“Great for business stopover”

Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have used this hotel many times, whilst working at Heathrow. It is much the same as many of the other hotels in the vicinity of the airport. It is busy at all times and there is a constant stream of arrivals and departures. With this in mind try and get a room far away from reception for the most peacefull corridors. Both restaurant and bar food are very good and the service is equally good. Very helpful and attentive staff. I have never had a problem parking and indeed have left my car in the underground car park for the following day whilst using the Hoppa Bus to shuttle to and from the airport.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ghare3001
GMSTU, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear ghare 3001

I thank you for taking th time to review our hotel and for your regular support.

Your feedback is important to us as it enables us to strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. Your positive comments will be fed back to staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Your sincerely

There are newer reviews for Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Being a family of 5 we stayed 6 nights in 2 rooms. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable but do need a bit of updating, disappointing in the fact that in one room there was no mini fridge, with 3 children who like their soft drinks we only had the one fridge to keep them in. The trouser presses in both rooms did'nt work and we still had'nt figured out how the air conditioning worked by the time we checked out, instructions would have been helpful as no windows opened which was good in that we heard no traffic noise. We could have reported these things but as we were out and about all day everyday we did'nt bother. The food was good especially the breakfast, a good variety for the children who went free with vouchers bought at the reception the night before for the adults allowing the free child breakfast, the voucher was £11 so with 2 adults breakfast for the 5 of us was £22. All in all a pleasant stay but not cheap costing just under £1000 for the rooms only, and being charged for parking at £12 per night on top of that i think is a bit steep

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We spent one night at this hotel prior to our flight to NZ. Would definitely use this hotel again. It is very close to the terminals and very modern. Our room was large and comfortable and the staff friendly. We ate at the hotel in the evening and chose the buffet, great value, good variety and tasty. The room we had was on the ground floor next to an extremely busy road, no problem with noise with windows shut but very noisy with them open. One tip, if you travel from the underground to the hotel or hotel to terminal, use a taxi, it's only £2 dearer than the shuttle bus but heck of a lot more convenient.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel if you want it quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMSTU, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Ray S

I thank you for your review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

We strive to be the best Holiday Inn in the area and it would appear that we exceeded your expectations on many levels. I am pleased to note that you mentioned the quietness of the bedrooms when the windows were shut as all our rooms are designed with secondary triple glazed windows for added silence, of course unless you open the window- the buiding is alongside the runway. Your comments regarding the food and service will be passed on to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel is good if you get it for a fair price as a stop over before your flight.
The underground parking is limited and cost around £12 per night but I found a place. The room on the ground floor was clean and comfortable but again which I have seen in many hotels with bits of black mould in the seal around the bath. The shower head was very lose so it was better not to touch. I could hear the television next door and noises from next doors toilet in the night. The reception staff were very good and helpful.
One thing to concider is the Airport bus H4 costing £4 each way was on time and going to terminal 1 was a few miniutes, on the way back when you want to just relax waiting 30 mins as i just missed one is a long time in the cold and there are a few hotels to visit before yours. Not a big issues as there maybe no other option.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank lee M

Dear Lee M

I thank you for your recent review of the hotel contents of which have been noted.

I most certainly would like to contact you with respect to the room you stayed in as it would appear that there may be a maintenace issue that we need to address. Again I thank you for your favourable comments about the hotel in general and can assure you that we strive to be the best holiday inn around.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed here on my way back to Australia. I liked the room it was clean and the bed was comfy. It is so close to London Heathrow a big positive. The room service and food in general is WAY over priced. I am vegetarian and found it difficult to find something for myself. I had the nachos with salsa and it was very average. The staff are ok. One receptionist service was very average and she ignored me when I came to reception on check-in and was abrupt on check-out. It was ok.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear Jocelyn85

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I am pleased to see that in general you enyoyed your stay, but that there were elements of service that did not meet with your expecations. We most certainly apologise for this and hope that you return to the hotel in the near future so that we may restore your faith in us.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed for one night at the Holiday Inn on October 27th. The room was very spacious. It was warm and clean. The bed was comfortable. Nice towels and even a heated towel rail. The breakfast was very good, buffet service and there was a good choice of hot food and continental if required. The staff were friendly and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here one night in October when I had a super long layover. Everything about this hotel was fine and like most Holiday Inns...
Only problem, which was a pretty big problem to me, was my NONSMOKING room reeked like cigarettes and the cologne of the man who stayed in the room before me, which made me a little uncomfortable about the cleanliness of the bedroom, since I could still smell the cologne. The smell of cigarettes mixed with cologne was so strong it gave me a headache. I didn't take any clothes out of my suitcase because I didn't want them to smell.
I told the staff the room smelled like cigarettes just to make sure that I wouldn't be charged for the smell (since I do not smoke at all).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4

Been to Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!