“A comfortable and good-value airport stay”

Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Hayes
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Just as I had hoped, friendly and efficient front desk staff. Even before arrival an email adding my SPG number to our reservation was dealt with in a professional way and our room preferences noted and acted upon at check in.
Nice room on top SPG floor. Asked to stay at the front and there was some noise, but what do you expect when the runway is just across the road. It was a fun experience.
Comfortable bed, nice bathroom (standard Sheraton offering, excellent shower). Easy and hassle-free and only moments from the long stay car park.
Note: The hotel car park is expensive and camera controlled. Check with reception as we discovered our hotel & parking package included overnight parking at the hotel. They then registered our car into the parking system.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front face the airport and might be slightly noisier. Internal rooms look over the swim...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear TravelGav

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience to everyone on this website.

We are very happy to note that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments will be shared to all in the hotel and I am sure everyone will be delighted to hear them.

We look forward to welcoming you back with us again soon.

Yours sincerely
Rooms Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,791)

Reviewed December 1, 2012

This was a surprisingly good hotel. It sits like a box in a strip of airport hotels backing onto a Heathrow runway in an expensive city so I was not expecting much. But, it delivered. Well equipped rooms. Beds great. Desk was a good size with an assortment of plugs/ electricity so I did not need an adapter. Comfy chair and footrest. I loved the bathrobe - totally oversized, thick and luxurious. My room was facing a parking lot and it was fairly quiet. Breakfast was included in the rate that I had. Full selection, including omlette station. I found the pool area particularly pleasing. It is in a covered courtyard, a nice oasis. Lovely just to sit there. I was at a conference and enjoyed breakfast there a couple of mornings. On the bad side, trying to phone anyone for service was a challenge. No answers at a lot of the numbers eg Guest Express and the restaurant. The hairdryer in the room did not work (oddly placed in the desk drawer and secured). When I did eventually get through to someone, they did send a person right away who fixed it quickly - bad feeder circuit.

I had to go into central London a few times. There is a bus stop outside where three buses take you free of charge (285, 555, 423) to Hatton Cross Station where you can pick up the Tube (Picadilly line). I never waited for a bus either there or coming back from Hatton Cross Station. I also used the Hoppa Bus to go back to the Heathrow Terminal - it only runs every 30 minutes so good to check schedule before waiting. You can get an express train to Paddington station from Heathrow into central London but by the time you get back there, take the train and make the transfer from Paddington, I thought it was easier, just as fast and way more economical to take the Tube (day pass, off peak - any time after 9:30am).

If I had to stay at Heathrow again, I would not hesitate to stay here.

Room Tip: Choose parking lot side so as not to be facing runway.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear RJALSA

It was a great pleasure reading your positive and helpful comments for the other reviewers on this website and we would like to thank you. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and liked our amenities and facilities we have in the hotel.

We are very sorry however to note that we were unable to answer your call when you tried to call us through the Guest Service and Restaurant which will be passed on to the relevant Department Heads. We apologise if the hairdryer did not work and we would be grateful if you could please contact us directly so that we would be able to identify the room you stayed into and replace the hairdryer. We understand your comment about the location of our hairdryers and agree that it will be more convenient to have them in the bathroom however we have them securely placed in the desk drawer due to health and safety reasons.

Once again thank you for your great comments and for taking the time to write your review. We hope to have you back with us soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed there one night and was very pleasantly surprised. The room was very nice and plenty of nice features. No complaints there whatsoever. It's a bit more upscale than many Sheratons. The concierge was helfpul and there were many bellhops there in the morning.
All in all, a solid place.
Two minor quibbles to aware of:
1 - I asked about the shuttle to Heathrow and was told it left at certain times and was even given a schedule. I only found out the next morning that I had to first purchase a ticket for the privilege of riding it. It was lucky that I had a few extra minutes because otherwise I would have missed it. I should have been told about the charge in advance. [For that matter, why the heck is there a charge? This is the first time I've ever seen that. Every hotel I've ever visited has a complimentary shuttle. Here it's 4 lbs. which is almost 10 bucks.]
2 - The pool closes rather early. This is true of many Sheraton's and I don't understand why. We're business travellers and sometimes come in late. Lemme have my swim fer gods sakes.

Other than that, a great experience and I'd do it again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Michdude

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review on this website and for recognising the service you received from our Concierge,

We are sorry however to note that you encountered two issues during your stay and we would like to apologise for your disappointment. The Department Head concern has been advised of your comments regarding the lack of information given by our employees relating to your transportation. We understand that there are hotels in other places that offer complimentary transport however it is not the case in the Heathrow area. The Hoppa bus is operated by National Express and unfortunately we are unable to comment regarding the pricing and schedule.

With regards to your comment about the pool closure, we can only apologise that you wished to use it after the closing time at 10pm.

We would like to thank you once again for bringing these matters to our attention. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kindest regards

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

A nice, clean airport hotel with clean large rooms and comfy beds. Location is excellent for the airport and staff were helpful and nice to deal with. Only complaint is that when I asked for a taxi to T5, I was rushed in a private car without being offered the option of a black cub or given an estimated cost..when I arrived at the airport I was asked for 18 pound!! Now THAT'S a rip off. My mistake for not asking but shame on the concierge that am sure made a commission on the transfers.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Thaneco

It was a pleasure to have read your great comments on this website. We thank you for sharing this to everyone.

We have noted however that you were disappointed with the taxi cost and the service you received when you requested for a taxi. We apologise for the inconvenience caused and would like to assure you that our Concierge Team do not make any commission on the transfers. The prices are displayed on the Concierge desk for the convenience of our guests and we are sorry if you missed this however I understand that the Concierge should have still given you the quotation from the taxi company. We do have a nominated taxi hire company which is a common practice within the Heathrow area. Furthermore, the London Taxis also known as Black Cabs do not stop outside the hotel and if a guest wishes to take a Black Cab our Concierge will be more than happy to phone the National Booking Hotline for Black Cabs however we will be unable to give neither the approximate time of arrival nor the price. Black Cabs do not tend to stop in the hotel or in the area as they would normally already have a passenger to drop in the airport.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a very good Sheraton property and especially good for an airport hotel. I have stayed at the other Sheraton near Heathrow and the two are not comparable. This one has very nice, spacious rooms, an excellent sports bar and polite and professional staff.

Overall I was very pleased that I chose this property. I have stayed at a number of other similarly priced LHR Hotels and this one is the best of the lot.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear scapaflow40

Thank you for your kind comments that you shared with everyone on this website. We are pleased to hear that you liked the hotel, enjoyed the Sports Bar and recognised the service received from the hotel staff. Your comments will be shared to all of the Skyline Team whom I am sure will be very happy to hear.

We look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed one night here as part of a deal for stay plus parking for LHR. Given the modest additional cost over normal on airport parking we were very pleasantly surprised at the professional service and quality of the room. I would definitely use them again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear YTF

We thank you for taking the time to write and post your review with us. We are delighted to learn that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to having you back with us soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was already in a foul mood when I arrived late on 1 November 2012. After playing by El Al's rules at TLV; showing up for check-in 5 hours early and enduring their grueling security protocol, they still managed to mishandle my suitcase. The Sheraton Skyline was a perfect counterbalance to my night up until that point.

Access from LHR was very easy via the free London Transport buses; five minutes either way. Check in and out were quick and flawless. The large room was a fantastic respite from many European hotel rooms which are profoundly small. The room was immaculately clean with multiple electrical outlets for different charger plugs, a great in-room coffee/tea selection, secure locks and windows, and a shower that stayed hot.

Regrettably, I did not use any restaurant or pool facilities but a walk through of the hotel seemed to indicate this property is well maintained. Hopefully, someday I can return in the summer during daylight hours and use their pool which looked incredibly nice.

I did not experience any issues with aircraft noise. An upper room facing Bath Road should provide a decent view of arriving aircraft if that is your thing.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 285Hryvnia

Dear 285Hryvnia

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us through posting your review on this website. I have shared your positive feedback with the Management Team and we are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay here with us.

We hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back soon and hopefully this time you will be able to use our restaurant and pool.

Kind regards,
Rooms Division Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Hilton London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!