Tripadvisor

Order Online
Ranked #13 of 118 Restaurants in Hayes
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Just stopped off here following a long train journey. Received menu and I asked if they did a mixed grill starter for one, as the menu only had it for 2. The waiter / front of house said yes they did so I ordered that together with a main. Cutting the story short when I came to pay the bill they had charged me for the 2 person mixed grill. When I queried this he said it was the only one they did. I asked why he had said they did it for one and he just shrugged his shoulders. I hate being lied to - and this was a clear rip off. My question is that if they lie like this to inflate the bill what shortcuts could they take with ingredients/ cooking to make extra money. There are plenty of good restaurants nearby- I would recommend you give those a try - this place doesn’t deserve custom.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank simone560
Write a reviewReviews (78)

Reviewed November 2, 2019

After a month travelling around the UK and on our last night before flying home to Australia we fell upon the Asha curry house. We quizzed the proprietor about the heat of his curries and he gave us verbal assurances that they would first class. And indeed they were excellent! Shame we couldn't go back for more. :(

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed September 24, 2019 via mobile

I came in here mostly because of the 5* food hygiene certificate in the window and I was craving a curry, I wasn't disappointed, I had chicken vindaloo, sag aloo and rice with a garlic naan, delicious.
A bit unimposing from the outside but the food was great and reasonably priced, I couldn't fault it.
Recommended.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 24, 2019

Curry was bland, oily and the chicken tough and hardly plentiful. It did not taste like a freshly prepared Indian dish, and my naan was soggy and tasted old. I would not eat this again. Staff were ok but if food poor then no point.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

I have eaten in this restaurant in the past and always really enjoyed it. This time was no different, food was excellent. However, I take issue with the fact that they no longer serve alcoholic beverages and are suggesting they are doing so for the health of their customers. I can make my own mind up about what is good for me or not.....Indian probably not the best choice food wise anyway!!!!

Date of visit: June 2019