“Not bad for a hotel restaurant!”

Sampan's Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 62 Restaurants in West Drayton
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Wales
“Not bad for a hotel restaurant!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Atmosphere is a bit 'corporate' but the staff are lovely, the food is excellent and the prices don't make your eyes water!

Visited August 2013

Toronto, Canada
“AWESOME THAI FOOD ... Its a Must before flight Home!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

First, this is THAI FOOD - NOT CHINESE that others have written.

Now, back to the review.. I search the wrold for THAI food and this is one of my Favorites. My first visit I had the Green Currie with chicken and steamed rice and it was fantastic. On my next visit I ordered the Peanut Chicken Satay as an App and Pad Thai as the main.. WELL, let me tell you... The PEANUT Sauce was FANTASTIC and when I returned for my thrid visit - I had it again. As a matter of fact, it was all I could think about during my drive from Cambridge to the Hotel. I told the waiter then need to add a "Peanut Chicken with Rice" as a main course because it is so good.

Service is great and that hard working Male server (indian/thai) is great - very pleasant and helpful. I will probably eat here each time I stay at the hotel...and try something new each time!

If you LOVE Thai and I have early flight out of Heathrow.. this is where to eat!

(If you like THAI and are in Cambridge, then visit "the Wrestlers Pub" and read my other review)

• Visited July 2013
Lacombe, Canada
“Great Chinese, but pricy”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We chose this restaurant because it was quiet and the Holiday Inn was full of German football supporters as it was the weekend of the European Championship final at Wembley. It not only provided a pleasant oasis away from the crowds, but offered a good selection of Asian (mainly Chinese) food. We chose a set menu and added a half crispy duck. The starters, chicken dumplings, prawn toasts and 'seaweed' were very tasty and the main courses, sweet and sour chicken, beef and black bean and prawn Pad Thai were also very nice, as was the crispy duck. The service from Jude was outstanding. We weren't so keen on the 12.5% gratuity added to the bill as we would have preferred to tip at our own discretion. Also, with a bottle of wine and the gratuity, the bill for two was GBP96, which is very expensive for what we had.

• Visited May 2013
Poulsbo, Washington
“Really Good Chinese Food!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were staying at the Premier Inn across the M4 and having checked in at 6:45pm, were told we could not get a table for 4 until 8:45pm. So we hit up Tripadvisor to see where else we could dine. This was about a 15 minute walk from our hotel. We were quite surprised to see the restaurant nearly empty. The host asked us if we wanted a "English menu" which we took to mean a menu written in English. It was actually a english style food menu (fish and chips, pies, etc) so after realizing our mistake, we asked for the chinese food menu. They had a good kids menu (fish fingers, chicken, pizza, etc) so our kids were happy. My wife and I had some edamame, pad thai, beef lo mein, and fried rice. The food was really really good and the prices were not that high. All in all, I'd almost consider staying at the Holiday Inn just to eat at this restaurant again! For two adult meals and two children meals, the price came to about 45 GBP.

• Visited May 2013
Palm Springs, California
“Pleasant and tasty”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

As a rule I try to avoid hotel restaurants but when you are carless in an isolated hotel like Holiday Inn Heathrow it does limit your options.
Sampans is essentially Asian
I recommend the chicken satay skewers and prawn pad Thai. Both were excellent washed down with a beer.
Recommended