“Exactly what I needed...”

The Mansion at Noble Lane
Ranked #1 of 2 Bethany B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had a Woman's Retreat the weekend of January 11, 2013, and the Hospitality that we experienced was unreal. The decor takes your breath away. If you are a detailed person (As I am) you will truly appreciate The Mansion on Noble Lane. Oh, and the food (WOW THE FOOD) was amazing and presented perfectly a pure masterpiece on each plate. I plan on staying there again (Maybe, in the the spring or summer to enjoy the outdoors) and I look soo forward to it.

THANK YOU!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Terri M
There are newer reviews for The Mansion at Noble Lane

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Girlfriend and I booked a massage, since the Mansion is about 55 minutes from my home, didn't think we needed to do a weekend. Was I wrong. It was a wonderful experience, which could have only been made better, by staying overnight. Monique was so gracious and gave my friend and I a complete tour. We plan to do a girls weekend very soon. PS - the massage therapists were excellent.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I had a great stay at the Mansion at Noble Lane for our first anniversary. Monique, the owner of this and three other B&Bs is a great hostess and she has an incredible property. -It is a mansion that was owned by the Woolworths and that she had to restore after it had fallen into disrepair. After being here with Monique, I am quite jealous that I am a lawyer, and do not do exactly what she does for a living-- she gets to restore and care for amazing properties. She also does a good job encouraging guests to socialize with each other -- we played taboo with some other great couples during our trip.

Positives:
-Great service
-Good breakfasts
-Owner will arrange on-site massages
-Extremely clean
-Nice rooms
-The property and mansion are INCREDIBLE. It looks like a residence you would see on Downton Abbey or something like that. Great balconies, private tree-lined drive. It has everything. There is going to be a pool, tennis courts, and the whole nine yards.

Negatives:
-Somewhat expensive
-There isn't a lot to do nearby, at least in the fall when we were there. Monique tries, mostly successfully, to create a community between the guests so that you do not need to leave the property to enjoy yourself.
-There is still some work to be done on the property including finding furnishings that will fill some of the enormous common rooms, and finishing the pool house.
-Occasionally a fly or two would find its way into our room because they kept the original windows (which was the right decision), but they need to think of a solution to this issue.

That said, none of the negatives in any way spoiled our wonderful trip. This property is amazing and Monique is an amazing host. I will definitely be staying with her in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed two nights in the Akwaaba B&B in Cape May in 2010 and have been fans ever since, because of the environment that Monique creates. In fact, during that stay she shared with us her vision for The Mansion at Noble Lane, and we were more than impressed upon our arrival. My wife and I stayed during the weekend of Sept 28 - 30 and were amazed with the quality and attention to detail by Monique and her staff. From the morning yoga sessions, the filling breakfasts and afternoon tea, an impromptu poetry reading, the views, and the conversations with fellow guests, the trip was "just what the doctor ordered." When we left we both felt rejuvenated! Our only regret is that we did not take advantage of any spa treatments. We will be making multiple trips here.

By the way, bring an appetite to the afternoon tea.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Mansion at Noble Lane is absolutely beautiful. The gracious innkeeper and owner, Monique Greenwood, has turned this property into a tranquil yet noble estate. She was able to maintain the character defining features of this historic property while making it also feel updated and modern. The main floor of the house has many large open rooms with sun-filled windows which overlook picturesque views in all directions. The mansion offers views from many balconies, patios, and porches. The bedrooms are are quite comfy and each have private modern bathrooms. Breakfast each morning was scrumptious. You can enjoy a fabulous spa treatment, entertain in a grand ballroom, romance your loved one, sip afternoon tea or just relax on the breathtaking grounds...the Mansion at Noble Lane has it all!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed overnight at Akwaaba’s Mansion at Noble Lane in early September. The Mansion at Noble Lane is absolutely breathtaking. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted by the innkeeper and owner, Monique Greenwood. Our time at the Mansion was wonderful. From the Spa experience, to the luxury accommodations, relaxing sauna, and free yoga, we couldn’t ask for more.

My experience was both romantic and relaxing. When we arrived on Saturday, I went to the spa and received an awesome massage by Jennifer. Her hands were those of an angel. I left my massage and relaxed on the chaise while I drank herbal tea and looked out at the beautifully landscaped grounds. I completed my relaxing experience by sitting in the sauna. When I left the spa, I felt 10 years lighter!

I was blessed to stay in one of the beautiful rooms that have a balcony. As I relaxed on my balcony and looked out over the grounds, I was given the pleasure of seeing a family of deer as they walked across the grass. That evening the innkeeper hosted a champagne and smores get together in one of the many outside lounging areas. My husband and I roasted marshmallows and enjoyed the company of the other guests. The next morning, we got up and had a wonderful restorative yoga class with Nicki. I never really cared for yoga until I took this class with Nicki. We followed yoga with one of Akwaaba’s signature delicious breakfasts. The French toast, warm pears, and turkey bacon was absolutely flawless.

This place is perfect for a romantic getaway, girlfriend’s weekend, or for writing that novel you’ve been working on. We are definitely coming back!

Room Tip: Try to go for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

What can I say, my husband and I got married at the Mansion at Noble Lane in the end of July and it was a dream. We found the venue on the Akwaaba website months before the renovations were completed, but we knew right away from the description and the few outside photos that this was where we wanted to get married. When we were finally able to see it in person a couple months later, we were amazed by it's beauty and comfort and by Monique's attention to detail. We specifically did not want a banquet hall, glitzy chandeliers, heavily draped windows or wall to wall carpeting... none of the usual stuff. The Mansion is light and airy and welcoming and it was the perfect location for a weekend destination wedding that's not too far from NYC and offers extensive services and activities to keep your guests entertained. Monique was so great to work with throughout the planning process and she really understood our vision for how we wanted our wedding to be, which was more of a reunion of family and friends, a really fun party and quality time with our guests throughout the weekend.

We were able to have the entire place for our exclusive use for the weekend, which made it feel like our home. Our entire immediate family was able to stay at the Mansion, while our extended family and friends stayed in other nearby hotels, but everyone was able to enjoy everything the Mansion had to offer throughout the entire weekend. Some people played tennis for hours, while others took a yoga class, went swimming or got a massage. We also did a Friday night meet and greet and a Sunday good-bye brunch.

The extensive property offers multiple stunning backdrops for wedding pictures and for staging various parts of the wedding. We had planned on doing everything but the dancing outside with about 110 guests, and to play lots of lawn games. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate and it started raining just before the wedding. So we had to go with plan B. Luckily the Mansion has several gorgeous spaces on the main floor that could seat everyone for dinner. So whether you're inside or outside, you're surrounded by beauty. We did the ceremony on the porch with the gardens as our backdrop and everyone told us the rain did not take away at all from the fun of the party.

We literally made the call to move the dinner inside at noon the day of, but still tried to have the ceremony and cocktails outside, until it actually started raining an hour before the ceremony.
Everyone there, including Monique and Michelle, the wedding day coordinator, were so accommodating with the change in plans and made sure the changes were implementedly smoothly. We loved Monique and we loved Michelle... they always had warm smiles, were so professional and had a great sense of humor. The only bad part was that the weekend had to end. I was very sad at home the next day... I missed the celebration, but I also really missed the Mansion, which had become a part of me. Ever since, we've been talking about trying to get a little group together to go back as soon as possible to relive a little piece of our wonderful experience. Thank you, Monique!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank ydna949
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethany
Hotel Wayne
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Settlers Inn
Settlers Inn
#1 of 4 in Hawley

Been to The Mansion at Noble Lane? Share your experiences!