“Good for a one night stay”

London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Have stayed there for one night betwwen flights.
The company i consult to booked this hotel for me, however when i checked-in at Midnight the receptonist ask for ID which i didnt have as Im from a consulting group not direct corportae employee.
Then he suggested that i will call logistic ( at Midnight???) and then he suggested to charge me best aviable rate. after i express my concers and it was already close to 1:00am he agree to reduce the BAR price but not close to my cooprate rate. suprisngly after 45 minutes while i was sleeping he did call to appologize and agree to use the corporate rate and to send me water/fruit to the room - he found the reservation!!!
Any way beside this the hotel is an airport hotel by all meaning, clean room, decent size and good brekfast.
I do recomed to refurbish the bathroom and add more ementies.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for London Heathrow Marriott Hotel

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We last stayed in this hotel three years ago and really enjoyed the stay so had no issue booking it again. We booked a double double room advance rate without breakfast costing £93 for two adults and two children. The hotel hadn't changed much, a little more live in but that was to be expected. It is easy to get to from the motorway which is a great bonus when visiting London. We were going to Wembley for the FA Cup Semi Final and travel to the ground wasn't a huge issue. The parking costs £12 which they charge you for at check in. What wasn't advertised was that they will put a £50 hold on your debit card/credit card. It wasn't an issue for us but if you are travelling on a budget it could cause you a problem. This was put back onto the card three days later. The hotel is a mid size hotel, it has a nice pool and leisure facilities. In the lobby you can grab a Starbucks and there are three small eateries to choose from, however these are very expensive. The hotel is within a three minute walk of the local McDonalds but that is it. If you are an airplane spotter you can see them landing on the runway from your room or a quick walk across the road and you are at the perimeter fence. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. The rooms have tea and coffee facilities and the staff are more than happy to restock as you need it. Talking about the staff they are great, nothing is too much trouble for them. Check in was quick, efficient and delivered with a smile. The staff in the leisure facilities are just as nice and friendly. We really enjoy staying at this hotel, it has a good feel about it which I think is reflective of the staffs attitudes and how they deal with you. Would recommend this for anyone who is travelling from Heathrow or visiting London. It takes about 30 minutes on the tube to central London. Only down side is that there is no facilities for the kids, but that is expected really at an airport hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms seem okay, we stayed in a room overlooking the atrium which was a little dark. But gave us...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This Marriott is not going to knock your socks off, but its comfortable and offers a very professional staff. If you are flying in or out of the airport, its a very good location.....just a few minutes cab to the terminal. I had one meal there and thought it was fine....pasta with meat sauce and a salad. Just give it a try!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The Marriott delivers exactly what you are looking for in an airport hotel... efficiency, comfort, value. The shuttle to and from the terminals is fine and all from front desk to F and B are trained to fulfil the clients needs based upon their circumstances ..

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here for two nights prior to a flight back to the US. The hotel was accomodating, however looked like it needed a remodel. The good part was that the hotel was very quiet, not much plane noise at all. Our room was very basic, even though we were on the executive club level. All the doors in the hallway were knicked up and scratched, etc. The concierge lounge was just 'okay'. Very basic offerings, however complimentary beer and wine of an evening. I'd read on the internet prior to staying there that neighborhood restaurants were within walking distance. I'd asked about the Pheasant Inn and and Indian restaurant with high marks, Zahani. When I asked the front desk clerk about these, she said that they were 'way too far' to walk, that we'd need a cab, however our map showed us otherwise. Very easy restaurants to walk to. I guess that she was trying to force us to eat in the hotel? Anyway, the location is great to Heathrow and neighborhood bars! Next time, however, we will stay at the Renaissance, across the street. Seems to be a better kept property.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bocagrlz
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am in London a lot for business and usually stay next door to this property at the Sheraton the night before flying out of Heathrow the next day. I decided to try this as I have not been thrilled by the other. I am glad I did. It is on the same Hotel Hoppa System that most all hotels around the airport are on. BTW if you go to terminal 3 you can go to the bus waiting lounge and purchase your round trip Hoppa Tickets for 7 pounds and it is easy to use the machine there! You can use your charge card here as they do not take cards on the buses only cash. It is a confusing system at first but really it is not and it is easy once u get used to it. There is a sign by each stop telling you which bus serves which hotels. They are numbered with H# depending on which hotels and terminals they serve and for this hotel you need H3 for instance if you are using terminals 1 and 3. Anyway back to the hotel. From the moment I checked in the front desk was very friendly and helpful with amenities. She put me in a nice executive room. I am gold and I stopped by the executive lounge on the way to the elevators and it was nice with the usual drinks and eats and nice place to hang out. They served good desserts as well. The room was on the 4 th floor and I liked the halls as they were nicely decorated and clean. The doors are all wood and solid so they are quite. They can slam but I usually don't let that happen because I hate people who do. There was a sign in the hall stating they were changing all doors due to complaints so I assure they are addressing the issue. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable and soft. I hate the tubs/showers in Marriott's in the UK as they all seem to be elevated and very high to step in and out of but this property at least provided a bath mat for the inside as they are usually slippery and high up which to me is dangerous. The water pressure was awesome and temp adjustment. I then went to the gym and there were only 4 treadmills but one was open. There are signs saying please only use for 20 mins during peak times but that is BS. I am a runner and who runs for that short a time. They need more equipment and larger space. It was small and warm but the stuff was nice. The indoor pool was very nice. The highlight for me was eating in the lobby restaurant called Allie's Steakhouse. I wrote a separate review about that but I loved the food. They also have nice coffee shop and bar in lobby as well as another nice full bar called sevens sports bar with lots of good beer. Also there was an Italian Restaurant that had a nice menu. The lobby area is large and plenty of room to hang out and wait. I also liked that they have I think 4 or 6 elevators and they were fast and never waited long for one. The Sheraton also has large parties and conventions and can get noisy and I did not see that here as I think the set up of this hotel is better and has a separate area for this instead of in a courtyard area below the rooms. Anyway this was a nice clean property and I will stay here again and if you are deciding between the Sheraton and this one I would pick this as it is just a little nicer and has a bit more to offer in my mind. Happy Travels!

Room Tip: Top floor backside to avoid airport noise
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is the kind of hotel where you just want to crash for the night, recover from jet lag as much as possible, and be on your way the next morning. But this hotel doesn't provide a good rest. Although the rooms and bathrooms are a decent size, the bed was uncomfortable, lumpy and sagging. The hotel lobby seemed dreary and unappealing. The coffee shop doesn't open until after 6AM so there was no coffee available when I had to leave at 5AM for the airport.
The worst part is the "Hoppa" bus that runs every 30 minutes from the airpot to a bunch of hotels. On arrival, I had just missed it and had to wait outside in the freezing cold for the next one. Then, the bus ride was slow because of all the drop-offs. I don't recommend either the hotel or the "Hoppa" bus. Two weeks later when I was at Heathrow again on the way back, I stayed at the Sofitel, the only hotel that is actually in the airport and it was an enormous improvement, but that's for another review.....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Hilton London Heathrow Airport

Been to London Heathrow Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!