“Outstanding”

Tuscany Ristorante
Ranked #16 of 103 Restaurants in Hayes
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Situated in the London Heathrow Marriott Hotel adjacent to Heathrow airport, Tuscany Ristorante specialises in authentic Italian provincial cuisine served in a relaxed, urban setting. Open for dinner only, the bustling open kitchen keeps the restaurant upbeat, with more subdued dining on the indoor terrace overlooking the lobby.
Austin, Texas
“Outstanding”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Try the pizza's, they rock. The service is unusually good for the UK and the food is also quite a cut above what you normally find in Bath Rd Heathrow hotels. This is truly a "foodie's" restaurant and I'm betting gets lots of locals as well as travelers.

Visited December 2013

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Business delegate dinner”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Unfortunately my experience in the Tuscany Ristorante at the Heathrow Marriott was not as promising as I had expected. The overall experience was michelin priced food for fast food cafe styled flavours and child size portions. The menu was extraordinarily over priced, and with 5 of us it was going to be an expensive evening. At the point we sat down, there was a very unplesent smell coming from the kitchen ( like burning hair ), didnt start off the meal nicely. We asked from some Olives and bread while we looked at the menu, The mixed olives at £3-5 a pot we were given 3 small pots of black olives, which looked as if they had come from a jar not fresh . For my starter I went for the mozzarella cheese, tomatoe and rocket salad -priced at over £8 the portion on my plate served was less than I would expect as a garnish on my main meal. With no real flare or imagination placed on the dish, it was simply a small plate of mixed ingredients, which took minutes to prepare, with no thought about content or originality - it was simply a plate of tomatoe, and cheese slices with some rocket on top. For my main course I went for the Spaghetti bolognaise and expecting big things at £20:99 for the portion - unfortunately the same pattern - very average with no real kick or punch in the flavours, served on simple plain spaghetti which was pre cooked, reheated before serving with no side salad nor accompaniments The meat sauce was pre-cooked in a large vat and simply spooned on top of the pasta and served - and at £20.99 that was exessive for such a small portion of average food. I opted out of choosing any chicken breast on the menu , as I could see the chef preparing other diners plates. for a price tag of over £25 I was expecting more than a plain pan fried chicken breast on a plate of salad. I could not muster up to have a dessert, as that would have blown the budget. The service was fine , although at times overly attentive with at least 3 different people asking if our food was OK and everything OK which was a little off putting, especially seeing as we were not impressed by the food. The same factors above was voiced from my collegues as well, there was a consistant theme around the table of inadequent portions of food, served very plainly with an excessive price tag, which just did not suit the menu on offer. The final bill came in excess of £170 keeping in mind that we all were driving and had one drink each and a small water between us. At that point we made our excusses and left. Unfortunately the experience would not see me rushing back to the Tuscany or recommending it to any of our clients, work mates or friends. If the food had some wow factor then it would have satisfied us in some way, but unfortunately it was below average for the prices, and have never ever find those prices in an Italian restaurant I've ever been too.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Alan D
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A Slow Start and a Staggering Finish”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Tuscany Ristorante at the Heathrow Marriott offers very good food expensively. The starters in particular are painfully and unnecessarily priced. The food is good, very good in fact and, for the most part, presentation too but tonight's meal got off to a shaky start when I took exception to the size of my partner's antipasto. It is not often you send back someone else's food but I did exactly that and achieved a good result of its return to the table with 30% more on the plate. At £11.50, I expect a decent plate to be decently filled. My minestrone (£7.50) came dangerously close to being over acidic - a risk with a tomato base - and I didn't expect its vegetables to be crunchy but, strangely, I enjoyed it.

Things were looking up with the main courses. My partner's bolognese was certainly meaty if lacking in easily detectable vegetables. My risotto, however, was superbly judged. They certainly know how to do that and get it to the table in still edible form. Excellent. The portion police had been supervising the bread but I asked for breadsticks and was brought some with little fuss.

If I was impressed by the risotto, then I was stunned by the desserts to the extent that I momentarily forgot the prices. Visually, my semifreddo was extraordinary and I took the highly unusual step of photographing it. It managed limoncello with surprising subtlety and pannacotta was equally well done if slightly less pleasing on the eye. £85 for two without alcohol (we don't drink) is not something for every night of a holiday but the dessert so overshadowed the micro-starter that this rated as a good experience.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank John_Oram_Eats
Olathe, Kansas
“Best restaurant in the Marriott”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Gave it four stars because they tried to have a nice atmosphere and food was OK. To call this Tuscan food is a stretch, but hotel Italian is fair. The risotto was ok, the ravioli fair. If we would put this up against Franco's or Al Duca in the city or Pazzia near Ascot it would come in dead last, but to be fair this is fast hotel food. Probably a 3 at best, but it is the best in this hotel.

Visited September 2013
St. Louis
“Unexpected delight at Marriott London Heathrow”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our meal here was just great. Arrived tired, a bit shell-shocked after driving in lovely but unfamiliar England for a week. Ready to sleep overnight at airport and fly home to US next day. Would have been happy with a sandwich in the room. But we had a great meal, unexpectedly, in this airport hotel restaurant. Prawns/ bruschetta appetizer, salad with oranges and artichokes, roasted chicken/ mushrooms and sea bass entrees. All were great. The chef and her assistants were visible in the kitchen, fun to watch. Service outstanding from Maitre D' Fernando Cardoso and waitress Kim. We were happily surprised. You'll be glad you stopped in!

• Visited September 2013