“Disappointed”

Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Hayes
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Old, noisy, not very clean, small rooms, poor space in the cupboard, Internet not included, no minibar at least with a bottle of water...staff ok
Although they seam to do an effort with the pillows they are very uncomfortable.
Impossible to sleep well, having the sensation the person next room is in mine...

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Barbara B
Laura E, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, we value your feedback to help us enhance on the service we are offering.

I was naturally upset to see that you were disappointed with your stay and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you personally. Please do email me using laura.eggleton@ihg.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Laura Eggleton

Write a ReviewReviews (1,698)

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Check-in was rather slow - not a good start, although I wasn't in a particular hurry. The receptionist, however, was very friendly and helpful. I was upgraded to an executive room which was on the outside (the hotel is a ring with (inevitably smaller) inner facing and outer facing rooms. Well furnished, in good condition and well supplied with bits & pieces - including soap in the bathroom.
Very good value offer for dinner in the hotel, which I took and had a meal which was, if not exceptional, perfectly adequate. A major step forward for Holiday Inn in the UK.
I slept well, the shower was good and the room dark - all basics for me.
My only quibble was the Internet - there is a free service for top-tier frequent guests but it was painfully slow. A typical IHG "gift" that's not worth anything.

Room Tip: Ask for an outer room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Laura E, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Ashley H,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we value your comments. I was sorry to see that you found our check in procedure slow; although naturally delighted that the receptionist was helpful and we were able to upgrade you to an executive room.
I was pleased to see your comments with reference to dinner and will be sure to pass these on to my F&B team.
I am sorry you were not satisfied with the speed of the internet and will be sure to pass this feedback to relevant parties for review.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Ariel due to an early departure the next morning out of Heathrow. The hotel is located just off the airport property, but getting to and back to the airport, although easy, isn't quick. You either have to use the Hoppa bus for 4.5 GBP each way or take a taxi. I waited 30-45 minutes once outside the arrival hall to get to the airport, if my timing would have been better maybe 20 if you walked out right when the bus arrived, better have good luck. The return was via the Hoppa as well, again reliable but plan at least a 30 minute ride once picked up to arrive at Heathrow. I planned accordingly and had no problems, and the 9 GBP RT is a good value.

The hotel is older, but I found it clean and adequate for the one night stay. I can't see staying here if I was touring the city. The staff was great, very helpful and friendly. Was upgraded to an executive room, although it was still fairly basic , but had all you needed. Rooms are quite small, but again adequate. Typical English / European bedding, which I feel is comfortable. Overall the room did the trick and although I would probably stay at the Yotel inside the terminal, which I did on my way back, before staying here again, only because it was more convenient as I was departing out of terminal 4 and the Yotel is inside Terminal 4.

I didn't eat at the hotel but did have a drink, the bar area was nice and comfortable and again the staff very nice.

Overall, it gets a good recommendation from me, but check out other options if convenience is what you are after.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Laura E, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, your comments help us to ever enhance on delivering a great experience for our guests.
I was delighted to see you were upgraded to one of our executive rooms, and found my wonderful team to be helpful and friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future- please remember to book direct for our best rates!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Clean and well kept room. A bit small but it was a single. Good location to Heathrow airport via free hoppa bus. There at four buses to take and each on an every 20 minute timeframe. I used the 111 and105 from Central Bus Station at the airport. Carpet looked new as did everything else. Choice of soft or firm pillow was a nice touch. Breakfast a bit expensive so I ate at the airport.

Room Tip: Inside of the circle as the outside of on the road. Close to airport but flights stop at late night...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel, we very much value your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We use the Ariel about 4 times a year, when flying from Heathrow. It is in a perfect A4 position beside the airport & great value for money if you pre-book. Where else in London can you get comfortable beds, great buffet breakfast, with fresh cooked items to order (starting 6am), & cheerful happy staff under £60. Many staff have been there for some years, which speaks for itself in the London jobs market.
One point to watch is parking as spaces always seem to be full & it sometimes hard to find a space so it is advisable to use the bus if you can.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms face inwards & carry odd room numbers. As building is circular, they are smaller &a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura E, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor, we value your feedback. As a regular guest at our hotel, we were delighted to see you rate the hotel 5/5.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night while visting London and found it quite nice. The breakfast and service was great. I would stay at this hotel if I went to London again if passing through. If going into London , one can go back to the air port via free city bus and then take tube into London for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank theodore l

Thank you for your taking the time to review our hotel, we value guest feedback to help us enhance the service we are offering.
I was delighted to see you found the service and the breakfast offering in the hotel "great".

We are ideally located for London Heathrow airport as you suggest, however also ideal with great transport links to the city as mentioned in your review.

See you again soon!

Best Wishes

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I called in here about 2 months ago, and wanted to find out how much a room was and there was a night manager in a grey suit who was busy at time, he looked over saw me at the desk and completely ignore me, i waited 20 minuted without any one helping me, on way in I also noticed their were stains on carpet, Obviously they don't need the business, well good luck to them,

stay here if you like to be ignored

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank lisa k

Dear Lisa K,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Naturally the comments in your review were a concern to me and I would like to discuss them with you further to allow me to investigate with my team.
Would you please be so kind as to email me with your details using laura.eggleton@ihg.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Laura Eggleton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport

Been to Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel? Share your experiences!