“Relaxing way to start and finish a holiday”

London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
United Kingdom
“Relaxing way to start and finish a holiday”
Reviewed July 13, 2007

Stayed at the Marriott Heathrow for two nights, one at the start of our holiday and one when we returned from Mauritius.

Hotel is very modern and recently constructed, all furnishes and carpets look (and smell) brand new.

Hotel room is very comfortable, bed and pillows extremely comfortable.

Fitness suite and pool are excellent, very large pool for a hotel, lovely Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room.

Had a meal and drinks in the American style restaurant on site and found this to be very good (Fairly Expensive) there is also an Italian restaurant on site but we did not try this.

Staff very polite and efficient.

Would highly recommend this hotel and if we are ever using Heathrow airport in the future we would not stay anywhere else. A great way to start and finish our holiday.

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank parny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, UK
Reviewed May 22, 2007

We were looking for somewhere to stay the night before flying out on our honeymoon and so obviously wanted somewhere decent to stay.

After much research we decided on this hotel and got a great deal for a 1 night stay and 15 nights parking, booked through Holidays Extras - I think it was about £100.

We were very pleased with our choice. The hotel was large and modern with a number of restaurants. The room was an excellent standard, everything seemed very new and shiny! The bed was extremely comfortable and we got a good nights sleep before our flight.

The staff were excellent : we checked in quickly and registered our car there for the 2 week stay very easily. The concierge was also extremely helpful and friendly regarding a number of things like taxis, directions, and the fact that we managed to lose our ticket for the carpark whilst we were away!

We had a quick evening meal in the restaurant, the food was fine, and the service very good. There was just something a bit 'depressing' about eating in the restaurant, but then I guess that is just the nature of eating in a hotel at an airport I guess! We had a good laugh about it though.

Overall, we were very happy with the hotel and couldn't find fault with it at all.

• Stayed April 2007
6 Thank Callia
Tenby, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott the night before we flew from Heathrow. We booked it with 15 nights parking included. The hotel is very easy to find and has the hotel hoppa bus every 10 - 15 minutes to take you to the relevant terminal.

We arrived quite late but the reception staff were very efficient and friendly. The room itself was lovely with a huge, comfortable bed. We ordered room service, which arrived in the quickest time I've ever experienced and the food was lovely.

Check out was quick and we could book our hoppa tickets at reception.

On returning from holiday after a 12 hour flight we found our car battery was flat - we asked the concierge whether they had jump leads and within 2 minutes he was in the car park helping us.

All in all a very relaxing start to the holiday and a great service right to the end. I'll be back the next time i have to fly from heathrow.

• Liked — service, rooms and great location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank JJ25
Herefordshire
Reviewed May 17, 2007

Bookended our honeymoon with 1 night stays at this hotel.
Like many other travellers from the UK I signed to an inclusive parking package at this hotel that gave 1 nights acommodation and 15 days free parking. Very worthwhile.
The parking itself is not at the hotel. Drop your bags off and then drive about a mile and a half round to secure parking (I was given an excellent map by the concierge and it was easy to find, perched right at the end of the heathrow runway). Getting back from the parking lot is more of a problem - you would have to know the number of the local buses that stop and go past the hotel, get an airport bus to heathrow and then a bus back to the hotel (about an hour and half) or do as I did and walk back to the hotel (about 20 mins at a comfortable pace).

The hotel was everything we wanted, I think we had an executive room because we had complimentary fruit. Beds very comfy and decor was pleasant. Leisure club has a 4 person jacuzzi, a small pool and sauna and steam room together with a well equipped weights room. Never got crowded whilst we were there (it was 10pm) but I can imagine that it could very easily crowd at peak times esp as there is negligible seating space around the pool. We were pleased that it stayed open until 11pm.
The service from the concierge was excellent, booking us a very nice 5AM taxi to the airport and being helpful with directions.
On our return we landedearly morning after missing two nights sleep so we booked a room. The prospect of hanging around until the 2PM checkin time didn't fill us with glee but unexpectedly the hotel had a room available for us from our arrival at 8AM - we were very grateful and mightily impressed with that service.
We didn't eat our evening meal at the hotel but followed advice off this site and found the Pheasant Pub 10 mins walk away. Huge portions with a good averagely priced (as opposed to marriott price) menu and a pub disco on the saturday night!!
Downsides - Walking throught the entrance atrium filled with cigarette smoke. Buffet breakfast not particularly good value, a limited choice of fresh fruits/cereals/breads and hassled waitering staff. Minor gripes however, would stay again as long as I could get the cheap parking package.

• Liked — late opening of leisure club; Taxi used to airport; proximity to airport
  • Disliked — Smoky atrium; expensive breakfast
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Volvo1111
Falkirk
Reviewed May 7, 2007

Stayed here over the May holiday weekend. In London for a family break, travelling with husband and a 13 year old. Hotel staff were extremely nice and very polite. Our room was roomy and had just been renovated. Of particular note are the beds which are so comfy that a good nights sleep is almost guaranteed. Liked the leisure facilities. Pool is very clean and well maintained. No signs of grubbiness (I,m a bit of a stickler about this). Breakfast was of a good standard, chef happy to whip up an omellette if that's what you want. Restaurants are expensive though. We found alternatives fairly close by.

We used the local bus service to get about Heathrow and immediate environs. Major bonus is that these are free!!! Hotel Hoppa bus is £4 per adult. Why pay when you can get for nothing (you'll gather I'm Scottish!) Mind you, I can understand that a high powered business exec won't want to get on board a double decker to get from the airport!

• Liked — Beds
  • Disliked — Smoking allowed in public areas - I'm Scottish where this is against the law
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank Ling-tosh
Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2007

I stayed here for 2 nights - none consecutive in early March.
This is my 4th or 5th stay over the past four years; and the level of service has been (to date) consistently good or better.

The 1st night was in one of the renovated rooms; while the 2nd was an as yet un-renovated room. The renovated room was definitely nicer (and better) than the none-renovated room (which was generally tired and had seen better days), but still very acceptable.

The hotel is well run; the rooms are clean and the service is generally “on the ball”. It is also convenient for early morning flights out of Heathrow. Also, I happen to like their restaurant - The Tuscany - it is on the expensive side, but I find both the service and the food to be very good and the atmosphere very relaxing after a long day (usually of traveling or business).

Will I stay here again - definitely. In fact I’m booked to stay again in June; but am realistic enough to realize that not all stays are the same. My only beef is the fact that they still allow smoking in the main lobby area. As a tip: a taxi to the airport terminals, may well be quicker and cheaper than the Hotel Hopper, especially if there are two or more of you.

• Liked — The location and the restaurant - The Tuscany
  • Disliked — They still allow smoking in the hotel lobby area.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Another_Visitor
South Pole
Reviewed May 4, 2007

My partner and I stayed here for one night on a layover and felt that the property fully met our expectations for a four-star Marriott. The room was of a standard size for a newish, 4-star and came with contemporary furnishings, a very comfortable king size bed, and the desk, sitting area and medium-sized bathroom that come standard with international business-class hotels. It should be noted that the Marriott is relatively new, and the decor nicely reflected added attention to design elements, including dark coloured woods, black granite table tops, nifty reading lights and boutique-style lamps. The king size bed was also noteworthy, with Marriott taking a cue from the introduction of specially designed beds and bedding at key competitors including Sheraton, Westin and Sofitel. The bed was softened by a comfy mattress cover, had a full 5 pillows (which I loved), and also included an additional flat sheet between the duvet and bed- something not always seen at European hotels. Though the bathroom amenities were not particularly comprehensive, with just moisturizing lotion, shampoo/conditioner/bodywash all-in-one and bar soap provided, they were of a high quality and pleasurably scented. The only minor complaint I have with the room, was the relatively small size of the window, which seemed peculiar considering the hotel was built within the past 10 years. That said, I suppose most people staying at airport hotels don't really concern themselves with looking out the window.

The service was above average with staff always referring to me as 'sir' or by my last name and promptly completing my requests, whether it be looking up flight information or providing change. The Marriott also has a very convenient one-touch 'at your service' call button on the phone for all requests, a feature I am finding with increased commonality at 4 and 5- star hotels.

My only complaint is with the airport shuttle. While the shuttle did come on schedule every 15 or 20 minutes, I was outraged that it was not complimentary but rather charged 4 pounds per one-way journey. Considering that it cost me 1.80pounds to travel across the entire city on the tube, to then have to pay 4 pounds just to travel less than 1km away was a shock. As I had to go pick my partner up at Heathrow later in the day, together, we ended up spending a cumulative 24 pounds just on the airport shuttle.

Overall, the hotel is a perfectly acceptable place for a layover, and while there is little to really rave about, there is also very little to complain about either. In short, at the London Marriott Heathrow, you can count on prompt and professional service, a clean and newly decorated room, a comfortable bed and good quality amenities. As for value, we managed to book this hotel for US$100/night on priceline, so pretty good!

• Liked — Service was quick, professional and accommodating and the room and bed met my expectations
  • Disliked — The exhorbitant charge for the airport shuttle.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tanagan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to London Heathrow Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!