“Surprisingly perfect for what I wanted and needed!”

Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Surprisingly perfect for what I wanted and needed!”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

The Inn is in a residential area and seemed kind of small when we pulled up, but everything was really great.I arrived around 3 p.m. for a flight the next morning leaving at 7 a.m. so all I wanted was a comfortable clean room with hot shower and coffee bar for the morning, quiet, and good service - all of which I got! The reception desk was fine - employees were friendly, smiling, efficient/fast, and explained there is a restaurant and bar open til 1 a.m. i think - so you have everything you need right there - food, comfort, and 24 hour taxi service to the airport. My room was surprisingly spacious - I like the set-up - nice big TV, clean comfortable double bed, a nice table to put suitcase on, and convenient kettle and coffee/tea/biscuits. There is no mini-bar but I did not care. I had instant soup and teabags. It seemed really quiet to me, even though it is so close to the airport. I paid in advance a non-refundable discounted rate so I thought the rate was pretty good for the London area. I'm giving it 5 stars because it was everything I wanted, though I cant say it is a luxury hotel. In the morning, the cab driver was at the front desk waiting for me - I know there is a bus you can take to the airport but i wanted my own cab. A great experience which made the end of my trip really easy - will plan to stay here again!

Room Tip: I liked being on the ground floor where I could easily just roll my suitcase from check-in to my roo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
GMSTU, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear April 6

Now that is what we like to hear! I thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor contents of which have been noted.

It is refreshing to read your positive comments regarding the room comfort and amenities and your kind remarks about our staff. Holiday Inn worldwide pride themselves with offering a consistently good service which you clearly came to enjoy.

We look forward to your continued loyalty with our brand of hotels.

Your sincerely

Greg Stuart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 13, 2012

The best thing about landing at Heathrow was the Holiday Inn with its close proximity, quiet rooms, and accomidating staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
GMSTU, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and experience from your recent visit to the hotel. I am delighted that you had a great stay and will share this with the entire team. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Heathrow in the near future.

Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I have stayed in many Premier inns , this Holiday inn was exactly the same but double the price of a premier inn, £120=£130 for room only without breakfast, then £16,50 for breakfast exactly the same as Prem inn but theres is £7.50, glass of wine £7.50, no frills room ,basic though comfortable, staff nice and hotel clean, 2star hotel at 4 star prices.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. Your comments have been noted and we appreciate that you have many choices when selecting various hotel brands when making your accommodation choices and we regret that that we fell short of your service expectations on this occasion. It should be noted however that we are a full service hotel offering 24 hour room service, a gym, porter service and an extensive range of various food type offerings. We hope that your experience will not deter you from using our brand in the near future.

Powell, Tennessee
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I was making my home to the States on business with a last stop in Oxford England. My usual places in Oxford were fully booked and, as I was flying out of Heathrow, decided to stay at the Holiday Inn. It was competitively priced for the area (particularly with the lower weekend rate on Friday evening) and did not disappoint. I arrived at Heathrow late on Thursday evening from Germany - and chose to take a cabbie to the hotel - who was EXTREMELY unhappy to see me, believing that he was missing out on a fare to downtown London. By contrast I was warmly greeted at the hotel - recognized as a Priority Club member I was offered a discounted voucher for breakfast. The room was generously sized, had a small coffee and cakes service and a comfortable bed - but no wireless internet service in the room. In the morning I took the very convenient Hotel Hoppa bus (4 BP if purchased at the lobby machine) to the Central Bus station and took National Express bus to Oxford and back - returning on the Hotel Hoppa. I enjoyed the buffet dinner and a Guiness at the hotel. I took the Hoppa again in the morning to my departure home from Heathrow Terminal One.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and experience from your recent visit to the hotel. I am delighted that you had a great stay and especially enjoyed the buffet dinner on offer. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Heathrow in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Clean, quiet, good food, really all you can want for in an airport hotel. The shuttle bus comes every 30mins to take you to the terminal.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
GMSTU, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and experience from your recent visit to the hotel. I am delighted that you had a great stay and especially enjoyed the proximity to the airport. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Heathrow in the near future.

Regards

Poole, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

We arrived to stay the night before a morning flight. We were greeted at the desk by Jericho, he told us that it was his first day! He was especially helpful in resolving a small issue involving our room being a twin instead of a double and was generally a great first impression - so a really big thank you to him.

Our room was as expected, I travel a lot on business and there was nothing that stood out either way - this is overall a good thing!

• Stayed May 2012
GMSTU, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and experience from your recent visit to the hotel. I am delighted that you had a great stay and will share this with the entire team and especially Jericho. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Heathrow in the near future.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Clean and comfortable accommodation. We have stayed here twice before a flight from Heathrow. There is an airport Hopper bus which stops at the hotel at frequent intervals - tickets, either single or return are available from a machine in the hotel lobby. We booked the hotel, with parking for the duration of our holiday,on line through Holiday Extras which was cheaper than booking direct!

Stayed April 2012

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Park Inn Hotel & Conference Center London Heathrow
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!