“Not the best”

Description: Near the Sheraton Heathrow Hotel
Bobbington, United Kingdom
“Not the best”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

When visiting London for an overnight stay the Hong Kong restaurant sounded like a better idea than it was. We were greeted by waitresses nicely however it wasn't until we tried to order our food when we realised only one staff member could speak English. As the meals are worded differently to what we were used to we needed the help of the staff to explain what hard and soft noodles were. This was very difficult for them. On the plus side the sauce on my meal was fantastic yet if there was more explanation to what 'hard' noodles are I would have enjoyed my meal a lot more.
The food prices were about average. However I ordered a jug of TAP WATER which cost £3.60 between 2 people, we all thought that this price was OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

• Visited April 2013

Fareham, United Kingdom
“Great Chinese”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

You would not expect this restaurant to be as good as it is based a short distance from Heathrow airport. I am always impressed by the number of Chinese people who eat here so it must be good. We had a meal for 6, as as we were lazy ate the menu for 6. We had to adapt the choise as a colleague does not eat nuts and the service was excellent as there was one dish we overlooked and he came and spoke to us. There was so much food we could not eat it all. The food is tasty and hot. Service is fast and attentive but we did not feel rushed.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank GlamNik7
“Ignorant waiter, bad service.”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Went to this restaurant on Saturday night, it was not busy at all but had a horrible service. Most of the waiting staff don't speak English. But we were given a waiter who does speak English.
We asked the waiter if the Chicken was halal so he knows we are Muslims, ordered sea food Ho Fun, asked what sea food is there. His reply was Prawn and squid. When the ho fun came, after having few strands of noodles, realised there was something that looks like deep fried carrot, when asked what it was the reply was to my horror pork sausage. Our faith prohibits us from eaven touching pigs let alone having noodles cooked with pork sausage. That's outrageous. Also it's very pricy, ordered a fresh lobster for £28, the head was missing and they charged me an extra £2 for black bean sauce.

• Visited May 2013
Chicago, IL
“Authentic and tasty Chinese”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have eaten here four or five times and never come away disappointed.
The dumplings are excellent, and I have had the Singapore noodles and crispy pork entrees. Just the right amount of spice.
It is a little pricy, but the food is very authentic. I always believe that if you see large numbers of an ethnic population in a restaurant that serves their food, you went to the right place. Lots of Chinese people here all the time speak to the authencity and quality of the establishment.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank RICJ72
London, United Kingdom
“Best authentic dim sum”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I lived in hong kong for many years. My wife is Chinese. I have eaten here more than 10 times. You will see about 80 per cent of the clientele is Chinese. The best part is the dim sum, yum cha. The food is authentic Hong Kong Chinese. If you like Anglophile Chinese then you may not like it. If you enjoy real Chinese food and know what real Chinese food tastes like its great. It's the best dim sum outside Hong Kong I have had-anywhere. Venue and service are okay. As most of the customers are Chinese they seem happy with the food and most are regulars.

• Visited April 2013