“Good but get a good rate online”

London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 30, 2006

Stayed one night and found this hotel to be well worth the extra £10 it cost over the 3star budget style airport hotels at the £50 level. Make sure however you surf for a few minutes as I almost paid the Marriot On line rate of £82 before I booked with another online agent that offered the same basic double room for £61.Another reviewer mentioned the Hotel Hoppa fiasco. I completely agree. The waiting area etc is a disgrace. National Express the operator offer a return ticket for £5 as opposed to two £3 singles. However they make it so difficult to purchase a return I don't know why they bother.A taxi would be £10 and unless your on your own or really on a tight budget this has got to be the best option.

• Stayed: January 2006
5  Thank AllanWanderlust
There are newer reviews for London Heathrow Marriott Hotel

Reviewed January 6, 2006

There are many hotels in the Heathrow vicinity but we decided to stay at the Marriott on Hayes Road. This will be short and sweet.
5 star everything.
Pay the extra and enjoy this magnificent hotel, albeit I guess most stays are just for one night, this hotel was outstanding.

5  Thank no818528
Reviewed December 8, 2005

This is a good hotel, its a Marriott and its no different to many of the hotels on the strip, but when I stayed they had a Christmas party on the 1st floor, I was on the 3rd and my walls where pulsing with the sounds of the noise below 2 floors up!
I complained to the night staff but was told the party was finishing at 1 am. I chose to stay at a LHR airport as I had to be up at 6 for an early flight...what a waste of time and money, hardly slept a wink. Now I have no doubt when there are no parties going on then I would have had a good nights rest, but please beware, check if they have any large parties going on before you book, if they have book elsewhere.
Dining was ok I ate in the american diner and paid £190 for 7 of us whicj including drinks was not too bad.
I was on a b&b basis but did see a group of 4 who weren't the staff were trying to charge them £60 for fruit and coffee!...so check what your rate includes and what breakfast costs.
Having said all this I am staying there again in March 06...better be no parties on or I'm pulling out the plug!
Lastly don't use the hotel hoppers they are an expensive joke, it took me longer to get to the hotel than my flight did to LHR, bus tickets are £3 each so cost me £6 for my wife and myself. I booked a cab back to T4, cost me £10 hotel arranged it and was about 10 mins, the bus was 1 1/2 hours. Next time I will pre-book a cab to collect me from the airport...no way am I taking the bus, the staff, useless, arguing amongst themselves, driver tried to give my case to someone else, they are an embarrassment to the UK.

• Stayed: December 2005
7  Thank burnig
Reviewed November 16, 2005

This is my third time staying at the Heathrow Marriott in the last 18 months. The primary reason to stay at this hotel is proximity to Heathrow and or business.

It is very easy to get the hotel from Heathrow. Just ask someone for directions to the "Hoppa Bus". The Hoppa buses are constantly going through the airport and surrounding hotels, dropping off and picking up customers. A ticket costs $3 pounds, which you can purchase from the driver w/cash or from a machine that takes credit cards and cash.

The Hotel is very well maintained, check in is very efficient and staff are plesant. Early/late check in's/check outs are never a problem here.

There are several restaurants w/in the hotel all of which are adequate. However, I do agree w/a previous poster and agree that it is worth the savings to take a short walk over to the Pheasant for lunch or dinner. Just ask the concerige for directions. Another good restaurant but not in walking distance is Achari Indian restaurant, terrific curries if that is your thing.

My only complaints about are that I find the pillows far too firm and the mini bars do not chill the contents.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 20, 2005

• Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank Brian_Killgore
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Hilton London Heathrow Airport

Been to London Heathrow Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!