“great location”

Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Hayes
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The hotel has a perfect location,the service great ,food good,clean and overall good value for money

• Stayed: August 2011
Ariel_Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn London Heathrow-Ariel.

Your compliment about your stay, service & overall experience is appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Wayne Bowring

Write a ReviewReviews (1,681)

Reviewed August 15, 2011

I got an excellent welcome, being a priority Gold club member gave me a free upgrade and even a free drink at the bar.
Room are clean and modern, flat TV, mini bar, tea maker and choices of pillows. Newspaper delivery and cosy Bar and restaurant.
I would also expect a free wifi, but for 58 pound I could not ask for more.
Free bus runs to the LHR terminals, no need to pay for the Hoppa Hotel Bus(4.50)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank ciply
Ariel_Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2011

Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Holiday Inn London Heathrow-Ariel.

I was delighted to read that you had an excellent stay & it was good value for money.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Hotel located close to airport but it doesn't impact your sleep. Unfortunately, it's quite old and needs to be modernized. Staff seems to be quite new, mainly in reception, but frindly and helpful althought made few mistakes. I was almost late for my plane but there was only one receptionist at 5 in the morning- it's not his fault. Terrible staff in the restaurant- careless. Food quite fine.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Tarja-n18
Ariel_Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

The hotel celebrated being open for 50 years last year. There is constant & significant works being carried out in various parts of our hotel, as part of our on going works to continuously improve & maintain the hotel.

My sincere apologies that restaurant staff were not professional in their quality of service to you and they will be made aware of your comments.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and hope you will reconsider in choosing Holiday Inn for your future travel needs.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

We chose to stay at this hotel because of trip advisor reviews and location. We drove here from Germany; so we went straight to stone henge then back tracked to the hotel and checked in. It's halfway between stone henge and London, a straight shot. The bus stop to the airport is across the street from the hotel and we were able to catch the tube (40 min quiet ride) into London for 7 pounds. With this same ticket we were able to get on any tube route for the day. All the sites were perfectly lined with the tube route so we found everything perfectly. We were hardly at the hotel (went into the city early morning, returned late at night). The lounge/bar area was comfortable and clean. The hotel room was small but serviceable, excellent for it's purpose and value. The business district near the hotel was nice with lots of options for dining that could be reached by car walk or bus. The only con was the staff at the front desk was unhelpful and there were no brochures for local attractions or city maps like you expect at hotels in tourist areas. The hotel staff only told us where the bus stop was for the airport- that's it! We winged it and took the bus and found the tube. The clerk at the service desk at the tube was super helpful. He gave us tourist maps with all the sites and the tube routes. He also advised what tube pass was the best value. Thank goodness for him. Overall great value. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank thetravelingmx

It was pleasing to read you found our hotel location excellent & your overall stay was of great value.

Your candid feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed August 4, 2011

My Wife & I stayed for 1 night in transit back home to Australia. Our travel agent booked this Hotel because it is so close to Heathrow airport.

The check-in was efficient and the staff very friendly. Our room was very well appointed and spacious, with the only issue being the unbelievably hard mattress. However, you actually had a choice of different pillows.

We went downstairs to have a drink in their very pleasant Lounge area. Again, the staff were lovely. For dinner that night we decided to use the Hotel restaurant, and it was very good food, atmosphere, and service and reasonably priced.

The next morning we had one of the best breakfasts we had in our time through Europe. The choice of hot food alone was amazing.

The only other complaint is that you have to pay to use the internet, even though we had our own computer. These days internet access is almost always free in good hotels. However, when I raised this with the Duty Manager and said I only wanted to use it to do an on-line check-in, she kindly allowed me to use a terminal at reception.

To Heathrow terminal 3 there was flat rate of A$10 for a taxi. Very good value and booked by reception.

We would definitely recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2011

This is a good value hotel close to Heathrow. The Ariel is within the Heathrow free zone and there a bus stop right in front of the hotel, which allows you to avoid the expensive Hoppa bus service. The rooms were smallish, but the bathroom was clean and had the expected amenities such as shampoo and shower gel (items you only notice when they are not provided). There is a bright and comfortable lobby bar that offers a decent selection of beer and ales on tap and there is free wifi throughout the hotel. Very friendly and efficient check-in and check-out. I would have no hesitation about staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Anonymous621
Ariel_Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2011

Thank you for compliment about your stay at the Holiday Inn London Heathrow-Ariel.

It was a pleasure to read that you found our staff friendly & professional . Your candid feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

I stayed in this hotel after a working weekend with meetings all day. I decided to get a room near the airport to get a good nights sleep before flying home. The choice of this hotel was a huge mistake. Guests arriving around midnight woke me up the first time, guests leaving or arriving around 4 am, the second time and when the cleaning staff decided to discuss their strategies for cleaning the rooms on my floor just outside my door about 7.15, I gave up on sleeping. This was not some distant murmuring, I could follow the conversation of the people involved, as if they were standing over my bed. As a result I was exhausted before my trip even began. I would not recommend this hotel to people who want to sleep.

The reception staff was friendly but when I asked about shuttles to the airport I was not told about the free shuttles some have mentioned on this site, only a bus that cost 4 pounds. It was not mentioned either that it costs 4 pounds at the hotel but 4.50 from the driver.

The room was clean and the reception looked nice. The breakfast was OK.

Getting there was a hassle, first taking the train to the airport and then waiting 30 min for the bus and then about 15 min on the bus. And then the bus back to the airport the day after. The next time I will get a hotel in London and only take the one train which leaves every 15 min and takes only 15 min.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Disa2011

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn London Heathrow-Ariel which resulted in a sleepless night.

I have asked my Housekeeping Manger to reiterate to her team the importance of keeping quiet in corridors & to discuss their strategies in the office. As to the disruption of guests arriving at all hours of night/early morning was most unfortunate.

The reception team are also aware of your displeasure with regards to not being informed about the ‘free bus’ & shuttle bus costs being cheaper at reception than from the driver.

My apologies once again, we appreciated you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and hope you will reconsider in choosing Holiday Inn for your future travel needs.

Wayne Bowring

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4

Been to Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel? Share your experiences!