“So bad, it might be good”

Pangs Cottage Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 102 Restaurants in Hayes
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I used to dine out on my own quite regularly with a job I travelled alot with but these days I eat at home or as part of a couple. So when I was home alone for a weekend and couldn't be bothered to cook I ventured out as a lone diner. Pubs are usually good as there's plenty going on and my other destination of choice would be the chinese buffet, cheap and you can be there for as short or long time as you wish. So it was I went to Pangs around the corner. I was welcomed and served throughout excellently, prompt and friendly. The deep fried selection of starters was ok, the usual dryness challenges but nothing too offensive, borderline offensive though was the lumpy, gelatiness satay sauce. On to mains and we had tasty well cooked dishes alongside more congealed awfulness. Noodles and Rice made things passable. As I was free from the Mrs I had some dessert but Jelly and pre-scooped ice cream was hardly worth the earache I'll get when she reads this. Good job I've not mentioned the attrative, attentive waitress....

1  Thank Adam O

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Used to eat here often 3 yrs ago .It was excellent and very busy . Went back his year restaurant was very quiet .Food was good for a buffet but as the restaurant was quiet empty they did not replenish food! The price is very good and staff are friendly .

2  Thank 297Cheekyboy
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Pangs used to be fantastic and we used to enjoy going there usually at least once a month. The staff are friendly but the foods got worse. Sometimes its all cold, other times it takes ages to be replenished. We order in now from Dynasty. Much nicer

3  Thank Chelle22
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great Service, nice and comfortable feel to the restaurant. Great food and very friendly staff. Also at a reasonable price.

2  Thank ShaneMarsh88
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I just had a lovely meal at this restaurant and the service is great but be wary if taking children, the windows boast adult and child prices but the child price is based on height?? My 4ft 10 12 year old daughter was charged as an adult, if taking children, confirm the cost before ordering!

3  Thank Bronzsurfer