkingcar parkinglarge hotelbooked this hotelone night stayclose to the airportan overnight stayan early flightgood nights sleepfamily roomfollowing morningheathrow
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I booked for for 1 night after a long haul trip prior to flying out the following day. Good check-in and a nice room.when I tried to catch up on some much needed sleep, a member of staff was using a vacuum cleaner in the hallway. I thought well ok they need to clean, but after over half an of this noise, I asked him to stop and his reply was " I have a job to do".
I went to the in house chinese restaurant (good food although expensive) and spoke to front desk about the noise. I was told the duty manager would come and see me, That didnt happen. When I checked out the next morning I mentioned this to the receptionist. And this is where they shone!!!! When I returned home there was an apology from the hotel and an offer of an up-grade on my next trip. Hotels sometimes mess up, airlines sometimes mess up, but when they try to sort out complaints and follow up, that is why i return. Well do Holiday Inn heathrow! You are not perfect but so much better than a lot of airport hotels

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Rorywal, Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Despite your good check in and nice room I can quite understand your surprise regarding the hoovering in the corridor. Occasionally things like this do go wrong but with your feedback we can put them right very quickly and prevent them from re-occuring.

I am very glad that you felt we shone with our follow up and will ensure this praise is shared with those involved.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed June 12, 2011

I stayed with my partner for one night after flying from Australia. The Hotel was in easy access to Heathrow as we were flying out the next morning so we choose to stay there. The only good thing about this hotel was its rate, we booked months in advance and got it for $39 pounds. On arrival I saw the rates displayed at reception and they were charging $288 pounds a night rack rate which i found extremely over priced.

I work in hotel management and was a little bit surprised that IHG have let their standards drop. The staff were extremely unhelpful, rude and you could clearly see they were not happy in their job. Check in took 25 minutes which I understand can happen but there was two receptionists standing at another desk (for their airline crews) chatting away with no crew checking in. The phone was constantly ringing at reception and no one was answering it. We eventually checked in and went to the room. The room was a good size and had everything you would require for a short stay. The only thing I could find wrong with the room was the exposed wires for the towel heater, this needs to be fixed.

We had dinner in the restaurant and some drinks in the bar and this was nice. Food was really good.

We were flying out at 0600am the next morning to our destination and I called reception to organise a wake up call. I had to call and this is no lie 8 times before I my call was answered. I found this amazing for a hotel let alone an IHG airport hotel.

The internet is really slow in the lobby as I could not get it working in our room and did not want to call another 8 times before I got through to anyone.

Not a great experience and will not be going back. IHG needs to get their act together in this property.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NiallB78

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay.

I understand that you were suprised to see our advertised rate at the front desk was high and clearly well above the discounted rate you had booked. It is a requirement in the UK to advertise a 'rack rate' but this is not the actual selling price for the hotel (our best price is always on our website).

Thank you for your comments regarding the good food and nice experience in the restaurant and bar and I am glad you found the room a good size and stocked with everything you needed.

I am sorry about the queue at check in and issues with the internet and phones ringing at reception. During your stay we were preparing for the new WIFI system that has was recently installed and this caused some unexpected disturbance. The new system is now up and running throughout the hotel and the guest feedback we have received so far has been great.

Many thanks,

Reviewed May 31, 2011

Check-in was polite and efficient rather than welcoming and friendly, but no complaints.
Room and bathroom were spotless and well-stocked. Housekeeping clearly very good.
Large screen TV with fair choice of channels. Good sound-proofing and black-out curtains. View of M4 from room. Bed a little soft but OK. Rest of furniture and fittings were rather old and tatty.
Struggled to find a decent evening meal. Restaurant had no menu, just a £19.95 buffet. Even if we wanted 3-courses, the buffet itself was quite poor so we passed. Only other choice was bar meals. We didn't really fancy anything on the menu, but had no choice. Lots of spicy stuff, probably aimed at far-eastern air crew that use the hotel. The rest was mainly junk-food. One of us had a Caesar's Salad - the worst we'd ever seen. Limp, brown-edged lettuce and dried-out chicken pieces. The lasagne was also dried-out.
Breakfast buffet had a good choice, if overcooked in parts - the black pudding was the consistency of a biscuit! Unfortunately, the restaurant is too small to cope with the demands of breakfast. We had to wait for a table to become available and the whole experience was noisy and hectic. Coffee was served at the table and I was halfway through eating my cooked breakfast and still none had appeared. I had to get-up and find a waiter to get any coffee. Had the same problem when needing a refill. I guess this saves on the coffee bill for the hotel!
We booked this hotel at the last minute so got a very low rate. The rooms were clearly worth this, but would have been very disappointed if we had paid anything close to the full rate. We will try a different hotel next time, as the food was so bad.
Finally, I do really object to being charged £12 to park overnight whilst staying at the hotel. There is no excuse for this. It is just a way to fleece guests.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Rorywal, Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us.

Whilst you found your room to be to a good standard I am very sorry you had a bad experience with your food.

We offer a wide range of food options to try and cater for all tastes and occasions. From our renowned Sampans Pan Asian restaurant, The Rotisserie Restaurant, Lounge Bar, Callaghans, our Irish pub or our contemporary Thames restaurant (open midweek only), there should always be something appealing on offer.

We have shared your feedback with our team and will both look at the items you have mentioned and ensure we do a much better job of advising guests of the available dining options each day.

Many thanks and best regards,

Reviewed May 22, 2011

The title sorta says it all..... Aside from being right at the airport, there is no other reason to recommend this place. Parking is £10, although you do get in-and-out privileges. The real ripoff is the breakfast. £15 per person for a breakfast bar absolutely identical to the one we had in Maidenhead, which was included in our (cheaper) room rate!! If you have a morning flight, skip breakfast and eat at the airport - it has to be cheaper!!!

To their credit, there's nothing wrong with the room, although the TV was pretty small. The place seems popular with airline crews. There are 4 large elevators, and they're fast.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard320
Rorywal, Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011

Thank you for your feedback.

I appreciate Heathrow can be expensive when the area is full but assure you we are always very well priced in comparison to our competitors. We offer a rate guarantee on our website so it is always best to visit us on our main site and book direct.

Thank you for your comment regarding your room. I am glad to also report that this week we have upgraded all our TV's to state of the art high definition flat screens.

Reviewed May 19, 2011

Having stayed at this hotel previously 3 times (all for business) I was disappointed.....
From the outset the glitzy, modern reception has an upper class feel, however, as you move to the "accommodation" areas everything looks tired, shabby, or poorly refurbished.
I was on the 9th floor, there was a slight odour of fresh paint within the corridors which at first glance is encouraging, however, when I checked into my room was sorely disappointed.

The mirror in the entrance way was badly cracked, to the point of being dangerous..... none of my plug sockets worked, apparently this was due to previous occupants jamming a 2 pin plug into them.... great, but not helpful when you have a shedful of work to complete.

The interconnecting door into another room was not locked on my side, and was certainly not going to try the "other door" into the occupied room next to mine.... although this was resolved very quickly, still left me feeling uneasy and wondering about the security of my belongings.

The drainage in the bathroom was the icing on the cake!! 40 minutes it took for the water to drain from the basin, and a similar scenario for the bath, just as well I opted for the bath option rather than shower as could've been swimming down the corridor if I had over indulged.....

Internet is expensive, and in this climate, really should be free.... although there is an upgrade happening to the multimedia system within the hotel, free wifi is what most travellers crave for and they surely make their money back in other ways!!

Disappointing stay.... and would not be in a hurry to return :o(

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Rorywal, Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2011

Thank you very much for your feedback following you recent stay with us.

It is clear that we let you down in a number of areas in your room and I will follow up to ensure these issues have now all been addressed.

I am sorry that your fourth stay with us was not up to our usual standard and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.