“Perfect Heathrow stop”

Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed pre flight from Heathrow and found the Ibis to be the perfect place for a one night stay, the rooms are nicely decorated and clean. For the £40 price paid for the double room you couldn't get much better. Also used the hoppa bus to get into our terminal the following morning, hotel is one of those where pick up takes place so again fulfilled the needs we had and reasonable at about £4 each. One thing to add is that the double windows keep out the obvious noise from the airport and surrounding roads, allows you to get good nights sleep before or after travel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank You for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis London Heathrow. I hope to see you again on your next trip.

Richard Lee

Write a ReviewReviews (4,562)

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Hi I have just booked the Ibis London Heathrow Airport Hotel once again for my next transit through to Dublin. I have to express my joy when viewing and comparing prices of hotels in the area to once again find the Ibis to be the best value for money around. This will be my 3rd or 4th stay at this Hotel and I have found it to meet all my needs when travelling. The rooms have always been clean, comfortable and quiet considering the closeness to the airport. After a long haul flight landing at Heathrow can be challenging for a person with arthritic knees. On my first stay at the Ibis I discovered the shuttle service that picks up passengers just at the end of the airport arrival terminal (go out the front doors and turn right and at the end of the terminal is the pick up and drop off point). For a minimal cost of a few pounds it takes you to and picks you up at the front of the Ibis Hotel.The service runs from early morning to late evening on the half hour, giving travelers plenty of time to catch their next plane. The hotel offers breakfast at a small cost or you can access the dining restaurant for meals and bar day and night. the staff are always helpful and check in is smooth. This is a very busy hotel and sometimes you have to wait to book in if a large group beats you to the desk but other than that its ok. I have booked directly online with the Ibis and used Booking.com I recommend both. I have booked months ahead both ways and have had no problems on arrival and its much cheaper to book ahead of time. I highly recommend this hotel especially when transiting through Heathrow.

Room Tip: As a solo traveler staying at this hotel I have found each room similar in comfort and quietness. I...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your kind review; it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from a satisfied guest. I am glad that you keep coming back, and we appreciate your loyalty to the hotel.

I am sure other readers will also appreciate your travel tips, especially regarding advance booking. Indeed we now offer a new Advance Saver rate exclusively on our own website which I hope will make you next stay even better value.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed here for one night with the family while on a business trip to the UK. Not the best Ibis I have stayed in. Staff were ok, friendly but not very efficient. The room was small and not very clean. Underneath the bed had not been hoovered in months which to be honest I found disgusting. Bar and restaurant areas were good. Breakfast was also good although I would have liked more of a choice of pastries as we don't eat a cooked breakfast. To be honest I don't think I would stay at this particular ibis again.

Room Tip: Book a room with double and single bed as these are the same price but room with single bed is a lot...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review, I am sorry that on this occassion you were dissapointed with your stay. I can assure you that we take all feedback with the upmost seriousness and we will take appropriate action accordingly. If you wish to discuss your feedback in more detail, please contact me directly at the hotel.

General Manager.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Rooms: Very neat and clean. Calm. Easy access to the airport. very attractive from price point. Breakfast has a lot of options. stayed for 3 days. By default, would not get shampoo, soaps, and so may require to ask. Buses and shuttle services to the airports are available every half an hour. No availability of gymasium

Room Tip: Do online booking as you may find good bargain.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad that you had a good stay with us and I hope to see you again next time you are in the UK.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

This "converted to Ibis" hotel was clean and very good value, especially if you're just looking for a place to sleep over and catch a flight the next morning. Location is 10-15 minutes by Hoppa Bus to Terminal 1 or 3. If you're travelling from downtown, the Piccadilly Line is 45-50 minutes to terminal 3 and cost 5.50GBP. The Hoppa bus is 8 GBP return to this hotel from Term 3.
Hearty English Breakfast is 8.95GBP extra per person at the main floor restaurant. Free wifi... free computers available at front lobby.
Beware, if booking on-line we had to guarantee the room, no cancellation allowed.

Room Tip: we asked for a quiet room and got a very quiet room facing the residential neighbourhood at the rear...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis London Heathrow.

For future reference our website offers a choice of prepaid, or fully flexible rates. The prepaid rates offer lower prices but cannot be changed or cancelled, whereas the full price flexible rate can be cancelled up until 2pm on the day of arrival. I hope that this gives you more choice next time you make a reservation with us.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Ok. No real surprises here. Standard ibis stuff, with small rooms and a restaurant bar. Comfortable bed and good shower, but the carpet had a rather nasty tacky feel to it reminiscent of a back street cinema. The restaurant was ok but overpriced (£16 for a burger and chips which while a good size was pretty soggy). Oddly I had to wait an hour for a table, even though plenty appeared unoccupied. I suspect there was a staffing issue that night.

A useful hopper bus will take you to the airport for £4. Staff informed me that the journey was 20 mins and that the bus came every 20 mins, but at 0500 it actually took an hour. Perhaps I was unlucky, but don't cut your check in time too fine. Prepaid tickets were available from the foyer and the bus pulls up on the street right outside the hotel.

So, this is fine for a Heathrow stop, but you won't write home about it.

Room Tip: Probably not much in it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review. I am pleased that overall you were satisfied with your stay, and we have noted your feedback. I hope you will choose to stay with us again next time you fly from Heathrow.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

After 21 days traveling, I was looking for an inexpensive hotel for a stopover, before flying to the states. The Ibis was an excellent choice and certainly can be recommended. After buying a round trip ticket from the driver, the Hoppa bus ride was about 15 minutes from the terminal to the hotel. As this is a large hotel with minimal staff, there is usually a line to check in and out. The room was similar to other Ibis hotels, in that it is of moderate size with minimalist furniture, spotless, free wifi and most important, excellent air-conditioning. The restaurant has a limited menu but surprisingly good food if your expectations are not high. Another airport hotel that can be recommended is the Premier Inn. Although more expensive and slightly nicer, the lower floor has more restaurants and activities.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank You for your feedback, I am pleased that you had a good stay with us at Ibis Heathrow and I hope to see you again soon.

Richard Lee

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel
Mercure London Heathrow Hotel
1 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport

Been to Ibis London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!