“Just watch what you book”

London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Booked into the Marriott London Heathrow , prior to our departure to the USA , as we wanted to see London ,then increased our stay time to three days , although our room was OK , it was disappointing that the only Wi-Fi was in the Foyer so had to leave our room travel down amongst in/out going Pax find a seat , or stand , make your connection then Don't move , , Three days well we can put up with that , Resturant well The menu had no flair after waiting some time for our soup , and noticing that other tables had been served , asked what the problem was , Whoops our soup had gone to another table , no worry waiter removed soup from other table ,( that had ben tried ) and placed in front of us , including his thumb in the now cold soup , , enough is enough , said we would eat somewhere else , he recommended a Pub a short walk away ( Great and top food ) , Informed us that Staff always recommend this eating House , day one over looked forward to Breakfast , very good ,, But on the second Day Told no Breakfast till we pay for it ? , only the first Morning free ,? FREE all through the Uk when booking I always booked for Bed and Breakfast , had I booked every day indevidualy then Breakfast complimentary , Im a ITO I know when Im getting ripped of , , again out for breakfast , whilst waiting for our friends decided to have a Coffie , another mistake , although Hotel Marriott Airport having a national Franchise staff had had no training on the product , Checking out was also a delima ,but after a stern talk with the Duty Manager ( House Manager not available ) an Apoligy was forthcoming . this Hotel could be one of the best , but I informed them problems start from the Top , Staff readerly agreed . This is the first negative report whilst traveling throught England

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank grumps2_11
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us; I would truly appreciate it if you could e-mail me directly at farrah.azam@marriotthotels.com with your contact details, in order for me to discuss this further with you.

There are newer reviews for London Heathrow Marriott Hotel

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Hotel is 5 min from Heathrow airport. Shuttle bus (5 quids) runs regularly. Looked recently renovated. Rooms are very comfortable. Wifi is fast. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. A bit expensive but this is London.

1  Thank uswmnj
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Thank you so much for your review of London Heathrow Marriott; we love your tag line - "friendly staff and comfortable rooms" - they certainly are the key elements to a brilliant travel experience!

I do hope we can welcome you back to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I am a frequent traveler and don't remember ever experiencing this type of service--from everyone at the hotel. I stayed twice in two weeks and was treated as an old friend when I returned--front desk (Sonia); conceriege (Vicaz); restaurant (Kasha). Excellent sound proofing as advertised--lovely beds, very clean. Executive club is a nice retreat.
Marriott, this hotel (and the Residence Inn, Duke St., Old Town Alexandria) are examples for others! They are why I rely on Marriott for reliable quality on my frequent travels.
Also, generous and delicious breakfast. A large buffet so no waiting or you can linger if not in a hurry.

Room Tip: My room looked into the lobby which is alittle stange but it was quiet.
1  Thank rosied8181
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Thank you so much for your very complimentary review of not only our hotel, but our valued hosts! We will ensure your commendations are relayed to them, and their brilliant service recognised.

It is wonderful to have provided a welcome retreat for you during your busy schedule of travelling, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I booked the London Heathrow Marriott hotel for the last night of my recent trip to Europe so that I can go Heathrow airport easily the next day.

It was a very nice stay for me, as I had stayed in a tiny room in London for several nights before this. The room are big, clean; the king size bed are very comfortable; and the bathroom is roomy. There is no wi-fi in the room, only wired internet, but the lobby has plenty place to sit if you want to use free wi-fi there.

bus 423 from airport will take you to the hotel free of charge, or you can take the hotel hopper bus (#53) from airport.

I will definitely stay here again next time if I need to stay in the airport area.

One more thing, there is another Marriott hotel (Heathrow/Windsor Marriott), so make sure you double check the hotel name before you book or jump on the hotel hopper bus.

1  Thank picturejoy

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us!

We are delighted to have provided you with an enjoyable stay for your last night here with us in London; indeed, many guests appreciate our large guest bedrooms and bathrooms, with much room to work, relax and socialise!

Thank you for your tip regarding the National Express service from Heathrow Airport; there is indeed another Marriott within close vicinity to ours, and so it is Hoppa service H53 and H3 which serves our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Reception was very friendly - The rooms are oversized compared to most European rooms.

The amenities were all there ...The Italian restaurant wasn't very good - and it was overpriced.

The internet service at the hotel sucked ..
I suggest NOT taking the bus to / from the airport - just take a cab,

I would definitely stay at this property again..

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to the Executive area
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thank you for your review and compliments rearding our staff; it is certainly one of our highest priorities to provide a warm welcome and briliant stay to each guest staying with us!

I would truly value your specific feedback regarding your experience in our Tuscany Ristorante, as well as your internet service; please contact me directly at farrah.azam@marriotthotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you, and welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I was disappointed in this hotel. It may be adjacent to the runway, but it is nowhere near the terminal. Getting there is a logistical nightmare. There is a bus that will take you there for £4.50, but there were easily 75 people in line, and the bus makes numerous stops, so we opted for a taxi since we had been traveling for a long time, it was late, and we were exhausted. Problem is, the fare isn't quite high enough for a cab driver to want to take the job, so I had to bribe the cabbie with the promise of a big tip after being refused a couple of times. Once at the hotel, the bed was awful - sunken in the middle like a hammock and terribly lumpy. The only saving grace was a good air conditioner. The a/c is the only reason this property got two stars rather than one. I would definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank David B
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the London Heathrow Marriott; it is so disappointing to hear that your stay with us was not satisfactory. I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me directly at farrah.azam@marriotthotels.com, in order for me to investigate this further for you and provide a resolution - we surely want to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Outstanding service. The front desk and lobby act in concert like a mechanized orchestra moving business travelers and airline flight crews efficiently into and around the hotel. As a business traveler and Marriott rewards member, you gain access to an executive lounge, with all the amenities you might need to conduct effective and comfortable business whilst in London, with personal internet access, free breakfast and dinner buffets, wines, beers, coffees, Tess. Enjoy the Marriotts restaurants and pubs, and you feel like you are dining in an upscale, elegant restaurant, with 5star service and delicious meals prepared by personal chefs. For happy hour, we had some bangers and mash, Bodingtons and wines in the Executive Lounge while we caught up on email traffic. We watched the FIFA World Cup games at Sevens Pub and dined on sea bass and prawns, paired with smooth Bordeaux style wines at the Tuscany Restaurant. We were delightfully surprised with an excellent evening without even leaving the lobby. The next morning, it was an early quick stop in at the Executive Lounge for a snack of lox and bagels, coffee and juice, while we responded to emails. Then into the gym for a workout, back to the room for a morning shower, then back down to Annie's American Cafe for a full breakfast be fir heading out to our London meetings.

2  Thank JLPage

Thank you for your delightful review of London Heathrow Marriott!

It is a pleasure to provide a warm, welcome atmosphere, and our aim to be perceived as a second home, particularly for our regular guests who stay with us so frequently!

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us very soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Hilton London Heathrow Airport

Been to London Heathrow Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!