“Best for access to and from Heathrow”

Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Hayes
Knoxville, TN
“Best for access to and from Heathrow”
Reviewed June 2, 2009

Arriving without a car made this the best hotel because of its easy access by public transport to LHR. The hotel for a short stay was excellent. Check-in was quick and courteous. After the room-in-a-box downtown London experience, the Ariel hotel room was BIG. The bathroom was larger than the rooms at the 3 downtown London hotels where I have stayed. The room was very clean; the bed was excellent; Sky with flat screen TV provided in room entertainment. A bus ride(Bus operates on a 24 hour schedule) with pickup about 100 feet from the hotel took me to Heathrow in about 6 minutes . District tube, plus Piccadilly, plus bus took me from Victoria Station to the hotel.
The area's amenities are limited. A small Co-Op grocery, a couple of pubs, a McDonalds are available within a short walk but the area is not scenic nor does it have other facilities.
It was my last night in the UK. I had had too much food and too many beverages so I didn't try the restaurant or the bar.
I will make it a point to choose this hotel whenever I need a handy place to crash after a flight over or before a flight back to the USA.
The Ariel had all the facilities I could have asked for in a hotel AND the inexpensive price was outstanding!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Rugeley, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2009

14 days car parking and one night stay at this hotel was unbelievably cheaper than travelling to Heathrow airport by public transport or paying for airport car parking. The hotel is on the Hoppa Bus route that serves all Terminals excpet T4 (train connection also need) Externally the hotel is circular in design - it's so close to the take off point on the main runway at Heathrow that the jet engine noise is incredible - I imagine you can even get high on the fumes from the aviation fuel. Inside the reception is modern and clean with an adjacent bar and restaurant - all very well maintained. Reception staff were on the ball and very helpful and friendly. The rooms are typical "Holiday Inn" except for size. Mine was tiny but contained every facility needed including arm chair, table, tea and coffee making, tv, and even a trouser press. The bathroom had a full size bath and excellent shower.Despite the closeness to the airport I didn't here the noise of one take off or landing - a really peaceful night! An ideal hotel for anyone needing to stay overnight in the Heathrow Airport area

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Dallas, TX
Reviewed May 24, 2009

Location: Just a few-minute taxi ride to the Heahtrow terminals (11 pounds), or 4 pounds on the Hoppa, but figure on 20-30 minutes. Just a few blocks away from ample convenience stores and ethnic restaurants, including Harlington Tandoori where I enjoyed an excellent Bangladeshi dinner.
Service: Excellent, prompt and friendly staff at the front desk.
Comfort: Fairly small room, but ample. Was initially disappointed, thinking that there was no in-room coffee and tea, but front desk informed me that it was hidden away in a cabinet.
Double-glass windows to help keep out the noise.
My room faced the interior so it had no view of the airport, but rather of the quite unattractive enclosed hotel facade. I’ll request airport view next time.
Food: 18 pounds for the dinner!!!!! Instead I walked a few blocks to the local Bangladeshi meal at Harlington’s.
Rate: Although the rack rate posted was an outlandish 275GBP, I got my room online at Holiday Inn’s site for a GREAT 34GBP (weekend). However, the Internet at the Business Centre cost 7GBP for 45 minutes!!
Special Touches: Hair dryer in the room.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank AAJetMan
pune,india
Reviewed May 13, 2009

good place to stay if using the heathrow airport. nice,cosy and pleasant. has a great view of heathrow and lovely service.

Stayed May 2006
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2009

We had an early morning check-in at Heathrow and just wanted somewhere close to the airport. We could not get there until 8pm but the room was waiting for us. It was a standard Holiday Inn room, very clean and quiet and good value at £51.70 for a hotel so close to the airport. We could have used the Hoppa Bus but decided to get a taxi for £7.50. Would definitely use again before an early flight from Heathrow.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Silbury
Lincolnshire, England
Reviewed March 30, 2009

My wife and I stayed here as we had an early flight to New York the next day and we wanted somewhere that also did car parking.

Check in was fine and our room was nice, a decent size and clean and tidy. We ordered some room service as we'd had a long drive and that was delivered in good time and was very nice. However, a few minutes after receiving it we were called by reception who said that because I hadn't swiped a credit card on my arrival I had to pay for the room service immediately and that someone would come up to the room to collect payment!

I was that shocked that they obviously thought that I couldn't be trusted until I checked out a few hours later to pay for our meals that I went down to reception to find out what was going on. Nobody knew. I was sent to the bar. The nice girl behind the bar didn't know anything and sent me back to reception.

After about five minutes I managed to get someone who was free, who I explained the situation to and they just took payment.

The hotel itself was fine but I just found this to be bizarre. They knew who I was, the room and parking had already been paid for - did they think I was going to do a midnight flit?!

One other thing to bear in mind is if you choose not to take the Hoppa bus (we were flying from T4 on an early morning flight and didn't want to mess about with a bus change) then you're looking at about a £15 taxi fare to the terminal (T4).

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 18, 2009

Hotel: Holiday Inn chain in airport area. Old hotel site, running for generations. Big comfortable lobby, reception and restaurant, all clearly updated, modern and clean, thanks to the Holiday Inn chain ownership. A clean solid simple choice for the business/leisure traveller staying at Heathrow who doesn't need a big room.
Rooms: Very small and reflective of the circular design of the hotel. Bed was small. Cable TV w/pay-per-view options. Bathroom clean, but small.
Location: Standard airport business park. Nothing to see, nothing remarkable. Old hotel site in operation for decades, as evidenced by historical photos on the walls.
Staff: Professional and friendly, quality training by Holiday Inn.
Restaurant: Good food, comfortable setting, typical of what you might find in the Holiday Inn chain. Like a sports bar. Room service was also quite good.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow

Been to Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel? Share your experiences!