“Best value around”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Best value around”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

After staying in other hotels in the area at this price, this hotel beats them hands down. A really comfortable, clean and well laid out hotel just a short hoppa bus ride from the airport. I felt at home and safe even though I travelled on my own. Evening meal delicious and breakfast quality outstanding. I will recommend to anyone and will stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Heathroww, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you, I truly appreciate your time and effort to share your thoughts about your experience at Ibis London Heathrow Airport.
I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and services and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Richard Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is a basic type of hotel with clean but small rooms. One real helpful fact was that if you phone and ask, they let you check in at 10 AM without extra cost. I'd just arrived from a long night flight from Africa and was very grateful I did not have to hang around the airport. Another small extra that I wish other hotels had, there is an ironing room where you can do your own ironing. The hotel shuttle is just outside the door, but in fact I went to the central bus station from the terminal - free train - and then got a free bus to 100 yards of the hotel. Take the 105 or 111 and ask the driver to tell you when you arrive.The bedrooms are very thoroughly sound proofed and have comfortable beds. The buffet breakfast is rather over priced. The price given outside the hotel for a night was 20 GBP more than I had paid on line. One small annoying point was having to pay for internet access.

Room Tip: I think they are all identical!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Heathroww, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments; I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. For your information, we are working on a project to install free WiFi by this summer - I hope this will make your next stay even better value.

Israel
Reviewed March 20, 2013

really poor room layout n' enmities

as British air dumped me here due to there late arrival n' missed connection flight i had to suffer all night from the freezing room.

never again

I'll rather pay for a normal hotel the stay here for free

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank koshsultant
Heathroww, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I am sorry to learn that your journey was disrupted and that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you wish to discuss any aspect of your stay in more detail.

Torres Novas, Portugal
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed one night before very early morning flight from Heathrow. Room is basic, but clean and the beds are comfortable, I have stayed in much worse than this for more than twice the price. The restaurant is very good and the staff very helpful. So much so that at 4am waiting for the shuttle to the airport, they gave us coffee and croissant because we wouldn't be around when the restaurant opened for breakfast, which was great, especially as breakfast was not included. Would stay here again every time I have an early flight.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your comments, I am pleased to hear that you were well looked after by our team and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Ibis Heathrow on your next visit.

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This Ibis is one of the very, very few hotels left that still accept reservations on a "6 pm courtesy hold" basis, the way it used to be a few years ago, before more and more hotels started adopting an utterly dishonest policy forcing you to cancel one or even several days before the day of arrival or you lose your money! They get away with it because people accept it; until their flight is cancelled at the very last minute; they lose their money and learn the hard way that you should never accept such a horrendous, dishonest and now unfortunately widespread policy!

At this Ibis, the courtesy hold is only good until 2 pm instead of 6 pm, but this is already very honest, considering that they don't ask you for a credit card.

Like all Ibis hotels where I have been to in Europe (Austria, France, UK) or in South America (Buenos Aires, Lima) this hotel has a queen bed (in France it's only an old double bed in some locations), an open mini closet without door, a small TV (NO composite connectors here), a wooden chair without padding and a small padded, not so comfortable seat by the wall to watch TV. It also has, like in all other Ibis, a wooden large shelf running from wall to wall under the window, which can be used as a desk.

This location also has an electric teapot on the desk with a couple of tea bags and four Nescafe, which is not always the case in other locations. I didn't have that last week at the Ibis Porte Dorée in Paris. I mean Paris France, of course, not Paris Texas!

However, I have never seen an Ibis with a frig, nor a microwave, nor an iron and an ironing board, as you will see in most Quality or even Comfort hotels in the US for half the price!

Unlike most locations, which only have a shower, this Ibis London Heathrow has a full bath with a bathtub, which could suffer some cleaning with Clorox by the way... We are very far here from the coconut white tub that I found at the Best Western in Bourg-en-Bresse (France) last June 2012 or at the ex-BW Palmgarten in Frankfurt in August 2011, both of which I already commented here in Trip Advisor. I conclude that in England, like almost everywhere else, the maids’ contribution to cleaning limits to run the vacuum cleaner and give a swift caress on the tub… Get on your knees and scrub that tub with Clorox and you’ll see the difference! There is a convenient “telephone shower” as we say in French, with a fixed support and a long hose to move it around, which is far better than a fixed shower, typical of most US hotels.

My room 403, where I slept on Saturday March 16 2013 as I returned from Paris to Miami for 55 £ without breakfast, opened towards Bath Road and LHR landing tracks; but YOU WON'T BE BOTHERED BY THE OUTSIDE NOISE because there is a DOUBLE WINDOW separated by several inches of air (maybe ten?), which is VERY EFFECTIVE. As a matter of fact, the outer window already has a double glass and I didn't hear planes landing about one block from my room!

Like all Ibis hotels where I have slept in Europe and South America, there is a central AC/heating with individually regulated temperature which is very effective.

And if you like classical music, you will find it at 100.90 FM but you must bring your own transistor.

WI-FI is an EXTRA 9.99 £ PER DAY (about $15 US extra!) including unlimited access to their movies, for those who can't live more than six hours without them...

However, there are TWO COMPUTERS in the lobby where you can access the INTERNET FOR FREE DURING 15 MINUTES.

If you want to have dinner not too far, you have the choice between a restaurant in premises and a McDonald's a couple of blocks away. Prices in the restaurant have more or less the same figures as in the US (5 for a starter, 15 for a main course and between 5 and 8 for a dessert) but in British Pounds, which means a good 50% more expensive.

This hotel has a 25 £ deal (circa $38 US a/o March 2013) including a 3 course dinner + breakfast. However, choices are rather limited for the main course and you won't find dishes like Chicken Curry, which you must take "à la carte" for 15 £.

The other solution is to walk two or three blocks to a McDonald's and have a cheeseburger for 0.99 £ (about $1.50 US) with a free cup of water (for which I had to buy a $0.50 cup twenty years ago at a McDonald's in the Far West...) The choice is yours.

Finally, this place has an EXCELLENT LOCATION if you are flying out of London Heathrow. There is a door to door shuttle for which you will pay 4.50 £ per person each way, which converts to $6.80 US a/o March 2013.

HOWEVER, if you accept to walk half a block when coming from the airport and one block when you return, you may take several PUBLIC BUSSES FOR FREE: Bus 140, that you take at the LHR CENTRAL BUS STATION on stall 19, will drop you one block away; make sure you get off as soon as it leaves Bath Road and turns left. BUT bus 105, that you also take from stall 19, or bus 111 leaving from stall 20 right next to it, will both drop you only half a block from this Ibis, at HARLINGTON CORNER BUS STOP. You will see a round building for the Holiday Inn as you exit the bus, and this Ibis is half a block farther on Bath Rd., next to a Bowling. Also, these two busses (105 and 111) run 24 hours a day, which is most interesting if you are flying out very early the next morning.

To return to the airport, the bus stop is common to all busses going to LHR Central.

When I flew back to Miami, I left the hotel at 7:05 am, and at 7:15 I was getting off bus 555 at the Bus Central Station at the airport. Like busses 140, 105 and 111, this bus 555 is also free in the vicinity of the airport.

I took an elevator down, then ten minutes walking underground, then another elevator up and at 7:25 am, I was waiting to check in at the AA Flagship counter outside of Terminal 3, where I had to wait a good twenty minutes because there was only one agent to handle this premium service, but that's another story...

In short, if you are flying out of London early in the morning, this is a very good place, far better than the Choice Comfort, for which I already posted a review here, which is more expensive, much farther (NO free bus to go so far!) and does not offer anything more than this Ibis, except for a padded chair and a narrow club chair in rooms slightly bigger than the Ibis ones...

Room Tip: Rooms over Bath Road open towards LHR landing tracks. However you won't be bothered by the outs...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Efrin_Knight
Thank you for your comprehensive review, I am sure many other travellers will find it useful. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and I hope we will welcome you back again in the future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Excellent quality control by the Ibis chain. One thing that impress me about this hotel is that they have their in-house (out sourced) taxi booking service. Do check with reception before arrival and you can have a taxi waiting for you when you arrive, at fixed rate (cheaper than flagging one ourself)!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Heathroww, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us, and we hope to see you again on your next trip.

Leeds, UK
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The accommodation was as expected from an airport hotel. We did not expect, nor need, anything fancy. We certainly did not need the stream of emails advising what to do during our stay. It was for one night prior to an early flight - no more, no less. We certainly did not need to be told what to see in London.
What had never been advised was the cost of parking the car for that one night - £12. Had we known, it would have been far cheaper to have left the car for an extra night at the airport car park and used the shuttle bus. As it was, it added nearly 50% to our overnight bill.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for posting your comments on here. I am sorry if you were not aware of our parking charges, we do display our parking prices on our website and endevour to ensure they are displayed on all online travel agent websites. I am sorry if this added unexpected costs to your stay, but our rate of £12 per 24 hours parking is very competative for hotels in the Heathrow area.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Ibis Heathrow again in the future.

Richard Lee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow

Been to Ibis London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!