“My Stay”

Reviewed July 3, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Linda S
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

There are newer reviews for Ibis London Heathrow Airport

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We spent the first six nights of an eight week UK trip in this hotel. Although the king sized bed sounds good in the add, there was no space left anywhere in the room to put two suitcases.

The staff were unhelpful, and many seemed poorly trained. The reception staff were unhelpful, and couldn't tell us simple things like where the local shop was. When we requested to make a reverse charge phone call to our bank,, we were told we would have pay the full cost, when we questioned this we were told that the hotel's policy to make money, rather than help guests.

The bar staff did not know one drink from the another. The breakfast buffet was generous, but the hot food was all of a very poor quality. The food from the bar was overpriced and pretty vile. They had the same soup of the day every night, and even a simple ham and cheese sandwich had no butter and was served with some type of pretzel as garnish. Unfortunately there was really nowhere else nearby to eat in the evenings.

I would not recommend to anyone to stay here more than one night.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anita Q
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thank you for your comments, but I was sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your recent stay. At Ibis we aim to provide superior customer service to all our guests, and I am sorry for the shortfalls you experienced in the points highlighted. We treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and we will take your comments into account to continually improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Hilltopmerc

Reviewed June 28, 2014

OK, so it's a bed for the night. A comfortable bed but the room is worn and drab and I guess you get what you pay for. The staff are incredibly busy as people are coming and going all day and night, which means lots of queues and them not answering the phone. The thing that bothers me most is that it never really feels clean. The towels look as though they could have already been used, as do the pillows. I have stayed here several times recently because my company booked it for me but I wouldn't choose it for myself. Personally I preferred the one in Reading.

Room Tip: Stay in Reading instead!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Thank Helene Christin... P

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, but I am sorry for the shortcomings you have mentioned. My team and I strive to provide excellent service and cleanliness to all our guests and we will take note of your comments. I hope that you will visit us again soon, and I would be happy to discuss these points with you personally on your next stay.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night in June 2014. Basic, does what it says on the tin. The restaurant was lovely and had good pub grub at a reasonable price. The football was on and I felt comfortable eating on my own. Didn't try the breakfast.

Room was clean and quite. The bath was quiet small and no room service but that's just nitpicking really. Free wifi and reception gave me the code without even asking.

Shuttle bus to all terminals. Probably quite far if you're travelling from T5 but only 15 minutes on the bus for T1,2 and 3. Can pre book tickets on holiday extras.

Would definitely stay again next time I'm flying from LHR.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Georgeous097
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We decided to stay at the Ibis before our flight to Miami. It's easy to get to by car or taxi. The hotel is lovely and clean and you can get some great views from the runway. Our rooms were lovely, exactly what you need for a quick sleep before a flight, the beds were very comfy. On checkout you can drop your key in a box for quick check out which is very convenient if you're in a rush and don't want to wait around. The shuttle to the airport comes right out side and you can buy your tickets and check times in the reception area. a good value hotel for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LMG19

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

This hotel was 10 times better than I expected for the cheap price I paid. In a nutshell, the good points were:
1. My room was immaculately clean. And so was the rest of the hotel.
2. The lobby looked new and very modern with nice chill out areas.
3. FREE wifi (and a good connection!)
4. Friendly front desk staff.
5. £5 airport shuttle. (you can actually get a bus from Heathrow airport to the hotel which is cheaper than the shuttle - or maybe even free - and the hotel is around 3-5 mins down the road from Heathrow airport by bus)

The only downside was that when I went to the restaurant, all the staff were either not there or too busy to serve me...one staff member even told me that everyone was on a break (?!?) so I went to a hotel down the road to eat at their restaurant.

Other than that, this was the perfect stopover hotel and I would DEFINITELY return if need be.

Note: My twin room was very small...it was fine for me and my friend but anyone else who requires a lot of space I wouldn't expect much...
Also, when catching the shuttle, make sure you're there early or on time and make it clear that you're waiting for the shuttle... because the shuttle doesn't wait for long. It literally waited for 3 seconds then drove off because we weren't by the curb (we were just outside the hotel) LOL!

Room Tip: If you require a lot of space, ask if there's any big rooms because the twin room I was in was T...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank livinglifefun
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Richard Lee

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel

Been to Ibis London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!