“Superb Value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Hayes
Toronto, Canada
“Superb Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Booked this property via a last minute site and secured a room, all in, for under $40. Was obviously concerned about quality/ cleanliness etc. What a pleasant surprise. A clean, crisp lobby, super friendly and efficient front desk staff and a small but spotless room awaited me. Linens were fresh and crackly, mattress was perfect and the bathroom was spic n span with appropriate mini amenities. I had a glorious nights sleep and was in time for my flight using the Hotel Hoppa system. If convenience and great value is more important to you than large luxurious airport hotel rooms with eye- watering price tags, do not hesitate to stay here.

Stayed February 2014
Laura E, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we strive to offer great value for money and its refreshing to see this reflected in your review.

See you again soon- always remember to book direct for best rates!

Laura Eggleton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Bilbao, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

The hotel rooms are old. The staff at reception very bad. The only person who was very nice was Julia. Very helpfull, nice and professional.
THe photograms on the web were not the real rooms. This is not right!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review, we value your feedback to help us enhance the service we are offering. I was sorry to see you found some team members to be bad, I'd be grateful if you would contact me to discuss this further to allow me to investigate. I was however delighted to see your great comments relating to Julia.
With reference to the photos, I have just reviewed them all for avoidance of doubt and can confirm none of them are stock images and are all of our hotel.

Please do email me using laura.eggleton@ihg.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.

hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

The staff here are very bad they are so rude and unhelpful and give you the worst room 388 which is right by the runway and you will not get any sleep at all.
Reception tell lies and are running the hotel for themselves and between themselves I dont like to be shouted at when i check inn and told I have a quiet room when I spoke with the manager he screamed at me on the telephone that the girl beginning with a v had deliberatley given us that room. AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS I WOULD NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN AND WILL RECOMMNED ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY DONT EITHER !!!

Room Tip: Dont go to the hotel pleanty of lovely hotels in the area You dont have to put up with totally rude...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Laura E, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Its a real shame I wasn't available during your stay as I would really have liked the opportunity to speak with you personally.
I would like to assure you that our front facing, runway rooms are our executive bedrooms & are all triple glazed to prevent noise disruption. You were upgraded to an executive room on a complimentary basis to allow us to make up for the apparent shortfalls on your previous stay with us.
Given that we were unable to satisfy you once again, I do believe it is apparent the hotel is not suited to your needs and I would recommend you try one of the other up scale brands within the IHG brand family.

Please do contact me to discuss this further- I'd really appreciate your time.

Best Wishes,

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

There are several Holiday Inn's near Heathrow airport on the Bath Road. The Holiday Inn Ariel is the round one!!

This is a warm and pleasant place to spend a night before you fly out of Heathrow. Getting there from the airport is easy - use the regular bus and get off on the Bath Road right in front of the hotel. It is much cheaper and faster than using the hotel hopper.

The reception staff were friendly and helpful. Check in was fast and painless.

My room was compact but freshly decorated and very comfortable. They still charge for wifi so if that is important to you then stay elsewhere. I managed for a few hours with the data on my phone so was fine.

The bathroom was warm and cosy with a nice heated towel rack. Towels were big and thirsty which is great. Shampoo, shower gel and soap were provided. The water was hot and the pressure in the shower was great.

I skipped the restaurant as it was rather pricey for my taste. The bowling alley next door has decent food at good prices.

I slept like the dead and got to the airport in 15 minutes including walking across the street and waiting for a bus.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Greetings from the round one! Thanks for your review, I was delighted to read your informative feedback.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed here twice on the way to and from my holiday between flights. Very comfortable with very large beds in some of the rooms despite being right next to runway of Terminal 5 you never hear any of the flights taking off or landing from the rooms. on my second stay I was upgraded for free to an executive room which was an added bonus. The staff all very friendly and help full as I was travelling alone i didn't eat in restaurant but had room service and meals although a bit pricey compared to what I am used to were very good. would stay here again if travelling from heathrow

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your review, I was pleased to read your comments.
I am pleased we were able to upgrade you, we do try to upgrade as many of our guests as possible.

Always remember to book direct for our best rates, and we look forward to seeing you again when you next fly out of Heathrow.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

This place is cheap, and you get what you pay for. As others have said, the walls are thin and it's a noisy, crowded hotel.

That said, I've got a soft spot for the old Ariel. The location is great, and the breakfast is top quality.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the lifts as possible. Peple get up really early and crash around long b...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your review, I am glad you find us to be good value for money. Really pleased you've got a soft spot for us- See you again soon.

Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed here for one night in order to catch an early flight out of Heathrow. Our room was fine; small but clean and comfortable and our request for twin beds was met (I was travelling with my 25 year old son) The noise from the airport was minimal, elevators came quickly, reception ran efficiently and was friendly.

The young man on reception quickly gave me a voucher for free internet when I pointed out politely that what they wanted to charge me for their internet for the evening is more than my monthly charge at home for HIGH speed internet. The internet service at the hotel is very slow and so expensive; it feels like such a gouge and that spoils the experience a bit. Note: Everywhere provides free wifi in rooms and common areas these days, even little hotels in rural areas, so that is something the hotel needs to address.

The highlight for sure was the staff. Without exception friendly, kind and helpful. The Spanish ladies in the restaurant were extremely friendly and happy to chat with us (when they were not busy of course) and they have made our memory of our stay a very happy one. Food in the restaurant was very expensive (15 pounds for a less than average burger!) though my soup and other items were good.
Overall a good stay, and I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your great feedback, I would completely agree with your comments regarding my great team- I am exceptionally lucky to have such a fantastic work force.

With reference to the internet charges, I appreciate your comments and will pass on to relevant parties.

See you again soon!

Laura Eggleton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow

Been to Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel? Share your experiences!