I booked our room in advance and was able to get it for around 50 GBP. We flew in from Paris on a Sunday night and were leaving for NYC on Monday morning.
We used the Hotel Hoppa from the airport which was 4 pounds each or over $8 US. for a very short ride. My 15 year old was free. I suspect a cab may have been easier and cheaper as we arrived in terminal 4 and had to go to terminal 3 to get the Hoppa bus. It is a fairly long ride on the tube from 4 to 3. The next morning the receptionist told us we could catch the free city bus across the road from the hotel. This was a much better option, by far and I wish I had printed the details on the city bus before arriving. The city bus drops you at the bus depot area of the airport.
The hallways of the hotel were odd. Designed to look the the clapboards of exterior of a house the look hasn't held up well over the years. The hotel is round and there are two centrally located lifts. Our room was a fairly long walk.
The room had two twin beds and a rollaway. It was very tight with the rollaway set up. The bath was clean and the shower had good pressure. There were very nice towels, best of our 12 day trip. The room was very clean and had no off odors.
The room had the usual tea and coffee making supplies and ample toiletries. The internet access for 24 hours from the room was 15GBP or over $30. I only needed to check on my flight status so I opted for the 15 minutes for 3 GBP option in the bussiness center in the lobby. Breakfast was expensive also so we got food at the many shops in the airport.
For the price it was a great deal. I don't know if I'd use the hotel for other than an early morning flight from Heathrow because of its location so far out from London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn London Heathrow Ariel is located conveniently just minutes away from London Heathrow Airport. We are a short ride on the Heathrow Express from Central London. Being the first Airport Hotel at Heathrow we know what it takes to make it feel 'home from home'. We offer our guest's designed blackout rooms with double glazed windows to help with a good nights sleep and a fresh start before your meeting or a long flight. The Holiday Inn London Heathrow Ariel offers Airport Parking at very competitive rates. Either flying for business or leisure, you can benefit from our Park and Fly package All the bedrooms and the public area have Air Conditioning and standard Speed Internet Access. The Holiday Inn London Heathrow Ariel offers a fully equipped, purpose built conference centre for your meeting and training needs. The Airport Shuttle operated by BAA & National Express, Hotel Hoppa H6 runs to & from the hotel and Heathrow Airport terminals 2 & 3 and Hotel Hoppa H56 runs to & from the hotel and Heathrow Airport terminals 4 & 5 every 15 minutes everyday. Adult price is 4.50 per person one way. From Terminal 4, take the Heathrow Express (Free) to T2 & 3 and then take the Airport Shuttle as above. Secondly there is also FREE London Bus' available from just opposite the hotel to take you to terminals. (285,111,105,140) these four bus' will take you to Terminals 2 & 3. The (423) Bus will take you to terminal 5 and the (555 or 556) will take you to Terminal 4 for FREE. You can also get the (285) to Hatton Cross for FREE this is also a London Underground Station. All these FREE bus' also are FREE for coming back from Terminals. Thirdly we have Taxi's on call to take you to all Terminals, 2 & 3 is £10 and 4 & 5 £16 for a standard Taxi. Kids Stay & Eat Free* *Terms and Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel Hotel Hayes
- Holiday Inn Hayes
- Hayes Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel Hayes, UK - Greater London