“Great airport stopover”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Hayes
cardiff
“Great airport stopover”
Reviewed January 8, 2009

I would certainly stay in this hotel again before or after a flight from Heathrow. My only complaint at present would be the lack of restaurant due to refurbishment. We didn't like the look of the bar so we went to the hotel next door and had a great meal. The bedroom was lovely and I got a good deal from the hotel direct.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Middlesex
Reviewed January 5, 2009

Honestly dont think twice about going to this hotel, it's amazing... just book it.. Me & My partner have been here more than 60 time on various trips, ive been to most of the top hotels on bath road and this is the one i would advice anyone to go to.. 'i feel like its my second home' thats how comfortable it has been. we have nothing to complain about, welcoming friendly staff, excellent & proffesional service, quick and efficient check in, very modern reception with a indoor tropical forest pool.. Nice hall way, with ice-machine roomson each floor, an the main part is the room its absoulately fab, it has everything that a women would need i.e hairdryer etc. Very comfortable bed that you will definately have the best good night sleep.. you cant hear any noice from outside solid walls, really words cant explain more but this is one of my top best hotel in heathrow, it should have been 5* not 4*, rooms are perfect, service is excellent, value is worth the stay, very clean, with a nice pool. well, i hope you enjoy your stay an experience what i have said.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Car park price
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank nikki1983
Berkshire
Reviewed December 30, 2008

I do not hesitate when im in need of a room in Heathrow, i have stayed at nearly all the hotels along the bath road and have to say that Skyline is the overall best. I have stayed at Sheraton Skyline over 50 times in the past two years.
from the standard rooms upto the executive rooms this hotel is lovley. Very cosy and comfortable beds and the walls are solid unlike many other hotels, i believe this should be rated a 5-star hotel instead of 4-star.
Me and my other half have not even one complaint in the years we have stayed here..
Infact im staying here on new years eve aswell. Very nice Hotel.

Stayed December 2008
1 Thank Sun74
SkylineManagement, Management Team at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, January 28, 2009
I have read your comments in your review with a great pleasure.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for taking the time to complete the form and recognising the level of service you have received from the staff and stating we are the best hotel in the Heathrow area, for sure I will pass your nice comments to all staff and I can assure you that they will be extremely happy on this recognition from you.
Hope we can have the opportunity to welcome you back to our home in the near future.

Hani Salih
dublin
Reviewed December 29, 2008

Given that this is an airport hotel, I was pleasantly surprised by the nice reception area, friendly staff, nice restaurant and comfortable rooms. It was convenient to the airport too and connected by the buses. We had the executive room and enjoyed a nice bathroom and really comfortable and quiet night's sleep. You'll pay the privilege of staying in a reasonable airport hotel and will probably also be faced with a reasonable sized bill from the lovely Italian restaurant or the sports bar which is basically your only eating choice (other than maccas down the road).

• Liked — comfortable, well serviced room, nice restaurant
  • Disliked — expensive and almost everything costs extra
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ughboot
SkylineManagement, Management Team at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, January 26, 2009
Dear Guest,

I have read your comments in your review with a great pleasure.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
I can also assure you that our F&B prices are in line with all the local competitors to ensure our guest are not paying any more.

Hope we can have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

hani.salih@sheraton.com
Shropshire, UK
Reviewed December 29, 2008

Excellent value for money. There were 3 of us staying and we were able to get a club room with a sofa bed. The room had lots of space and we all enjoyed our stay very much. Thanks for the hospitality.

• Liked — Having rooms for 3 or 4 adults
  • Disliked — Parking can be limited.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
SkylineManagement, Management Team at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, January 19, 2009

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to complete the form and recognising the product and level of service you have received from the staff members of the hotel during and after your stay.

Hope we can have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

hani.salih@sheraton.com
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2008

My wife and I stayed here for a night at the beginning of our holiday and a night at the end, in a Standard room the first time and an Executive one the second time.

Bearing in mind the awful reviews Heathrow hotels generally get, this one was OK. The rooms were quiet and the beds comfortable (though the pillows could have been firmer). Reception was quick and efficient, and the lobby was quite smart.

BUT

- we found the executive room to be not much different from the standard one, just a bit larger

- the room had only one bottle of water, one dressing gown and one bar of soap, despite being booked for 2 people. There was also no shower gel and the kettle didn't work properly. This was an EXECUTIVE room!

- prices in the hotel generally were silly. E.g. a Mars bar in the mini-bar for £2.10! For a cold sandwich ordered during the night: £13 (including £3 'tray charge'. Upgrading to 'Club Class': £45 - for which as far as I could see the only real difference was getting a complimentary breakfast

- the Sports Bar was dominated by a huge plasma screen and again the prices were silly. I presume the main restaurant prices were similar

- a £1 'voluntary' donation to UNICEF was added to our bill without our agreement. The £1 wasn't the point, but I would have thought that, for what they were trying to charge us, they could have made the donation from their profits

- the swimming pool and cocktail bar were closed for refurbishment

So, all in all, we found it an OK hotel but with a number of failings, not least being soulless and money-grabbing.

• Liked — Quiet room, clean, comfortable
  • Disliked — Silly prices for food & drinks
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
SkylineManagement, Management Team at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, January 13, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your detailed feedback and please accept my assurance it has been used as a case study.

I can assure you that all our prices go through a regular competitive review to ensure our guests are not pay more than the local hotels.

Upgrading to the club room will give you a number of benefits in addition to continental breakfast, such as free internet in the lounge, free soft drinks, a variety of snacks throughout the day, and complimentary alcoholic beverages (red wine, white one and beer only) between 18:00 and 20:00 everyday.

The £1 voluntary donation is added on all our guest bill automatically which are then asked at check out if they do wish to donate.
The hotel then transfer 100% of the donation and does not take any admin fees.

I do sincerely hope I was able to clarify some point and would like the opportunity and pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Regards,
Hani.salih@sheraton.com
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2008

I agree with Maggie&Mike as we stayed there on Sunday 26th October and we were also very surprised to find that the Restaurant was closed that night.

I had booked this hotel for price admittedly but in none of the many e mails that I received after booking was there any mention of this fact. I did not wish to try and eat in the Sports Bar with all the tv screens bellowing out or sit cramped in our room. I had expected to have a nice meal in good surroundings then a good nights sleep prior to an early departure. Instead we too braved the outside world and had a very good meal locally and would have happily stayed in that hotel if we had known in advance of the situation at the Sheraton.

I have had no acknowledgement from the Manager at the Sheraton either to my e mail which I sent when we returned from holiday. Bad practice all round, which is a shame as the room itself was very good and we did have a good nights sleep.

Stayed October 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!