“Don't know what other reviewers are talking about”

The Mansion at Noble Lane
Ranked #1 of 2 Bethany B&B and Inns
South Bound Brook
“Don't know what other reviewers are talking about”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Just returned from a 2 day stay at the Mansion at Noble Lane. Expected a wonderful experience based on the previous reviews ( which must have been written by the owner). The Inn itself is beautiful and rooms were clean and comfortable. Service, however, was non existente. We arrived at the appointed check in time of 3PM and sat and waited 45 minutes for someone to show up. The hostess did arrive having been shopping at Super Duper for what we learned was out breakfast (frozen items such as Jimmy Dean sausage, has brown potatoes, etc.) She gave us a tour of the facility (what do you think we were doing for 45 minutes, we've seen it all) and offered refreshments (fruit had been sitting out so long it was dried out, but Pita chips were good.) ,
Oh well. Get to our rooms where we can relax and go for a swim in the wonderful pool. What ? There is no pool , it's under construction! So plan our evening, go to dinner and explore. Hotess explained the front door will be open until 11, so supplied a key so we could return later if necessary. Little did we know that from this point on - we were on our own. Lots of tea bags available, but no cups. No way to get a drink of water or brush your teeth. Somehow suppling items to the rooms such as cups and kleenex were missed and no staff was available to ask for anything.
The Hostess left on Sunday afternoon, but did supply vouchers for breakfast at a local resturant. I would definitely recommend that resturant "The Trackside" food was hot and service was excellent.
If you plan to stay at the Mansion at Noble Lane - ask if there will be staff available, if swimming is a priority determine if the pool is functioning. If you want the spa experience, schedule the massage and yoga class (excellent) but stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: Front rooms get morning sun, be sure to close blinds if you want to sleep late.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Ex-professor
bnbaccomDC, Owner at The Mansion at Noble Lane, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I thank this guest for taking the time to write a review and for her compliment that our property is beautiful, clean and comfortable. I am, however, dismayed that she did not have the service experience she expected because of lack of communication.

This guest’s reservation was made by a local family member who called to say that out-of-town relatives would be coming to town for a funeral and needed accommodations. We hesitated to take the reservation because I am the owner and the innkeeper always on duty, but this was the one weekend I would be away because of a momentous family occasion—my daughter’s college graduation!

We explained at the time of booking that an innkeeper would be present only through Sunday, when all our other weekend guests would be checking out. We made an exception to help a neighbor and said we would give a voucher to a local restaurant for Monday’s breakfast (BTW, we only serve fresh ingredients for breakfast at The Mansion and are proud of how much our guests enjoy their meals.) The relative said the restaurant voucher would be great, since they would be leaving early for the funeral Monday. She also said they wouldn’t be around much because they would be with family during this time of loss. I can’t recall whether we shared that the pool was under construction that weekend, because honestly we were focused on trying to serve a neighbor during a time of need rather than providing a resort amenity.

After this review was posted, I called the reviewer and unfortunately learned that apparently none of the information we shared with her relative who made the reservation was passed on to her. I offered to invite her back so she could fully experience the kind of service that has kept each of our properties at the top of Trip Advisor’s list for more than 18 years, but, much to my regret, she declined.

Monique Greenwood
Owner & CEO (Chief Enjoyment Officer)
The Mansion at Noble Lane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Mansion at Noble Lane was a former Woolworth estate that was in total disrepair.
Monique has transformed the mansion into an incredible B & B with romantic rooms, a full spa and set on magnificent grounds.
During our brief stay there, Monique, the inn keeper, could not do enough for us. The breakfast was gourmet; we arrived late in the day a little hungry and she prepared an afternoon tea service.

This facility is an ideal place of have an event - be it a wedding, meeting, party.
You will not be disappointed by anything!!
michael l. kay, md

Room Tip: Call Monique...if they are not too busy she will upgrade your room, but they are all very nice
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dreye1
Tafton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Run don't walk to make a reservation at this spectacular establishment. If you want personal service, great food and beautiful surroundings, The Mansion is for you. I was greeted by the owner, taken for a tour of the gorgeous house and treated to delicious food. The restoration of the home (once owned by Woolworth family) maintains the architectural integrity of the Gilded Age. Italian tiled floors, original hardwoods, grand staircase, lighting fixtures, color and furnishings offer a guest comfort and serenity. Clearly the owner is in touch with what her guests expect and need to divorce stress and chaos from their lives. I can't wait to bring guests there to sample spa treatments and their tea. Bravo.

Room Tip: Monique, the owner, is so accommodating. Please tell her when you make a reservation what you need...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank LEIGHSCHMIDT
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just spent a wonderful weekend at the Mansion at Noble Lane in Bethany Pennsylvania. Like the other properties, the breakfast was absolutely delicious and the customer service was first class with a smile. The owner Monique was onsite for the weekend which made it extra special. Will definitely visit this location again during the summer months.

Again, thank you the staff at Noble Lane.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank C J
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a weekend getaway to Noble Lane. The service at the mansion is absolutely terrific! Monique, the innkeeper is friendly, gracious and accomodating. The breakfast was delicious and the yoga and pilates sessions with Nikki were outstanding. Learned a great deal from Nikki. In fact, I am practicing/perfecting some of the techniques learned during my stay at home. We have already decided that we would return but in the summer instead of the winter. We did find the mansion to be drafty and down right cold at night. However, Monique (ever accomodating) supplied space heaters which helped. Between the couples massges, yoga/pilates and ambiance, our weekend was relaxing yet exhilirating. Thanks Akwaaba!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank babyci W
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had the pleasure to participate in a ladies weekend retreat held at "The Mansion." Upon arrival, the innkeeper, Margaret Greenwood, greeted us with a smile and even helped us with our bags. During my entire stay, I never wanted for anything. Whether it was having the chef prepare a special meal to satisfy my dietary restrictions or simply hand delivering another glass of the delicious tea mixture, Ms. Greenwood did not miss a beat! The beauty and historical restoration of the mansion is breathtaking. The sleeping rooms were clean and well maintained. The Swedish/Deep Tissue spa massage was exactly what I needed. There is so much goodness in this place that I plan to come back, soon. My sister wants to get married here!

The Mansion at Noble Lane is definitely 5 STAR!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank CAJO45
Linden, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had a Woman's Retreat the weekend of January 11, 2013, and the Hospitality that we experienced was unreal. The decor takes your breath away. If you are a detailed person (As I am) you will truly appreciate The Mansion on Noble Lane. Oh, and the food (WOW THE FOOD) was amazing and presented perfectly a pure masterpiece on each plate. I plan on staying there again (Maybe, in the the spring or summer to enjoy the outdoors) and I look soo forward to it.

THANK YOU!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Terri M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethany
Hotel Wayne
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
James Manning House
James Manning House
#1 of 4 in Honesdale

Been to The Mansion at Noble Lane? Share your experiences!