Arriving without a car made this the best hotel because of its easy access by public transport to LHR. The hotel for a short stay was excellent. Check-in was quick and courteous. After the room-in-a-box downtown London experience, the Ariel hotel room was BIG. The bathroom was larger than the rooms at the 3 downtown London hotels where I have stayed. The room was very clean; the bed was excellent; Sky with flat screen TV provided in room entertainment. A bus ride(Bus operates on a 24 hour schedule) with pickup about 100 feet from the hotel took me to Heathrow in about 6 minutes . District tube, plus Piccadilly, plus bus took me from Victoria Station to the hotel.
The area's amenities are limited. A small Co-Op grocery, a couple of pubs, a McDonalds are available within a short walk but the area is not scenic nor does it have other facilities.
It was my last night in the UK. I had had too much food and too many beverages so I didn't try the restaurant or the bar.
I will make it a point to choose this hotel whenever I need a handy place to crash after a flight over or before a flight back to the USA.
The Ariel had all the facilities I could have asked for in a hotel AND the inexpensive price was outstanding!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn London Heathrow Ariel is located conveniently just minutes away from London Heathrow Airport. We are a short ride on the Heathrow Express from Central London. Being the first Airport Hotel at Heathrow we know what it takes to make it feel 'home from home'. We offer our guest's designed blackout rooms with double glazed windows to help with a good nights sleep and a fresh start before your meeting or a long flight. The Holiday Inn London Heathrow Ariel offers Airport Parking at very competitive rates. Either flying for business or leisure, you can benefit from our Park and Fly package All the bedrooms and the public area have Air Conditioning and standard Speed Internet Access. The Holiday Inn London Heathrow Ariel offers a fully equipped, purpose built conference centre for your meeting and training needs. The Airport Shuttle operated by BAA & National Express, Hotel Hoppa H6 runs to & from the hotel and Heathrow Airport terminals 2 & 3 and Hotel Hoppa H56 runs to & from the hotel and Heathrow Airport terminals 4 & 5 every 15 minutes everyday. Adult price is 4.50 per person one way. From Terminal 4, take the Heathrow Express (Free) to T2 & 3 and then take the Airport Shuttle as above. Secondly there is also FREE London Bus' available from just opposite the hotel to take you to terminals. (285,111,105,140) these four bus' will take you to Terminals 2 & 3. The (423) Bus will take you to terminal 5 and the (555 or 556) will take you to Terminal 4 for FREE. You can also get the (285) to Hatton Cross for FREE this is also a London Underground Station. All these FREE bus' also are FREE for coming back from Terminals. Thirdly we have Taxi's on call to take you to all Terminals, 2 & 3 is £10 and 4 & 5 £16 for a standard Taxi. Kids Stay & Eat Free* *Terms and Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel Hotel Hayes
- Holiday Inn Hayes
- Hayes Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel Hayes, UK - Greater London