“Would like to return again - many times!”

Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Hayes
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I first visited this hotel about a year and a half ago, as we had recently stayed in a Sheraton in Florida on our honeymoon, and were so impressed by the hotel we wanted to try out some of the British ones.
We liked it so much we recently decided to return again. It is a great location for people flying from Heathrow, as it is served by the Hoppa bus (which comes to the hotel door), or the FREE normal bus (bus stop around the corner by the Marriott one door up) which will also take you directly to Heathrow. It is also great for people like us, who love to visit London, but can no longer afford the prices of a central hotel. Last time we caught the free bus to Heathrow and got the tube right in to central London.
This time we decided on a more relaxing stay - and this hotel is very easy to do that in. When we got to our room we were astounded by the size of the bed, which must have been a super king, because my husband and I, who are usually pillow to pillow in our normal double bed, felt like we were in different beds! This is no bad thing btw, as it's great to be able to stretch out in such a comfortable bed (Sheraton sweet sleeper). We both had a great night's sleep.
We took a trip to Windsor for an evening meal, which is only a 10/15 min drive from the hotel, and has plenty of shops and lovely restaurants (not to mention the castle!).
We were a little disappointed that breakfast in the hotel would have cost £17.50 each, so we opted to visit Starbucks (located in the lobby), for a still yummy but much cheaper breakfast.
I have rated the hotel excellent because it is so cosy and charming. The rooms are spacious and have great beds and showers (hot and powerful), as well as little added extras like a bath robe and a free bottle of water. The hotel is also very convenient and good value. Our room faced on to the tropical-themed indoor pool, which makes you feel like you are in sunnier climes. I would describe it as a hidden treasure among Heathrow hotels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rach_Mary
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Rach_Mary

It is always a pleasure to welcome you back to the Sheraton Skyline Hotel.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay once again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our "hidden treasure".

Wishing you a very happy new year.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We attended a wedding reception here in July, glad we didnt have to pay to park, as a guest this was a bonus. Our room was pretty good, not quite overlooking the indoor pool. Clean and spacious. The wedding party had drinks and canapes by the pool, and then on to the main dinner reception area. The food was very good and the service we received from the staff was excellent. We were also very happy with the breakfast and we didnt have to rush to check out. Perhaps a good hotel for future reference if catching an early flight from Heathrow. This was a trip down memory lane for me as I last came to The Sheraton, when I was a teenager and used to visit the "Hawaiian Bar" by the pool back in the early eighties!! Cant say the hotel has changed hugely since then, it was always nice as impressionable teenager and I would still recommend it now.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Debbie H

Dear Debbie H

We are all delighted that you have enjoyed your return to the Sheraton Skyline Hotel.
It is always a pleasure to be part of a pleasant trip down memory lane !

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Was the first time I have used this hotel before an early flight.
Booked it as a 'secret' deal and would definitely use it again.
Pleasant spacious room with everything you might need.
Nice view overlooking the indoor pool area which looked nice had I arrived earlier.
Coffee maker was faulty but quickly replaced.
Room service happily did something not on the menu.
All the staff were very pleasant and as someone else has mentioned sorted out a ticket for the 5am Hoppa.
Will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear LW64

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are delighted that you had an excellent stay and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night ahead of an early morning flight to the US for my partner (I was returning to London). Excellent service from start to finish and a good, well furnished room with a comfortable bed. The hotel will also allow you to charge Heathrow Hoppa tickets (£4 single or £7 return) to the room which is a nice touch, not available at some other Heathrow hotels I've stayed at before.

We got an excellent rate competitive even with some budget brands, but the hotel was busy on 2nd January. The Wifi is complimentary for Platinum Club members for the Sheraton brand, which we are not - they do an hour long option for £5, enough for those simply looking to confirm arrangements with their airline and answer a few e-mails, or alternatively 24 hours for a slightly steep £15.

One slight observation, the hotel is absolutely huge, but only 3 floors we stayed in 1099 and it was a very significant walk from the front desk lift shafts. If you don't have a wheeled bag, accept the offer of assistance to your room - you won't regret it!

The room service menu is surprisingly reasonably priced for a Heathrow Airport Sheraton hotel (although we weren't tempted), and although we didn't try it the pool looked nice. For an older hotel, this one had very clearly been well looked after and was clean and well maintained throughout.

I've stayed with the Sheraton brand three times in three different nations (USA, Austria & UK). and never been disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear PhilAndrews77

We are all delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and other Sheraton hotels.

Hope we can have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.
Please feel free to contact me directly if i can persoanlise any of your future stays.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel is easily reached using the 423 free bus from Heathrow (get off at the Marriott stop right next door). It only takes 5 minutes by bus 423 or 285 from that same stop to Hatton Cross Underground Station (take the same bus back from stop A to return to the hotel).

I stayed here over the Christmas holidays for a week as a base for visiting London. Staying an hour outside the city allowed me to stay in a nicer hotel than I would have found in the city center for the same price and made getting to and from the airport a breeze.

Check-in was prompt and I was allowed to do so even though I arrived at 9 am. Front desk staff and concierge were very courteous and helpful.

My room was described as a 'classic' and had a very comfortable double bed, a sitting area, desk, dresser with ample drawer space, closet with more than enough hangers and a full size ironing board that was very convenient, and a large bathroom. Everything was immaculate and in good repair, with lots of good lighting and heat. I did not use the mini bar.

The hallways at the hotel were a bit on the minimalist side, decor-wise, but the rooms themselves were pleasingly modern.

I could hear planes landing and taking off only between 6 am and 8 PM; I never heard any overnight. I did not even need to use earplugs and I am a light sleeper and my room was across the hall from one of the secondary lifts.

I found it very convenient to buy a Hoppa bus ticket from the machine in the hotel lobby and get picked up right outside the front for for my journey back to Heathrow.

The hotel's fitness center is more than adequate and I used it daily. I enjoyed a pint of Giunness at the Sports bar and morning lattes at Starbucks in the lobby, but did not otherwise eat at the hotel.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JourneyWoman321
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear JourneyWoman321

We are all delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us during the Christmas holidays.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and recognising the level of service you have received from the staff members of the hotel during your stay.

Hope we can have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed January 1, 2013

10 minutes from the terminals, easy access to central London, good car park, clean well equipped rooms, excellent spy lounge, what more can you say! There are better hotels at Heathrow but not at this price

Room Tip: Worth paying more for use of the lounge
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mybrico

Dear Mybrico

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are all delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Skyline Hotel and we hope to have the pleasure if welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed overnight for a connecting flight at Heathrow. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, comfortable and up to date. Also appreciated the on-site restaurant / pub; passable food that was convenient and had good service (also best place for wifi).

Only down side is getting to and from the airport. There is a bus that snakes around to numerous hotel properties in the area that supposedly comes every 20 +/- minutes and it may take another 20+ to reach the hotel I am told (depending on which terminal etc.) After waiting about 20 minutes in the cold with no bus in site, I ended up taking a taxi. The fare was 11 pounds and the driver was less than civil since he was hoping for big fare to central London. I complained to the staff and they claimed that they are prohibited from having a direct car or bus pickup by the town for congestion reasons. They did arrange for a town car to take me to the airport and suggest that you call them in advance and get the service from the airport when you arrive (I believe the fare was around 15 pounds).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CSL230
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear CSL230

Thank you for taking the time to write review.

We are all delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

The airport shuttle is operated and regulated by the British Airport Authorities and therefore none of the hotels in the area are allowed to provide an alternative service. The London cabs do not usually stop at the hotels as they would have already picked someone from the airport or on their way to the airport hence why it is a common practice that hotels in the area have a nominated taxi firm with similar prices to the London Cabs.

Rooms Division Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!