“nice comfortable hotel. convenient for free buses to lhr”

Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Hayes
Reviewed November 3, 2013

bright clean comfortable reception, bar and restaurant. efficient "talking" lifts, clean and tidy rooms, some with runway view - small on inside of circle, larger (but not large) on the outside. third floor has rooms with mini bar. shower within bathtub. tv with many channels. usually quiet on the inside double windows remove most outside noise. ac and heating work well.

Room Tip: overlooking bath road if you like watching planes come and go, at the back if you don't. rooms o...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Laura E, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we value your feedback to help us enhance the service we are offering.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in the area.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Another overnight before a flight connection and this Holiday Inn seemed to be the nearest to Heathrow. Staff were very courteous and friendly in this large sprawling hotel.

Room was the usual Holiday Inn standard which was perfect for our short stay. Had breakfast in the dining room which always seems expensive at £16.95 each however service, with a chef, was 1st class and the food was fresh and better than average offerings we have endured recently.

£4 coutesy coach took us back to Heathrow.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn London Heathrow Ariel, we value your comments and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

For all those who like airplanes this hotel offers very close views to the runways and the taxi stands. I stayed on points (platinum card) was offered an executive room on the third floor with the exact view I wanted so I could watch the airport movements and the first morning landings of the heavies flying in. Your reception agent Joseph took really good care of me making sure all was going well. I enjoyed the morning coffee in the lobby. I was given a nice room, very well appointed with a comfy bed and good amenities, and spotless clean. I only have good things to say about my stay at your property. I will recommend it to my plane spotter friends visiting Heathrow Airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor, we value your feedback. I am delighted you were able to appreciate the great views from our front facing bedrooms of the runway.
I am glad we were able to offer you a complimentary upgrade as a valued platinum IHG rewards club member and we look forward to welcoming back to our hotel in the future.

Always remember to book direct for best rates!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

At the end of a holiday, what a great place to stay. I've never been to a hotel where all of the staff (and I mean all) are simply wonderful. Stayed a few nights to recharge. Should we travel to the UK again, we will certainly return to the Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Didn't look for a pool or spa.

Dear 54Lou,

Wow thank you so much for posting such a delightful review on Tripadvisor, we value your feedback.
My team work exceptionally hard to deliver outstanding service to our valued guests and I appreciate the time you have taken to recognise them in your review.

We hope you travel back to the UK again one day soon- we're looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Excellent reception, bar & breakfast staff; very friendly. Breakfast was excelle as were the bar snacks. Rooms very clean etc. Only downside during my visit would be the noise - not from the close proximity to the runway, but from the visiting (and poorly supervised) Olympique Marseille boys (?) football team. I doubt they'll make any comparable noise in the European league as they made in Middlesex tonight!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Laura E, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn London Heathrow Ariel. I was delighted to see you rate the hotel so highly, with the exception of our somewhat disruptive guests.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the noise disturbances. My team try to act upon any complaints immediately to try and prevent these comments arising as we do understand these rare occurrences are not appreciated by our guests.

I would welcome the opportunity to accommodate you at the Ariel again soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Probably like most guests, we booked this hotel due to an early morning departure at Heathrow. The room was clean, but nothing out of the ordinary. We had dinner in the bar area and it was better than I was expecting. So all in all it was OK. My big complaint is that there was what I consider to be an outrageous charge for wifi. Being from the United States, I was expecting free wifi which is the norm for this hotel brand in our country. We were charged 5 pounds (about $8) for one hour of internet use and would have increased if we had gone over the hour. My guess is this "just how it is done" by the airport where there is a captive audience of business travelers, but it seems a bit excessive to me. We traveled throughout the UK for almost four weeks and did not have to pay for wifi in any other hotel. Just a bit much.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura E, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn London Heathrow Ariel and for taking the time to review your stay with us.
I was pleased to see the hotel served its purpose and you were pleasantly surprised by our great dinner offering.

I was extremely sorry to see your comments regarding the charges for wi-fi and I would like to take this opportunity to assure you I will pass them to the relevant party.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This hotel is straight down the middle, the room I had was ok and all services including food are ok.

The location is very close to Heathrow so location wise it is good and you have access to the free Heathrow bus.

You are not too far from the main runway so you get great views of landings and take offs but also get to hear planes passing by at 6 in the morning.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor, we value your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future....do remember to book direct for best rates.

Laura Eggleton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4

Been to Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel? Share your experiences!