“Good but nothing to shout about !!”

Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Hayes
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Good but nothing to shout about !!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We booked at this hotel via a dedicated Airport Hotels website. The lobby is nice and spacious. The staff at the reception were efficient but cold ! The lady at the reception took our booking number and immediately located our room. We were asked for photo ID's, my wife and I weren't carrying our drivers license but of course had our passports. We normally get asked for credit card we made the booking with or for a deposit, but never been asked for photo ID's. Throughout the lady did not even make an attempt to smile or even look at us. My wife and I were lost because we weren't sure if we had upset her in anyway or was she having a bad day !

The room's size is average but very clean and the beds were of very good quality. The bathroom size is small with average bathroom products. The breakfast was good.

This hotel is good enough for an overnight stay but I was expecting more from the brand name, Sheraton. Overall good but nothing to shout about!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Nadir O

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm very disappointed to hear of your check in experience. I would encourage you to contact me directly with your reservation details so i can further investigate and address your comments.
We do ask for photo ID for security purposes so we ensure the person who has reserved the room is the person who wants to check into the room. This procedure reduces credit card and identity fraud.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 23, 2013

They have comfortable beds--that's about the best I can say about this hotel. Oh, they're located conveniently with easy access to Heathrow. There's that. We arrived for a two-night stay and were initially pleased with the appearance and cleanliness of the hotel. However, once we approached the front desk, that changed. There were four people behind the desk all staring at their computers or the counter and we waited a couple minutes to even be acknowledged. Not a good start. The person who Checked us in deserves an award for making it as difficult as possible. He spoke so softly we had to repeated ask him to repeat himself and his attitude was very condescending. We finally completed check-in and went upstairs to our room. The room was comfortable, but I was very unhappy when my daughter told me after a quick shower that there was hair in the tub she had to clean out before she could shower. I went in and also saw hair on the shower ceiling (the ceiling???). Gross! There was also hair in the toilet. Yuck. I decided to not say anything to the front desk as I was angry, but should have called them and let them know. I was hopeful it was a one-time lapse by housekeeping, but it wasn't. The next day, they left soda cans on the desk (we hadn't thrown them away of course, expecting they would be recycled). We went down to the pool and as soon as we got there a staff person rushed up and told us he had to have our room number before we could use the pool (for "health and safety reasons" Really? That doesn't have anything to do with health and safety, so don't treat your guests like they're idiots). And, the ridiculously high charges for internet and parking didn't help me think any better of this place. Sheraton, we traveled through 12 countries in Europe--you're the ONLY place that charged us for wifi or parking! You need to come into this century, folks. The best thing about this hotel is the staff at the Starbucks in the lobby! They were delightful and helpful. Needless to say, I'll not be staying here ever again. If you're considering a stay here, rethink it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PurpleRabbit21
Dear PurpleRabbit21

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm very disappointed to hear of your experience. I would encourage you to contact me directly with your reservation details so i can further investigate and address your comments.
I can confirm that it is a requirement from our Health and Safety consultant that we must obtain the room number of any users for the pool as our pool is only for in house guest and is not open to the public.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Despite being a Starwood Preferred Guest Gold card member I was put in a basic room with the window nailed shut on a hot summers night with the aircon broke, ridiculously expensive for food & drinks, positive point is that is handy for Heathrow but that was it, I usually have nothing but praise for the Sheraton Group but this was poor. I would give this one a miss & I will keep looking for decent hotels in the area

Room Tip: Do not eat or drink in the hotel, try the Three Magpies which is a 5 minute walk, good pub fayre at...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank DavidhWood
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear DavidhWood

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I’m very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction of your room allocation.
I would very much encourage you to contact me directly and I will ensure to personalise your stay to your satisfaction.

Due to our location, the hotel is not permitted to have any rooms with a full sized window however we do have outside facing room with small windows to allow fresh area.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

when travelling from Heathrow I like to stay at the Skyline, cheap deals can be had to include parking while away. The feel of the hotel is very friendly, bars etc just the job to relax in. The staff really shine and put themselves out to look after you. And I love the inside pool! And the most fabulous fillet steaks from room service! well done guys.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear happychappie244

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful comments.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us and we wish to welcome you back soon.

Tel aviv
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Booked through hotwire for a rate of $100 + tax.
Got an upgrade
The front desk clerk from Egypt was very friendly.
the room was large and clean and so was the bathroom.
There is a Starbucks in the lobby so breakfast is inexpensive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ronenj
Dear ronenj

Thank you for your review and high scores.

Wish to welcome you back in the near furture.

Tustin, California
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Nice hotel only a couple of miles from Heathrow. Catch the hotel shuttle "Hotel Hoppa" to and from all terminals at Heathrow for 4L, kids free. You can buy tickets on the bus and in the hotel lobby at the machine. I always have $200 in foreign currency with me when I leave the U.S. so I can easily pay for cabs etc upon arrival. I order if from my Bank of America. Allow a week. Pools has restaurant/bar in atrium area so kids can swim while you eat dinner and have a drink-nice but a little warm and steamy so dress lightly. Other restaurant food wasn't that good. Starbucks in lobby. Very nice reception staff-Allison was especially sweet to our son, had a little gift delivered to the room for his first stay in London, very nice touch. Room service was pretty good. Rooms were well appointed, good size, kind of a hike from elevators but no big deal. Very limited TV channels unless you pay, Wifi was 15L for 3 devices for 24 hours. Really should be free but had a great connection. Great for proximity to airport but not a good hotel if you are planning on spending a lot of time seeing downtown London, as it's too far. Instead, check out The Park Lane Sheraton on Piccadilly Rd, right next to Green Park.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear MAtoCA

Thank you for taking the time and providing us with valuable feedback on your experience.

We are delighted that you and the family enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

new york
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Nice clean hotel. Rooms were modern and updated. It was about a 25 minute Hoopa bus ride to the airport to Terminal 5. There was a McDOnalds around the corner if you wanted a quick cheaper meal. Overall place and location was decent. We got a really good price for this at Priceline under their. "Secrets" hotel

• Stayed July 2013
Dear karen_22us

Thank you for your wonderful review.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Rooms Division Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!