“Great "In the country feel" just outside Heathrow”
Review of The White Horse

The White Horse
Ranked #7 of 62 Restaurants in West Drayton
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The White Horse Traditional English Pub in Heathrow is a stones throw away from all the hotels. The White Horse boasts a wonderful unique venue for hire in Heathrow. The White Horse Pub in Heathrow is one of many in the area but is the only pub in Heathrow that as such extensive history whilst still preserving its natural historical charm. The White Horse pub and restaurant in Heathrow has an extensive menu, which, where possible use organic produce of the highest quality and the dishes are freshly cooked on the premises daily. The White Horse Traditional English Pub near Heathrow keeps a wide selection of Larger, and Real Ales & Fine Wines. The White Horse in Longford now offers B & B near Heathrow. We have Single and Double Deluxe Rooms available. When you book a B & B near Heathrow you will also be eligible for discounts at the White Horse Pub. Details will be available to you in your room. We look forward to hearing from you.
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Nine of us ended up here at short notice on a Sunday night. Easy to get to, local parking, good atmosphere, plenty of outside, but covered, seating space.
Beer was great, Guinness was cold, food was excellent. Friendly staff. Really enjoyed the meal. Highly recommended. For those of you staying in local Heathrow hotels, I believe they can come and pick you up as well.

1  Thank BLP422
There are newer reviews for The White Horse

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

If staying in the Heathrow area they will send a car to pick you up and return you to your hotel.
It is a pretty pub with very good food.
We had a Guiness and fish and chips with smashed peas.
The price was good.
The owners house next door has a pretty garden, and the house on the other side is even nicer.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

So, we stayed at the Thistle Hotel and had to use this pub for food and drink. All I can say is that I'm glad its not my local! Its not the staff, they are fine, friendly enough. The food is fine, good quality, though my steak was a bit fatty, and the beer was fine. But that's all it was. 'Fine.' The prices are shocking. Nearly £13 for 3 beers! REALLY? This is why they have you trapped, and they know it. Apart from McDonalds up the road. £19 for a mediocre steak was also pretty extortionate. So would I go here again? Erm, probably not if I could help it. I am led to believe the tourists looking to experience the 'real' England think that this pub is it. Sorry guys, its not.

3  Thank Damon K
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Having read about it online, we finally got around to visiting the White Horse on our latest overnight stay at Heathrow. We walked from the Sofitel which was a bit tricky, dodging the traffic, but it was a lovely warm afternoon so quite enjoyable. Unfortunately the pub was a bit of a disappointment. Not particularly welcoming - dark and a bit 'sticky', tables and chairs in need of a good clean. The menu was identical to what we'd seen online, but with £1 added to all prices. From the couple of meals we saw brought out, we weren't tempted to eat. The drinks prices were high, even by London standards.

1  Thank tigger137
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Unfortunately my visit was spoiled when paying the final bill. I clicked cancel on the payment machine because I decided to pay cash, which resulted in offensive abuse from the waiter. I suspect he was inebriated or had some other personal problem. I found I only had dollars so needed to go through the payment procedure again. He accused me of trying to rip him off. The most offensive service experience I have ever had, and I am very well travelled.