“Night before flight to USA”

Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersBronze level
Worksop, United Kingdom
“Night before flight to USA”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Great proximity to Heathrow Airport with 8 pound round trip shuttle bus available. Excellent value compared to other hotels in the area. Good basic facilities i.e. food, bar etc.Good room size and amenities. Comfortable bed.
Only negative was a room that initially was quite cold but with in-room controls for the heating. However there were no instructions as to it's working and guesswork resulted in increased temperature but a noise that sounded like someone knocking on the door!! Hence the low score for sleep quality. If this reported problem has not been redressed- avoid room 263!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Heathroww, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to read that you had a good overall stay with us and I've well noted the points you raised about the heating and the sleep quality.
I hope to welcome you again on your next trip.

Richard Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mesagne, Italy
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I wanted to pay cash and I was treated like a thief... And the parking fee wasn't specified during the booking process (12GBP for parking 5 hrs!!!). Then personnel generally not nice, room so small that we could not even open comfortly the suitcase, only 2 old towels available and when we requested more by calling the reception we have been answered that for extra I should had booked a comfort room... definitely the worst hotel I have ever been into, to take only because if you desperately need to stay close to the airport

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I do apologise that your stay was not quite as pleasant. I would appreciate if you can contact me at the hotel so we can discuss this matter in more detail and I can investigate further.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Good Night sleep Cracking Bed which was just what I needed. Room perfectly clean everything worked just fine, but the decor and general feel was rather dated, and in need of a refurbishment. for example when did you last find a tv with just 10 channels ? Even the Ibis Budget in Hounslow has a full Freeview package..

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis London Heathrow Airport.
Regarding the points you mentioned about the dated decor, I would like to inform you that we are currently undergoing a series of refurbishment to improve our product.
I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2013

After staying in other hotels in the area at this price, this hotel beats them hands down. A really comfortable, clean and well laid out hotel just a short hoppa bus ride from the airport. I felt at home and safe even though I travelled on my own. Evening meal delicious and breakfast quality outstanding. I will recommend to anyone and will stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you, I truly appreciate your time and effort to share your thoughts about your experience at Ibis London Heathrow Airport.
I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and services and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is a basic type of hotel with clean but small rooms. One real helpful fact was that if you phone and ask, they let you check in at 10 AM without extra cost. I'd just arrived from a long night flight from Africa and was very grateful I did not have to hang around the airport. Another small extra that I wish other hotels had, there is an ironing room where you can do your own ironing. The hotel shuttle is just outside the door, but in fact I went to the central bus station from the terminal - free train - and then got a free bus to 100 yards of the hotel. Take the 105 or 111 and ask the driver to tell you when you arrive.The bedrooms are very thoroughly sound proofed and have comfortable beds. The buffet breakfast is rather over priced. The price given outside the hotel for a night was 20 GBP more than I had paid on line. One small annoying point was having to pay for internet access.

Room Tip: I think they are all identical!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Heathroww, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments; I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. For your information, we are working on a project to install free WiFi by this summer - I hope this will make your next stay even better value.

Israel
Reviewed March 20, 2013

really poor room layout n' enmities

as British air dumped me here due to there late arrival n' missed connection flight i had to suffer all night from the freezing room.

never again

I'll rather pay for a normal hotel the stay here for free

1 Thank koshsultant
Heathroww, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I am sorry to learn that your journey was disrupted and that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you wish to discuss any aspect of your stay in more detail.

Torres Novas, Portugal
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed one night before very early morning flight from Heathrow. Room is basic, but clean and the beds are comfortable, I have stayed in much worse than this for more than twice the price. The restaurant is very good and the staff very helpful. So much so that at 4am waiting for the shuttle to the airport, they gave us coffee and croissant because we wouldn't be around when the restaurant opened for breakfast, which was great, especially as breakfast was not included. Would stay here again every time I have an early flight.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your comments, I am pleased to hear that you were well looked after by our team and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Ibis Heathrow on your next visit.

Richard Lee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel

Been to Ibis London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!