“Nice for an overnight before catching a flight”

Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Airport hotels are about all the same. This one is a bit better than the average. The car park is under the hotel which is nice if you arrive in a rain storm like we did. We ate at the in house restarunt and although a trifle expensive, we had no complaints about the service, food or atmosphere. Breakfast was included and was a bit better than the usual Full English experience. Beds were comfortable although there was no bedside electrical outlet for me to plug in my cpap machine and I had to run an extension across the room. The bed was comfy and just right.

Next time I'm catching a morning flight, I'll certainly consider this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 17, 2013

This place was okay. At first I went to the wrong Holiday Inn because there are three of them all along bath rd. It happens all the time and they are ready with Taxis to take you to the others for 10 pounds. Check because the address on our reservation was the wrong Inn, as it is the main one, we had to search harder for the right address.

That aside the Inn is nice. The rooms are nice and good beds, plus is that the windows open and surprisingly there is little airport noise. When going to and from the airport catch a local bus cause its a free zone and the hotel hoppers cost 4 or 5 pounds. This hotel is about 7 minutes from airport.

I took two stars away simply because its too expensive and the breakfast was too expensive. at 15 pounds for breakfast i had to eat a lot to make up for it. It is a good variety though. I would rather pay less and stay ten minutes further.

The bar was nice and service was good as well.

Room Tip: both rooms we stayed in were nice-facing airport or not the noise was low. It is kind of cool to fac...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Justis11
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Justis11,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. However, I would like to apologize for any confusion regarding the other Holiday Inns in the area. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. Once again many thanks for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last couple of months and the service has been good and what i would i expect from an airport hotel. Rooms at this type of hotels can become tired very quickly. This is not the case here. The rooms are spacious and modern and are well maintained. There is some residual noise from the airport but you would expect that from this hotel that is the closest to the airport entrance. London Transport buses are free within the Heathrow area and this hotel is close to bus stops to (5 mins) from (1 min) the airport and most local buses pass these stops. Certainly a cheaper option to the expensive airport shuttles.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed at the hotel last year when my parents came over, I was quite happy with the staying, so this year when they come to visit again, I booked another two rooms for them to have a rest before headed back to Leeds.

Comparing to our previous staying, I was very impressed with the service this time around. After we just walked inside the hotel, I heard ‘hello’ – that were the receptionists who were looking at us and said hello with big smiles, it really put me back to a cheerful mood after a long travelling day!

Because I booked the room online at a saver’s rate, I was already charged for the rooms, so I needn’t swipe my credit card for both rooms like I was asked for last time. The receptionist checked the booking, asked me to sign the register forms and then gave us the key cards which only took a few minutes in total!

The long corridor was a little problem when we had a few luggages to carry but was not a big issue. We had room 1210 & 1215 which was a little bit of disappointing as I booked and also rang in advance requesting for two rooms that next to each other for the convenience of my non-English speaking parents. My parents didn’t seem mind much though as they were familiar with the environment from previous stay.

The rooms, as usual, clean and spacious, it has all the facilities for a four star hotel which I needn’t to mention here again. Our windows were facing to the road and airport runway, but I didn’t hear much noise, I had a sound sleep due to tiredness, I guess, but also the comfortable bed.

The breakfast in the morning was again, excellent. The waiters are very pleasant, lead you to the table, explain how the buffet works and then make tea or coffee of your liking. The selection of the foods was as good as before and the waiter/waitress were attentive, they clean your empty plates and ask if you like more tea or coffee, each time, you see a smiling face.

Check out was as fast as the check in, the receptionist checked the system and said have a nice day, it only took a minute!

There may be other better hotels in the area, but I am very happy with HI Heathrow: the service is excellent and the room rate is cheap and great! The location is good (free buses 285, 423 from airport direct to the hotel and then to Hatton Cross tube station); so I will book rooms again in September when my parents leave the UK.

All I want to say to the hotel staff and management is: well done and keep up the good work!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote above review the day after our stay, but didn’t have the time to post on tripadvisor. However, today, I received my credit card bill, I found out I have been charged the rooms twice, once just after the booking and the second charge was after our stay! I have no idea how I was charged again after I was told I had paid the rooms in full when checked in /checked out. I contacted hotel and was told to send the confirmation e-mail to them to verify my booking and the charges.

Last year, I questioned the Holiday Inn’s booking system when I was charged more than the rate I was given at the booking. This year, I kept the email confirmation just in case similar things happen again. There was no problem when I was at the hotel, then, somehow I got charged again through my credit card!

I have to point out, this is not Holiday Inn – Heathrow’s problem, and it’s the problem with the booking system in general. The hotel, I would rate it 4.5, but the booking system really let them down!

I am waiting for someone at the hotel account department to get back to me. I really hope someone at the senior level to review the booking system and prevent this kind problem from recurring.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here overnight with a flight to catch next morning. I thought it was good value for money. Check-in was efficient. Quite a long walk to the room, but the room was ok, everything worked, and it was clean and quiet. Like most people I caught the shuttle bus (from T1) which I find a pain in the neck, but welcome to Heathrow, Europe's worst airport.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
GMSTU, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Peter R

Thank you for these kind comments and rating the hotel highly in terms of service, location, value and service. Your comments will be passed on to the team.

Regards

Greg Stuart

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Easy to get to by using the hopper bus at £4.50 each way per person. Go to the hotel bus island located at stalls 26 and 27. On the sign will be the number of the bus for the holiday inn heathrow. On the return there is an easy free bus called U3 and can be caught on the main street an easy 3 minute walk to. Make sure when you make your booking there are 2 holiday inns located at the airport. There is this one called holiday inn london Heathrow, and one located further away called holiday inn Ariel. A little confusing. The property was well kept and clean. Our room was very quiet even though it was on a busy street. 30 minutes of free wifi is provided which is good for checking any emails you might have. Overall a nice property and easy to get to.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Meisterporsche
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed one night prior to taking a very early flight. The hotel was clean, quiet, efficient and the staff were very helpful.
The food was standard Holiday Inn stuff, but prepered and presented better than is usual,
Overall the prices were, particularly for an airport hotel, very reasonable.

One, almost inevitable issue is that the check in can become VERY congested with waves of people booking in or out at the same time. This is one place to use that express checkout.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dick T

Dear Viscount 57

We thank you for your recent review of our hotel and am pleased to note that you made mention of the express check out. It is comments such as yours either positively or negatively that highlights certain areas for us to focus on to become the best Holiday Inn in the area and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Regards

Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4

Been to Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!