“Okay hotel, but no very knowledgable customer service”

Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersBronze level
Calgary, Canada
“Okay hotel, but no very knowledgable customer service”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I will start with the two problems I had there: 1) I asked for a taxi and the concierge on duty arrange that for you. I prepaid to the concierge desk 25.00 GBP. the driver after dropping me at Hillingdon Hospital, returned to me 5.00 pounds as he was over charging me. In my way home I paid 7.00 pounds as per that is the regular fee, according to the new honest driver. You see, they inflate the rates for their own benefit. Really bad service, you can trust them. if are staying there, get a cab by yourself without asking the concierge desk. 2) They don' t know how to place a call collect call and they charme for two calls a did to my credit car and my insurance company in canada. I provide the 905 number which is call collect automatically. but Still charged me 33.00 GBP and 23.00 GBP.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, and please accept my appologies if these issues marred your overall stay. The travel desk was provided by an external company however we have now stopped this service and appointed a new taxi company for guest transportation which I hope will offer better value fares. Regarding the use of calling cards, please note that only numbers begining with 0800 (UK Freephone) are free, and any other number will be charged at our standard tariff.

I hope that the rest of your stay was more satifactory, and that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to Ibis Heathrow again in the future.

Richard Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed here as get a discount rate. Good for what I paid, but wouldn't stay at full price. Ok to lay your head if up early for a flight but wouldn't recommend for a lengthily stay. Food ok and the waiting staff really lovely.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Longhaulhostie123
Thank you for the feedback, I hope that you will stay with us again next time you fly from Heathrow.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We booked here for an early flight from Heathrow. It was very practical choice for the airport. They offered a very reasonable taxi service from there. It was clean and the food was quite good although, obviously overpriced. The bed was comfy and it was relatively quite.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for shaing your feedback, I am pleased you found the hotel practical for your needs. I hope that you will stay with us again next time you are in the area.

Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed here three nights after dropping our camper at the port and returning to NZ.
We found this a great hotel at a reasonable price.
We took the FREE bus service from Heathrow central, several times, traveling in and of London.
This hotel is clean, the beds are very comfortable and the staff helpful.
Personally I found the temperature in the room very hot, so we opened the windows (two for soundproofing) which makes it extremely noisy being so close to the airport.
We had something to eat at the restaurant, which was OK... Funny enough the side salad I ordered was way nicer than the one from the main menu (at a fraction of the cost?!)
I would definitely stay here again when flying from Heathrow!

Room Tip: Take the sound proof rooms!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hieke W
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you had a good stay with us and found the hotel convenient for your needs.

For the benefit of other readers I would like to clarify that the free bus service is a local bus operated by Transport for London. The free buses run between Heathrow Central Station (T1 & 3) and Harlington Corner which is a 2 minute walk to the hotel - bus numbers 105,111 & 140 are free of charge. Alternativley the Hotel Hoppa Bus runs from every terminal directly to the hotel for a cost of £4.50 per person (Bus H6 from T1&3 and Bus H56 from T4&5).

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Room is lovely was a bit worried when my booking saidsingle bed as lone traveller but thebed was a double and very comfy. Work is being done in the hotel but apart from a few blasts of a drill it was not hat noisey. Only one lift is working though and takes a while plus is ounds very creaky and not very safe so will be using the stairs from now on. I had a drink in the bar that was very pleasant. I also atein the restaurant and thefood was lovely, its basic pub food but tasty.
My only critisism is the noise from thetoilet cistern, it is continuousnotjust when flushed and it does get abit annoying, butoverall hotel great for a one noght stay

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your experince of Ibis Heathrow. I am pleased that your had a good stay with us, and we have noted your feedback accordingly.

I hope that you will visit us again next time you fly from Heathrow Airport.

Richard Lee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel

Been to Ibis London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!