“Amazing Hotel.”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Hayes
Winnipeg, Canada
“Amazing Hotel.”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was recently touring Europe and before me and my girlfriend flew home we needed a hotel close to the airport so we stayed here. The hotel is by far one of the best I have stayed in. When I was checking in the front desk agent let me know that he had upgraded us to the top floor which I didn't ask for at any time but was very happy to receive the complementary upgrade. We got a room that was facing inside the pool area so we didn't hear any airplane noise at all the hotel is sound proof so I wouldn't worry about that if your not sure about booking because it's facing one of the runways at Heathrow. Had some dinner in the sport bar and that was very good. Service was excellent through out and I'm very impressed by this hotels level of service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WorldTraveler2192
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear WorldTraveler2192

Thank you for your amazing review !

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bridport, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My son and I recently stayed at the Sheraton Skyline hotel before our journey to New Orleans and we were treated extremely well. The staff there were absolutely amazing and really did make us feel special. We ordered room service several times as it was more convenient to eat in our room as my son is an active two-year-old. The food was very nice, in particular, the breakfast which was delivered to our room after leaving out an order card on the door handle the night before.
One of the negatives about our stay would have to be my impression of the "sky garden". I felt a bit disappointed really as it didn't seem quite as spectacular as the photos on the brochure. I remember thinking that the brochure and the internet site made the hotel feel tropical, like a warm, holiday pool and the name "sky garden" made me think it would be at the very top of the hotel, near the roof. Instead, the pool is in the middle of the hotel, on the ground floor, just behind the lobby. The room was warm, but the water was a little on the cool side, and, despite the weather being warm and sunny outside, it felt a little bit like the local pool at the leisure centre.
Another negative was that, the night before our departure, I telephoned down to the concierge to ask for someone to help me bring down our bags and suitcases the next day and to order a taxi. The taxi was ordered successfully but no-one turned up to help me with the bags, leaving me to struggle with a two-year-old, going back and forth to my room and to sections of the corridor to get each heavy bag to the lift. In the end, another hotel guest helped me out of the lift and to the entrance where the staff took over.
In summary, this is a lovely hotel with wonderful staff but a couple of disappointments prevented me from giving 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear mishmao

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay overall and we thank you for very valuable feedback regarding the pool area.
I was disappointed to read your experience with the concierge which I have personally addressed with the team.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a very solid hotel. The rooms were clean, if a bit small. The pool was amazing, and is great for kids, as was the Sports Bar restaurant downstairs, which had a pool table, a little stage, and some other things for kids to play with. Service was fine but not super-friendly, but they were very understanding when we had to bring in extra beds. Overall it was a good choice if you need a home base near Heathrow for a day or two.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear andrews510

We are delighted your enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a morning and afternoon as we had a long layover between flights. Our room was very clean and faced the interior pool, so we did not hear a single plane. As a SPG gold member, we received free bottled water and wifi, which were helpful. The restaurants at the hotel were closed during our stay, but there are plenty of other hotels in walking distance (the Marriott is next door) all of which have options. The Starbucks in the lobby is great. It's a 10 pound cab ride from terminal 5.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear LesFood81

Thank you for your great comments and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I usually stay at the Renaissance but this was booked up, so I stayed at the Sheraton on opposite side.

The hotel is really busy, loads of foreign coach party's coming and going all the time to the London sites, so it cab get a busy, especially at breakfast, can take a while to be seated if you end up behind one of the parts, I was attending business so had to be in office for 9am, sometimes I had to skip breakfast as it would have just taken to long to get seated. There was renovation work on restaurants when I was there, so hopefully will be better.

Use local buses to get to/from Heathrow as they are free, Taxi's and the Hotel Hoppas charge and are not needed to get to hotel from Heathrow.

Room Tip: TV did not have HDMI input so I could not use my movie player, so ask for HDMI TV.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Paul W
Thank you for your feedback regarding the breakfast experience. We did not have any refurbishment in that area during August so I would appreciate if you could contact me directly so I can future investigate your comments.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was a flying visit at the end of the vacation before a morning flight. There were a few problems though.

1. The girl in the club lounge was pissy because I took four (small) bottles of water back to my room for my family because "they are for the lounge only". Not sure if she would have preferred a wife with a cold, a tired 18 month old and a loud bouncy 5 year old in her business lounge instead but either way i could have done without the superior attitude.

2. We didn't get our alarm call. For me this is a criminal offense in an airport hotel. Luckily i always set my iPhone alarm as well. It would be churlish not to mention that when i called down to speak with the manager he gave us a complimentary taxi ride to the airport to make sure we were there on time so well done there.

I think these were anomalies though and would still stay at the Skyline again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Ydris5

Thank you taking the time to write your review.

We are delighted you have enjoyed your stay overall however apologise for the inconvenience caused with the wakeup call and the club lounge which I can assure you will be addressed with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Staff were very polite and welcoming. We emailed the hotel 1 week before our stay to ask for a runway view room and when we checked in we were given our room request. Room was spacious, comfortable and quiet. We ate in the sports bar and had a lovely meal. We used the pool and club lounge during our stay. Great value for money and were able to leave the car at the hotel whilst on holiday. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Sydneysider1112

Thank you for your wonderful review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Rooms Division Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!