I chose this hotel as it included the price to leave my car for 5 days when I went away to New York. Since I was going away with my fiance I thought it would be nice to upgrade to an executive suite, in all honesty I would advise against it, the room is no bigger than a double in most hotels and for the extra £30 I couldn't honestly tell you what the upgrade was. It certainly wasn't the non existent bathrobes that apparently was supposed to be included.
The hotel looks like a classic 60's design from the outside with the reception area tidy and reasonably up to date, the rooms are clean and tidy if not a bit dated, again the executive element is sadly lacking and I would strongly advise that you pre book to get a reasonable room rate as the room rate advertised should you turn up without a booking was extortionate and certainly not worth it.
The hotel had a restaurant and bar, we had a couple of drinks which were typical airport hotel prices but having overheard some other residents realised we were within walking distance of the village of Sipson which had a couple of pubs that did food and 2 indian restaurants (we ate at the first one you come to in the village it was very nice and the cost of couple of pints & starters and mains for 2 was about £45).
If you use the airport shuttle bus which swings by the hotel you will either need to buy the ticket beforehand (from reception or a machine located in the foyer) or buy on the day with the driver (however they only take cash on the bus, so don't make my mistake and turn up with a cash card), the ticket is about £4.50 per person & takes about 30 mins to get to terminal 4 due to distance and other hotel stops.
As the bus driver would not wait for us to go to reception to buy a ticket we got a taxi which cost £20 as the hotel is a good 15/20 mins from terminal 4, so what with the return added £40 to the stay.
If you decide to leave your car they will ask for the key and have the right to move the car to a long stay car park located about 3 miles away (they will bring it back for when you return!), they didn'y move mine but be mindful if your less than happy for a stranger to drive your car.
Finally positives are a double room price with parking is worthwhile but factor in costs to the airport, the service was good if unexceptional. Downsides lack of information about shuttle service (in fairness I didn't ask but since 99% of people are using for that reason surpised the information wasnt offered!), distance to terminal 4 and the fact that they reserve the right to move your car if required.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary and convenient, the Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4 Jct. 4 Hotel is just off the M4 motorway at Junction 4, minutes from Heathrow Airport, Terminal 5 and close to Stockley Business Park and Bedfont Lakes. Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4 Jct. 4 is an ideal base to explore Central London, Legoland Windsor, Wembley and Twickenham. Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4 Jct. 4 offers Park, Stay & Go packages including one night's accommodation and car parking for up to 15 days. All bedrooms are spacious and equipped with air conditioning and high speed internet and wireless access throughout public areas. Our airport hotel is an ideal location for your meetings and conferences at Heathrow. 14 state of the art Academy meeting rooms are self-contained with dedicated and professional support. HSIA and WIFI available with unlimited Starbucks coffee. Workout & unwind in our complimentary Spirit Gym or indulge at one of the best Chinese and Thai restaurants at Heathrow Airport. Try our traditional Irish Pub or our lounge where refreshments are available 24 hours a day. The airport shuttle is £4.50 p/p each way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London-Heathrow m4, Jct 4 Hotel West Drayton
- Holiday Inn West Drayton
- West Drayton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4 West Drayton, Greater London