“Best Accommodation Nr Heathrow Airport!”

Oakwood Bed and Breakfast Heathrow
Ranked #2 of 4 West Drayton B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Great accommodation for budget traveller. The rooms are cleaned to such a very high standard and furnished with all essentials needs for an over night stay. The staff are very friendly and happy to help. On site parking is there if needed. Very close to London Heathrow Airport.

Totally recommend!

Enjoy the warm and friendly welcome at this local B&B

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Cu57om

Reviewed February 12, 2014

The two nights staying here were very nice. The room was very clean and I had a good sleep when I was there. The breakfast was also delicious and I could have several choices according to my preferences.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank YAN L
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I needed somewhere to stay in the Heathrow area for one night, and this was one of the only places I could find at a price less than £100 per night in the area, so if its value/economy you are looking for, then this may be the place for you. I booked in advance online. Sadly, I did not have a positive experience on this occasion. Nobody answered the doorbell so I rang the number on the sign by the door, again no answer on mobile. I rang the landline, no answer. By this stage I was getting worried as it was getting late and I would not easily find somewhere else to stay. I continued ringing and ringing the bell and finally someone came to the door. I have to say that the young man was friendly and helpful throughout the next series of interactions - probably the only consolation to an otherwise very low experience. He showed me to my room down a dingy corridor, and when I saw the tiny room, my heart sank even further - he turned the light switch on and nothing happened. He finally managed to turn the light on after fiddling with a few switches, then had to go and get a new bulb for the shower room as it was blown. The room was very very basic and not at all welcoming - I cannot say it was dirty but it was hard to tell as everything was so old and battered. The B&B website says it is dated - to me it is way past dated. I have stayed in places that are dated and they can still be very welcoming and nice. This was old and worn and quite horrible to be truthful. I told the man that i wasn't going to stay - and he recommended I look at the £10 more expensive room that was available which I did. It was lots better so I decided to stay, in main because when you book on the website they take all your card details to confirm the booking so I was concerned that I might have been charged anyway even if I had left due to the state of room 11. And also, I was not sure I would find anywhere else to stay. The new room, although better, was still disappointing - the towels were all frayed around the edges, and there were bits of something on the bathroom floor. The last straw was when I made myself a drink and bits of white floated to the surface - i checked and found the milk was 3 months out of date. I did sleep reasonably well - there is no aeroplane noise. And breakfast was good, although the lady serving me was not very friendly - not sure she smiled once. Finally, the office and staff areas were in a state of disarray - stuff everywhere, a real mess. Should keep the doors closed at least!

Room Tip: £10 extra for considerably better rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank auki
HeathrowOakwood, Owner at Oakwood Bed and Breakfast Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear auki, we were sorry to hear of your experience, and we have re-dressed the issue with you personally as soon as we had the chance to be made aware. On this occasion it happened that we were all out at a family event in London, and there is normally one of us there to greet you during reception hours and answer calls. We do not accept the first room seen is tiny, the tourist board guidelines are 5.6 sq m for a single room – ours is 7.8 sq m plus an En-Suite shower room of approx 2 sq m, and in London hotels space is always at a premium, and get much smaller than this room. It isn’t representative to describe the room as above, there are photos up on our online booking engine and we are upfront and clear in our descriptions of the room on the site – and these rooms do the job well for hundreds of happy, value-conscious customers - the price includes free Wi-Fi, parking and a quality full English Breakfast with locally sourced eggs and dry-cured bacon and sausages from a local prize-winning butcher. Whilst we happened to be out at the time, this review makes no mention of the fact that our man on site at the time actually took the trouble to walk you to one of the nearby local restaurants, there and back, and then offered the facilities of our kitchen and dining room to eat the food in, providing self-catering facilities for an evening meal.
Regarding the room light that didn't come on in the first room that was seen, this was simply due to a switch needing to be turned on at the socket for this room, and it was just a coincidence that the shower light bulb had gone when you arrived – light bulbs do go at some point and we can’t control when they do. We do not charge your card in advance of arrival: we state on the website that it's only Advance Purchase rooms that have the amount charged on the day of booking. We apologise for the towels that have since been replaced. We feel the vast majority of our customers appreciate the value for money we offer, with all the amenities included in the room price, and the location we provide very near Heathrow Airport, trains to London and good value restaurants nearby.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed here with the 5 of us, they do two rooms joined, but my husband is disabled so booked the disabled room and a twin with an extra bed. The disabled room had a great bathroom - exactly what he needed. The rooms are not massive, but big enough for your luggage and comfortable - the kids were happy lounging around and playing games in them. They were clean, and the beds comfortable and showers hot and strong. The breakfasts were delicious and Patricia and her family were lovely and accommodating, helping us whenever they could! Parking was out the pack in a locked area and we found a space easily.

The pub next door is a bit dodgy, but did fantastic Thai food - we ate in one night, and then because it was so good got takeaways the next which we ate at Oakwood. Price is reasonable, and it cost us 11.50 pounds to get to Heathrow for the 5 of us the next day.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Kiwimoz
HeathrowOakwood, Owner at Oakwood Bed and Breakfast Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Hi Kiwimoz
Thanks for your review and for staying with us, it was great to have you and your family. We’re glad the extra bed worked out - which we do charge for. Great you liked the breakfasts and showers, and enjoyed the Thai food next door, and yes our local taxi firm does great value prices to the airport. We hope to have stay with us again next time!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed here on business, selection of place to stay mainly driven by price, but I definitely I feel like I fell on my feet by staying at Oakwood. I had seen the reviews (a bit mixed) so I was prepared for a bit of a disappointment, but I needn't have worried.

I was impressed from the start with Patricia (hostess) and her staff - they were friendly, polite, helpful and (this is not guaranteed everywhere) literate! They helped me with the parking and showed me to my room. I stayed in one of the "budget basic" rooms (described as such on the B&B's website) and found it had been honestly described, but was everything I needed. Yes, the decor is a bit tired, and the room small-ish, but I knew this before arriving. I was happy to find a room that was bright, comfortable, had a working TV, fast free wifi, and had clearly been properly cleaned.

There are plenty of helpful notices around the B&B about the transport links and local places to eat. Close to the B&B is a pub, Chinese, Indian and a couple of corner shops which are open late. I went to the pub next door which was OK (and the Thai food looked excellent) but unfortunately I was forced out by the insanely loud Christmas music being played. In the end I opted for the Wing Luck Chinese a few doors down, which was really not bad at all, and very reasonably priced.

Location of this B&B is ridiculously good for the money. Only 5 minutes drive from the M4 (10 in traffic) and close to Heathrow too, though not on the flight path so it's quiet.

Breakfast was ample and tasted great, with proper coffee and proper sausages/bacon. If you look at my other reviews you'll find one of a London B&B which I stayed in a while ago for about the same money and was completely disappointed; the Oakwood B&B was the opposite in every way. You probably wouldn't stay here on honeymoon, but for the business traveller this place is an absolute gem. I'm sure I will stay here again on future trips and I highly recommend it to you too. A friendly service, parking, wifi, good rooms and a great breakfast, all for much less than you'd spend at a Travelodge. Bargain!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mantovani_Stankovich

Hi Mantovani_Stankovich,

Thank you for your review. We’re glad you found the location near Heathrow useful and enjoyed the free English Breakfast and WiFi included. The Thai food next door is indeed excellent! Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Stayed here with my wife prior to flying from Heathrow(13th Nov 2013). My wife uses a mobility scooter and we booked the disabled room. Very clean and tidy and the bathroom was spot on. Breakfast in the morning was good too. Very nice staff. Plenty of eating places in the local area. Pub next door was a bit run down and didn't do food but the beer was good. Slight negative was parking which was a bit tight, but we managed. Will definately stay here again .

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
HeathrowOakwood, Owner at Oakwood Bed and Breakfast Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Hi Clive,

thanks so much for your review. Since you stayed with us, the pub next door has re-instated their excellent Thai chef who left for a while, so the great quality Thai food is now back on at the pub!
We're glad you enjoyed the breakfast - the local butcher dry cures our bacon and makes prize-winning sausages, literally!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Website one of the few to give good info on access & links to Heathrow by public transport - both of which were easy and excellent. Welcoming and helpful hosts. My small single room was perfectly adequate - clean, comfortable & with tea-making facilities. Quiet despite being on main road. Tandoori a few doors away was very good. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Hi Mariposa026,

thanks for your review. We're so glad you found the public transport to Heathrow useful. We have direct buses to us from the Terminals, and a train into London five minutes' walk away. Great to hear you enjoyed the Palace Tandoori, it's less than a minutes' walk away and does a really great quality Indian meal.
Thanks again.

#18 of 22 in Hounslow
Kings Paget Hotel
Kings Paget Hotel
#1 of 6 in West Drayton

Been to Oakwood Bed and Breakfast Heathrow? Share your experiences!