“Functional and pretty good price for the room”

Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Small room but clean and very quiet (under the flight path). Food and drink was very pricey - as was the car park overnight. That said, if I have another 7am flight I will definitely stay at Ibis LHR again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CornishJanner
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you for reviewing the hotel. I am pleased that you had a good stay with us and found the room to be value for money. With regards to our Food & Beverage prices and parking tariff I can assure you that we reguarlly benchmark our prices with similar hotels in the area and our prices are very competative for the Heathrow area. I hope that you will visit us again next time you fly from Heathrow.

There are newer reviews for Ibis London Heathrow Airport

Reviewed June 8, 2014

By no means a criticism of the courtesy of staff or the quality of our room, but we were astonished that, whilst there is plenty of indoor signage to reach rooms and even to the ironing room on each floor, there are no signs to direct to either stairs or lift, or very importantly, the exit on each floor. This was frustrating, especially if in a hurry, without an emergency. Very surprised if, in the recent upgrade, this passed Fire Regs.
On another issue entirely, despite the extremely good behaviour of the party of school children that morning, breakfast was chaos. No fault of the staff who attended with enthusiasm and efficiency, but the whole set up for self service breakfast needs a rethink. Also a long wait for the only toaster.

Room Tip: Whilst we really appreciated the affect of the triple glazing and the Receptionist kindly arranged f...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
1  Thank Hilary B
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you for reviewing the hotel and sharing your feedback.

We do have directional signage on the corridors directing guests towards the lifts and main stairs, but I am sorry if you found this unclear. I would also like to assure you that we have five sets of emergency exit stairs all of which are illuminated with the green 'running man' fire exits signs which exceed the requirements of the Fire Reforms Act. We also have an evacuation map on the back of each bedroom door showing your room location and nearest emergency exit.

I am pleased that you were happy with the rest of your stay overall and I hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank triftravellers

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Had to stay 4 nights in a small room with less than a meter space between wall and bed where I found some leftovers from the previous guest. Bathroom was always smelly, the breakfast area often that crowded, that I had to share a table which often were not wiped. At the end they forgot to process my laundry which was handed back dirty without excuse :-((
Will definitely stay somewhere else the next time.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank World2Visit

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I will investigate the points you have raised with my team.. Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss this further.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I arrived as planned only to find a very long queue at the check-in desk. Clearly not enough staff or terminals. I approached the manager and asked where the priority check-in desk was as I am an Accor gold card holder. She told me there wasn't one as they didn't have enough computers. I waited my turn in line and eventually got to check in. I was offered a room with a view as compensation for the delay. When I got to the room it turned out to be just the same as every other time I have stayed at this hotel with the same view.

I went to the restaurant for dinner and was seated by a friendly member of staff. I ordered a starter and a main course. After approximately 15 minutes my main course arrived but I had not received my starter. I told the waiter and she took the main away. I then waited another 5 minutes and got my starter. It was average at best. After my starter I sat for 45 minutes and despite asking twice never received my main course so decided to cancel the order, went to my room and ordered takeaway pizza.

I would certainly advise people to avoid this hotel if travelling through Heathrow. There are much better budget hotels available.

A very disappointed Ibis regular guest.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
2  Thank DTA1975

Thank you for sharing your feedback but I was really sorry to learn of your dissapointing experience. I would like to discuss this matter with you in more detail and would be greatful if you could contact me at the hotel directly.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

This hotel is in a great location - just a short ride on the Hoppa bus from the airport.

From the outside and the reception, this hotel looks really nice. The corridors to the rooms look like a hostel or somewhere I stayed on school trips. Our double room was the size of a shoebox, but had new fixtures and fittings and a comfy bed. The bathroom, on the other hand, looked like something from the Victorian era and kind of unclean, with only two tiny towels for use after showering.

We got a good night's sleep until we were awoken before daylight by the people in the room above getting up and going to the toilet. Lovely. We had just got back to sleep when at 8am the maid knocked and barged into our room! We were checking out that day so confused as to why she wanted to be in our room at all before we'd left, let alone why that early. We were so tired after our late arrival the night before we forgot to put the 'do not disturb' on but as we were leaving that day we assumed we wouldn't be disturbed anyway.

After a pretty rubbish night I was glad to be going home. I'd only stay here again if I got a super cheap rate (we only paid £49 for the room but I wouldn't pay that again).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I like this hotel because its so close to the airport, the room is spotless, the bed is comfortable, the bathroom is clean, staff are very helpful, the bus to the airport is £4.50 in front of hotel every 30 mins..

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank betheljoy

Thank you for reviewing the hotel, I am pleased that you had a good stay and found the transport convenient. I hope that you will vist us again next time you stay at Heathrow.

Richard Lee

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel

Been to Ibis London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!